Closed Thread
Page 12 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto and Bleach II: I don't have the heart to care anymore.

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach II: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Hey guys, guess what I did? I sort of quickly skimmed the whole of Naruto this past month, just to get what the gist of the series is because I kinda felt like I want to understand the jokes.
    I'm just going to say that I'm probably never going to read this series properly. I hate Sasuke mainly because his sudden change to wanting to destroy Konoha, the whole thing with Itachi is a mess and I still think Sasuke's motivations are kind of unclear to me. So his brother was trying to protect Konoha, but now he's going to destroy the village? What. I'm not sure with anything of that. Maybe I should read all of that more properly.
    What I did get was the theme shift from part one to part two, which made Naruto's whole character kind of pointless. The whole point of him was to show that talent and inheritance isn't everything that counts. But then suddenly his father is the hokage and he's ninja Jesus basically.
    Sakura is just bland and useless basically. I know Robin doesn't really have many fights either, but at least her abilities evolve and she takes part of all the team fights and also helps with her smarts along with knowing how to read the poneglyphs. Sakura has healing powers and has one fight which is kinda cool, but we still barely see her do anything.
    I feel sorry for Hinata. Poor girl. Hell yeah! Rock Lee! Props to all the fights before Naruto vs. Sasuke. There's like 8 characters getting their own spotlight. The fox also gets a special mention even if he turned good. Orochimaru was creepy as hell, a fairly good villain. Pein and Madara can burn in hell. I like Killer Bee and Raikage.
    The art got considerably worse as the series went on. Seriously, it looks hideous at times.
    I don't get the eye powers either. There's so many things they can do and are utterly broken...
    Overall, I don't think it's as bad as Bleach, but it's meh. Also, feel free to fix any things I might have gotten wrong. I really just read it pretty quickly.
    Hey, for someone who just skimmed quickly through it, you nailed the main problems with the series quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorGB View Post
    Hey, for someone who just skimmed quickly through it, you nailed the main problems with the series quite well.
    Thanks! I just have to add that the art just really really bugs me. I mean it was fine for a while, but then it just gradually got worse. How can people say that OP looks like shit when some chapters of Naruto just have that awfully sketchy art. I also now get why newsong is such an hilariously bad opening.

Ya know, the Pain part wasn't that bad until all the retardation began. I mean, Nagato was off to a good start, within like 4 chapters he:

-Immediately bombed and destroyed the village, I like that
    -Split up and started killing everyone valuable

Then.. just when things were dark and entertaining....

Konahamaru all of a sudden kills one of them... and then is never seen again. KONOHAMARU kills one of them with a RASENGAN. Why? Just why?

And then Kishi tried to pull a "fast one" by having Team Gai absent so they wouldn't "lose to Pain" and lose fans.

He honestly seems to be delaying that card for as long as possible, because he knows full well once Rock Lee loses one more time to another one of these "inherited power" tools the fanbase is going to dwindle.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    -Immediately bombed and destroyed the village, I like that
    Yes, I too like how it completely contradicts what an actual ninja would do (though I suppose Kishi was too fargone by that point) and how it was completely unnecessary.

-Split up and started killing everyone valuable
    Who did he kill that was valuable?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Yes, I too like how it completely contradicts what an actual ninja would do (though I suppose Kishi was too fargone by that point) and how it was completely unnecessary.
    Yeah.. way too far gone. Also, the entire Pain arc was unecessary, so that point is kind of moot.

I've completely ignored the fact that these guys are "ninjas" for years.

Oh man, that just reminded me though, how did nuking a village not kill anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Who did he kill that was valuable?

Didn't he kill those sensory people so they couldn't find him? I forget.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    Oh man, that just reminded me though, how did nuking a village not kill anyone?
    Some bullshitty mass-revival Jutsu by Nagato?Coincidentally,this happens to be the part where this arc destroyed it's credibility in my eyes.

But hey,I thought,atleast this arc re-established Naruto as someone relatively cool and heroic...and the very next thing I know,he is prostrating himself before Raikiage Raikage,crying to him,begging him to spare his precious Glossy Black and also hyper-ventilating about the aforementioned creature in the same arc.DAMN IT,KISHI.

And really,as goddamn annoying as he is in his current "Ninja Hippie Jutsu Messiah Destined Child" form,it's atleast a hundred times better than his other common state in Part 2-whining and moaning for his precious.
    Last edited by Sander; February 21st, 2012 at 10:45 PM.

NAruto 575 spoiler

Spoiler:
    カブトが改造した穢土マダラは初代との融合した体の為木遁の凄い忍術使ってた
    イタチとサスケが出会いそうな所で来週 サスケはイタチを目視してた
    The Edo Tensei-Madara is able to use Mokuton because his body is fused with the First Hokage.
    The chapter ends at a point where it looks like Sasuke and Itachi will meet.

Quote:
    洋服が破れて初代の顔が有った
    五影みんな気付いた

Madara's clothes are ripped and the First Hokage's face appears from behind them.
    All the Kage notice it.

Quote:
    五影ふらふら(水とオノノキが特に)

The Kage are getting worn out (especially Mei and Ohnoki).

Spoiler:
    You know who I think the First Hokage should really be fused with

Spoiler:
    Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson
    Last edited by Pochipochi; February 22nd, 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Spoiler:
    AGAIN with the faces were faces shoulden't be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk
    "This tea's slightly more bitter than usual. EXECUTION FOLLOWED BY THE EXECUTION OF EVERYONE DEAR TO YOU."
    Holy H. P. Lovecraft spinning through the 13 abyssal planes on a propane grill!

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    NAruto 575 spoiler

Spoiler:

The Edo Tensei-Madara is able to use Mokuton because his body is fused with the First Hokage.
    The chapter ends at a point where it looks like Sasuke and Itachi will meet.

Quote:
    洋服が破れて初代の顔が有った
    五影みんな気付いた

Madara's clothes are ripped and the First Hokage's face appears from behind them.
    All the Kage notice it.

Quote:
    五影ふらふら(水とオノノキが特に)

The Kage are getting worn out (especially Mei and Ohnoki).
    Spoiler:
    We finally see more of the Kage vs Madara fight?!
    Thank God, Kishi. I swear, if he had skipped that damn fight, I would have burst a blood vessel.

hey, this time they used an one piece cover
    http://www.mangastream.com/read/jpreview/83942308/1
    Last edited by akagami7; February 22nd, 2012 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    But then suddenly his father is the hokage and he's ninja Jesus basically.
    It would be okay if he never learned that he is son of 4th, or maybe learned after he succeeded on his own, it would probably add to his happiness. But the fact that they meet is not cool. I don't feel fire towards these series anymore, so I don't feel anything particular to this turn, but I still think that plotpoint sucks. If Nardo himself became 'destined child' then okay, it would not be the strongest turn (perhaps, depends on how it's done). But his development would support this. He chose what to do and succeeded. And everyone finally acknowledges him. Nice end.
    But he is told he is 'the one' and everyone tells him so and stuff and that turns everything upside-down.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Ivan asks Ichigo to repeat himself. Ichigo asks him to get off the bed. Ivan refuses.

The audacity.

Reliant Robin Enthusiast mr.french's Avatar

Just read the J-Preview... Oh, look another deus ex machina! The Rock Kage recovering everyone in a convenient manner! This is THE best!
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

The face on Madara's chest... it looks so familiar. But where from?

Also, why is this thread not about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson any more.

Because this thread can't handle Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
    Last edited by y2kyle89; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: What chya gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BSABSVR of Fark
    Yes. Putting videos on YouTube that say "look at this sexist thing" is exactly like Jack Thompson's campaign to get video games banned.

You're the reason shampoo has the "do not use internally" warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Ivan asks Ichigo to repeat himself. Ichigo asks him to get off the bed. Ivan refuses.

The audacity.
    Ichigo kicks him out the window.

Is it me, or is he responding worse to still-not-Aizen getting mud on the sheets than he did Aizen trying to kill everyone he knew and loved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    *Ichigo's bleeding and helpless on the ground, his arms torn off and fed to chickens*
    Ichigo: guys... what the hell... are you...doing...???
    Chad: Ichigo get up and apologize for hurting Shuu

This week's Naruto's asspull chapter is out.
    eaf4e9

Hey Soul Society, good job on the whole genocide of the Quincies thing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information