+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 657: A severed Head

Summit of Evolution maxterdexter's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 657: A severed Head

One of those was because Oda's wife was sick, I belive that it was nothing serious, but required a doctor's atention.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    I forgot about Otohime. Here's to hoping she startes a trend. (b--)b

I had to look at the panel again, but you said that because of the eyelashes, right? Franky has eyelashes too.
    I never said anything about eyelashes

I didn't know that people would actually have trouble identifying the gender of that birdwoman. Her facial features are obviously female.

Oda is not exactly known by his androgynous designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami_Sama View Post
    I never said anything about eyelashes
    I was guessing that's what you meant by "girl eyes". Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I didn't know that people would actually have trouble identifying the gender of that birdwoman. Her facial features are obviously female.

We first saw Bird Lady with her wings speread, but too far away to pick out any details. Then, we saw a close-up from the chest up. However, instead of drawing boobs (as would be expected of Oda), there is a wing covering everything below the neck. I find that particularly odd since her wings in the previous panel were ready for liftoff, yet she decided to cover her chest anyway.

She could be naked, she could be a dude, or Oda could have thought that was best for the mood; any of these are possible because we've seen her for a grand total of 1 page. But if Oda wanted us to see her as a girl right from the getgo with no questions asked, it wouldn't have been hard for Usopp to say "bird girl" instead of "bird person".

So without any cues that say "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS IS 100% GIRL", I'm getting the feeling that she's not.

I wouldn't put her face as obviously female, either. We've had guys with large irises (Mihawk) and guys with eyelashes (Franky). Bird Lady just so happens to be a person with both. It's like saying Haruta's face is obviously male because he has no eyelashes or eye color.
    Last edited by Cruithne; February 18th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    I was guessing that's what you meant by "girl eyes". Whoops.

We first saw Bird Lady with her wings speread, but too far away to pick out any details. Then, we saw a close-up from the chest up. However, instead of drawing boobs (as would be expected of Oda), there is a wing covering everything below the neck. I find that particularly odd since her wings in the previous panel were ready for liftoff, yet she decided to cover her chest anyway.

She could be naked, she could be a dude, or Oda could have thought that was best for the mood; any of these are possible because we've seen her for a grand total of 1 page. But if Oda wanted us to see her as a girl right from the getgo with no questions asked, it wouldn't have been hard for Usopp to say "bird girl" instead of "bird person".

So without any cues that say "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS IS 100% GIRL", I'm getting the feeling that she's not.

I wouldn't put her face as obviously female, either. We've had guys with large irises (Mihawk) and guys with eyelashes (Franky). Bird Lady just so happens to be a person with both. It's like saying Haruta's face is obviously male because he has no eyelashes or eye color.

Hark

Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

-sigh- cant believe people are arguing whether the bird person is a guy or girl
    Oh well is anyone else disappointed about no Brook this chapter? He too should be awakening just anout now. What will happen when Smoker and Tashigi get to the ship?
    I think Brook can most likely hold his ground against Tashigi, and I don't think Smoker will have much interest in Brook alone and he will go to the island and leave Brook, Tashigi, and some of his G5 men on board the Sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by dondondodo View Post
    Oh well is anyone else disappointed about no Brook this chapter? He too should be awakening just anout now. What will happen when Smoker and Tashigi get to the ship?
    I think Brook can most likely hold his ground against Tashigi, and I don't think Smoker will have much interest in Brook alone and he will go to the island and leave Brook, Tashigi, and some of his G5 men on board the Sunny.
    well, since smoker&co where near one of those three island mentioned a couple of chapters ago, it will take some time to go to punk hazard, even a day or two, so brook can sleep well ^^

If the bird person is not a woman then it's a TRAP. :<
    It would be interesting to have that kind of bishounen in One Piece. But I still prefer to think it is a woman. Well maybe we're discussing the sex of angels :o

And too Juvar:
    No problem, sometimes it is hard to keep track of everyone who answered us. ;)
    I also noticed it was strange that the lines on the head only disappeard once it was properly placed. But I'm still going with Law. I prefer having his fruit being able to do that than another fruit with too many similarities to his.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta<3OP View Post
    And too Juvar:
    No problem, sometimes it is hard to keep track of everyone who answered us. ;)
    I also noticed it was strange that the lines on the head only disappeard once it was properly placed. But I'm still going with Law. I prefer having his fruit being able to do that than another fruit with too many similarities to his.
    Fair point. Yeah, Law is definitely the most likely culprit in my eyes - just thought these few things I pointed out earlier seem odd, for what we've seen of him so far, therefore also considering the possibility of a new character - I hope we'll see who's behind this soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dondondodo View Post
    Yeah i think it will take some more time for Smoker to ride in.... If I were Brook and I awoke alone on the ship, I would first try to contact the others using the Den Den Mushi like Sanji tried to so before he fell asleep and then try to get to the island to look for the captured mates or meet up with the others. If he cant get to the island, I suspect he will use his new tech of separating from his body to get to the island. But yeah Brook vs Tashigi would be interesting to see because both are ultimately users of swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Fair point. Yeah, Law is definitely the most likely culprit in my eyes - just thought these few things I pointed out earlier seem odd, for what we've seen of him so far, therefore also considering the possibility of a new character - I hope we'll see who's behind this soon enough.
    Yeah I noticed too that the lines only truly went away in the correct alignment and also that the head seemed to not just 'put together' with the correct parts just placed at the right places, but the head seems to have 'reattached' properly. For now, this all screams Law, but someone else's power could very well be involved. My biggest doubt comes from law's personality - to me he doesn't seem to be the type to become a Schichi but who knows, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post

Dunno it looked like a guy to me...but after seeing the harpy theoriesand reading it again I guess it migth probably be a girl but yeah the first time I saw it I though it was a guy.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769

Thought it was a girl.. haha..

Global warming is the least of their worries...

everytime oda take's a break he comes with something worth the wait, i think in two weeks time, we will know who this master (M) is, also the new shichibukai.

PH is heating up so many mysteries to uncover, can't wait.

There's absolutely no doubt about how awesome the next chapter will be.
    I hope the giant children will panic and throw random toys at the SHs, and they will be like: crap we can't punch little kids even if they are this big!
    Or something along those lines. A bet some of those kids will be like "You can't hurt the others, we will protect them from you, tiny evil people!"

My imagination got lose again.

People, if you have gender issues in One Piece, look at the iris. Girls have big irises. Guys only have the black dot :3.

People, if you have gender issues in One Piece, look at the iris. Girls have big irises. Guys only have the black dot :3.
    hahaha, woah dude! nice tip

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    @Jabra 'nuff said. that is too predictable and that, goes against Oda's true style= Keep the Fans on their Toes.
    Even the predictable becomes unpredictable when Oda wills it.

Not like I'm agreeing with what gotta<3op said entirely, but wouldnt Mihawk could as an exception with what we've seen so far?

There's a reason why Mihawk's eyes are his most notable feature (to the point of being the origin of his nickname). They're not the norm.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information