+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 657: A severed Head

Default Re: Chapter 657: A severed Head

Quote Originally Posted by icel View Post
    you haven't factored in the timeskip, plus Buggy used daggers between his fingers.

i don't think there would be a clear reference to him, only for it to end up being Law. plus we already know that Buggy was VERY likely made into a shichibukai. (same bat with the invitation for Jinbe brought a letter to Buggy.)
    Daggers aren't swords and I doubt a Samurai would make a mistake like that, and when has Oda ever, in the history of One Piece, changed somebody's weapons? Sure he's upgraded upon Zoro, Nami and Usopp's weapons, and gave that one CP-9 guy the Elephant Gun, but outside of that I can't think of anything.

Buggy has been using daggers since his days with Shanks IIRC, and has been his own Captain for a while with his pick of the plunder, if he wanted to start using swords you think he would have by the time Luffy met him.

Nami couldn't reference Law because she's never met him or seen what he can do, but Buggy's been around since the very beginnings of the Crew and is easily identifiable by his power.

Wait, why are people thinking of Bonney's fruit, just because kids appeared? Seeing as they look like they're playing like kids (One of them has a soccer ball), it's pretty clear they are actual children.

Quote Originally Posted by Peal View Post
    Just a thought here, maybe the warlord has a "puzzle" fruit, it would explain why you can attach this samurai anyway you please.
    I like that idea.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Oh god.

First page in and I was already hurting my sides from laughing too hard. Luffy, never change.

Samurai was hilarious, as well as almost every other panel.

Awesome chapter.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by SH-Avenger View Post
    Daggers aren't swords and I doubt a Samurai would make a mistake like that, and when has Oda ever, in the history of One Piece, changed somebody's weapons? Sure he's upgraded upon Zoro, Nami and Usopp's weapons, and gave that one CP-9 guy the Elephant Gun, but outside of that I can't think of anything.

Buggy has been using daggers since his days with Shanks IIRC, and has been his own Captain for a while with his pick of the plunder, if he wanted to start using swords you think he would have by the time Luffy met him.

Nami couldn't reference Law because she's never met him or seen what he can do, but Buggy's been around since the very beginnings of the Crew and is easily identifiable by his power.
    i skimmed through the last two chapters, and i didn't see any mention of a sword, just the word "cut." might have missed it though, in that case tell me which page.

Quote Originally Posted by mickdestroy View Post
    In Oda we thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    We don't know if the lower half and the head belong to the same man.
    Correction:
    Lower half and head belong to different people because of the "buh" the lower half says in the end of every line.
    Maybe Buggy AND Law are now shichis, who knows.
    Kinda insurance for the WG if Mihawk begins to backstab the wg. Law can cut anything in his "room", Buggy is invulnerable to slices.
    Thats bad speculation, but what speaks against those 2 being shichis?
    Also Buggy could have rejected the shichis ("Divide bounties from pirates and treasures with the WG? Screw u!!!").
    Sum known Yonkou-theories that have my full support:
    Hidden:
    -BigMam (PIC) is Lola's mom, her initial colour is green
    -Kaidou is Franky's dad, his initial colour is blue
    Here my link to this theory

Buggy is out of question. About Law... hm... it s possible, afterall he must have trained during these last two years, so his ability might have a more lasting effect in a much bigger radius then it used to be. I van imagine that. However, if I recall correctly, even when he "cut/sliced up" the bodies, the bodypart individually couldn't talk, only the head. And this makes me sceptic.

I'm still remembering when the lower half said "that damn Shichibukai". A new or old one, most likely new. Law? Don't think it will be to be honest, not after what he did at the war (don't remember if the marines figured out who he was).

Great start to the arc, but I hope the intensity dies away after a bit and it doesn't become too abnormal. Looks like there might be a deep plot to this arc, wonder what Oda has in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Why would Buggy want to split other people like he does with his own body instead of killing them on the spot?

Plus, that "clear reference" pretty much confirms that it wasn't Buggy. Oda is trying to keep the identity of the "mystery cutter" a secret (even if it might be obvious). If it was indeed Buggy, Oda wouldn't have made Nami mention him at all, because it would ruin the "mystery".

Nami's comment is about the Samurai's state, because it (the state) reminds her of Buggy. Her comment is not about the ability that turned the Samurai into that. Law's ability is pretty much turning other people into Buggy, but he has control over them instead.

Do the math.
    are you seriously asking that in a manga where characters rarely die? plus there could be a reason that hasn't been shown yet, like someone said, they could be using the limbs for something.

Eeeh, i think that's BS.
    And how do you know Buggy didn't gain further mastery of his devil fruit over the last two years? there's too many unknowns at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mickdestroy View Post
    In Oda we thrust.

yeah, I agree with some comments that Law has to be involved in this. It would not make sense to give other characters a very similar ability.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/NightmareLuffy
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightmareluffy/sets/

You should not love any anime/manga besides One Piece!! Otherwise shame on you! XD

Also we can assume that the incident from 4 yrs ago doesn't need to be responsible for the weather on that island.
    One half is cold, the other is hot/has an active volcano on it. The parts are divided by a lake/river.

@icel
    Y should Buggy improve his ability in the last 2 yrs if he had this ability since 25+ yrs?
    Also think of it:
    the only thing he could improve is the range of his parts flying around. Oda explained his ability in ID:
    his feet have always to stay on the ground while his other part can fly around until a certain area.
    IMO he can just train to enlarge this area, but he cannot improve his ability so others r able to run around sliced apart just like himself. What benefit would Buggy have from such an improvement?
    R u a troll or sth?
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; February 15th, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Sum known Yonkou-theories that have my full support:
    Hidden:
    -BigMam (PIC) is Lola's mom, her initial colour is green
    -Kaidou is Franky's dad, his initial colour is blue
    Here my link to this theory

No destiny but we make LazyJustice's Avatar

I don't know if anyone said this before, but I think that Punk Hazard is the island on which Akainu and Aokiji fought, that what "the incident" may be. After all, they fought for a week, so it is possible that they changed permanently the weather on the island with their powers, so a half is completely frozen by Aokiji, and the other half is melted with magma and hellish hot because of Akainu...
    About the Shichibukai guesses, I think it is Law's work: the Government acknowledged him during the war, since he's the one who made Luffy escape, and, after three years, they may have decided that it was more convenient to have him on their side. Plus, the sleeping gas and the "anti-radiations" uniforms look very "scientific", since Law is a doctor it may fit.
    Just guesses, anyway.

And how do you know Buggy didn't gain further mastery of his devil fruit over the last two years? there's too many unknowns at this point.
    i still don't see how buggy being able to split means that the people he cuts can split.

surely that's like saying whoever luffy punches will turn into rubber.
    paramecia powers usually just stick to the one user.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJustice View Post
    I don't know if anyone said this before, but I think that Punk Hazard is the island on which Akainu and Aokiji fought, that what "the incident" may be. After all, they fought for a week, so it is possible that they changed permanently the weather on the island with their powers, so a half is completely frozen by Aokiji, and the other half is melted with magma and hellish hot because of Akainu...
    The incident was 4 years ago, the fight happened atleast 2 years ago.
    I guess everytime we start a thread chapter of this arc we need to remind people about this.

"No contaban con mi astucia"

are you seriously asking that in a manga where characters rarely die? plus there could be a reason that hasn't been shown yet, like someone said, they could be using the limbs for something.

Eeeh, i think that's BS.
    Because Buggy's ability is limited to his body and his body only. Are you going to say that Luffy is able to make other people stretch like him or Smoker is able to turn other people into smoke like him? Those guys did train hard during 2 years after all.

Oda never makes abilities too similar to each other. Stop with the wishful thinking.

In the offchance that Buggy's power grew and allowed him to split other's bodies, he would do it with his mind, as he has always done, not with a sword.

Vegapunk can't replicate Devil Fruit Powers, he could replicate Kizaru's laser because it was a replicable process, otherwise it's like saying that whomever invented gunpodwer was replicating Mr 5's powers. When he weaponizes MAGMA then you have a case about it.

The giant kids are either that, Kids of the race of Giants in one piece, or that the strawhats were shrunk (Even though that devil fruit was showcased in one of the lesser videogames). Why would Bonney be involved just because they are kids?

Angel Girl. Nothing to say here other than she looks sinister. How many winged girls there are in Fairy Tales? It could be a hint, she could be Big Mom's spy. Or better yet, Kaido's.

Loved the crew's interaction, the misteries keep pilling up.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Because Buggy's ability is limited to his body and his body only. Are you going to say that Luffy is able to make other people stretch like him or Smoker is able to turn other people into smoke like him? Those guys did train hard during 2 years after all.

Oda never makes abilities too similar to each other. Stop with the wishful thinking.
    totally agreed.

i ninja'd you, but you said it better. XD

Are there really people who think Buggy affected the Legs and Head?? Its not his power, his power affects his own body. Saying 'he's mastered it' is like saying that Luffy can train his power to make other people rubber-like...Oda said their DFS are not like that, it does not affect other people.

edit, King Cannon beat me to it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Angel Girl. Nothing to say here other than she looks sinister. How many winged girls there are in Fairy Tales? It could be a hint, she could be Big Mom's spy. Or better yet, Kaido's.
    i'm hoping that she's a harpie, which would be another mythical creature to add to the list of ones we've seen in OP.

Let me guess:

Pirates kidnap this samurai's son to this island. --> That's why this guy hate Pirates so much.

He come here to find his son. But end up fighting a Shichibukai, and get cut into many pieces.
    Upper Body has legs, and can run away, but the head cant move. This Shichibukai take the head to the jail --> This Shichibukai maybe is the 'M' (Master) of the Gas gang.

And finally, take a look at Franky:

I am teh Juggernaut Bitch! Rori's Avatar

Eeeh, i think that's BS.
    Buggy had like 20+ years to improve his skills or his devil fruit powers, I doubt he had powered up even by a little. And if buggy was really invited to join the shichibukai was not because of his own power but of his new crew members from Impel Down and the fact that he is part of the late Pirate king's crew and a friend of red hair.

oh well, this chapter is awesome. Law's probably the one responsible tho it's still 50/50.
    "May The Haki Be With You...."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information