Closed Thread
Page 51 of 500 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 10000

Thread: Naruto and Bleach II: I don't have the heart to care anymore.

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach II: Hitler and hesitant hussies, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    I'm guessing the implication is that Hyourinmaru is an actual spiritual ice dragon, and that he's chosen the two friends to wield his power as zampakutou. And I think a shinigami's sword does indeed come into existence as soon as they become a shinigami.
    As far as I interpret the Shrimpo chapter the dragon seemed to talk to Hitsugaya from within, and even says "I am you", indicating that he's part of Hitsus soul or whatever. But even if it was a real ice dragon, it'd be kind of a dick move to choose two people as your wielders considering SS legislature.

The Szayel lookalike wanted his power to be "recognized" and become the strongest shinigami, using the bakkoutou's supposed potential for INFINITE POWEEEEER. The princess stuff had to do with Amagai's siding with the Kasumiouji clan for their secret illicit Bakkoutou as an avenue to kill Yamamoto, but his only stated reason for wanting Rurichiyo dead as well was "because that's the fate of the Kasumiouji Clan!" which is really, really retarded.
    But as far as I understood, all Amagai really needed to seal Yamamotos zanpakuto was that tuning fork bakkuto. Couldn't he have obtained that without who knows how many episodes of shenanigans with princesses and assasins?

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    As far as I interpret the Shrimpo chapter the dragon seemed to talk to Hitsugaya from within, and even says "I am you", indicating that he's part of Hitsus soul or whatever. But even if it was a real ice dragon, it'd be kind of a dick move to choose two people as your wielders considering SS legislature.

But as far as I understood, all Amagai really needed to seal Yamamotos zanpakuto was that tuning fork bakkuto. Couldn't he have obtained that without who knows how many episodes of shenanigans with princesses and assasins?
    The studio intervened.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

So recently a few mangaka did some Final Fantasy art for something or another (Araki did a good Terra and Kefka, Oda did a one for III that looks like Mashima's work oddly enough, and the guy who did FotNS's art handled Warrior of Light pretty well.)

Here's Kubo's rendition of a woman in Squall's clothes.

That was for Dissidia. I also believe that Kishi drew Cloud Strife.

EDIT: Here's Cloud too, because this thread is also about Naruto.

Definitely prettier than Sakura, which isn't saying much nowadays.
    Last edited by King Cannon; March 5th, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Yeah, but the way I figure, Hyourinmaru has got to be an actual entity outside of Hitsugaya, or else the twin swords would be a super unbelievable coincidence.

He powered up his tuning fork using the Cthulhu eye in Kibune's bakkoutou, since it was an energy cell or something that was powered up by all the fighting. Which I suppose means that the first half of the arc with all the assassins trying to kill Rurichiyo didn't really matter in Amagai's scheme.

http://kumonohi.tumblr.com/post/17406354842/shonen-jump-artists-draw-final-fantasy
    T
    his is the rest of the final fantasy arts if people are interested. Personally i like toriyama and sorachi's drawings which are FF11 & 12 respectifly

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    http://kumonohi.tumblr.com/post/17406354842/shonen-jump-artists-draw-final-fantasy
    T
    his is the rest of the final fantasy arts if people are interested. Personally i like toriyama and sorachi's drawings which are FF11 & 12 respectifly
    Dat Terra and Warrior of Light.

Those bastards, they made Inoue draw fucking Titus

Fucking Titus

Those bastards, they made Inoue draw fucking Titus

Fucking Titus
    I've never actualy played FF X, nor do I recall who exactly Inoue is right now, but holy shit, who'se wife do you have to grope on the bus to be settled with this kind of punishment ?
    Last edited by No Maam; March 5th, 2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: I'd post the laugh, but I can't find a clip of it.

Wasn't it confirmed that these "Shonen Jack guys draw Final Fantasy" pieces are just fanart? The colouring alone is totally off. And the one supposedly done by Oda looks like drawn by someone mixing him and Mashima.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    nor do I recall who exactly Inoue is right now,
    You've got to be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    T
    As always Oda's work looks the best. Toriyama made a nice one too.

Kishimoto simply drew Naruto with longer hair.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Discovered Stowaway David Ludwig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed that these "Shonen Jack guys draw Final Fantasy" pieces are just fanart?
    Yes. In the Final Fantasy thread.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Them being fanart would explain why the Araki one uses the Stone Ocean art style.

On another note, here’s the full second part of the Kubo interview.

Spoiler:
    Q: After the massive Arrancar arc finished, can you tell us what you were trying to do with the Lost Agent arc that started in volume 49?

TK: In the story arc, I was trying to reboot and recreate what I have done in Bleach up until now. In Bleach Chapter one, Ichigo gained the power of a Soul Reaper. But now that he has lost his power, Ichigo must get it back. It’s like starting all over. The Lost Agent arc is important because it leads into future chapters. (Note: The next arc, The Final Chapter: Thousand Years Blood War arc began this issue!)

Q: In Color Bleach+: The Official Bootleg (SJ Profiles), you drew very humorous sides of the characters. Which characters do you like to draw as a comic relief?

TK: AS I draw manga, I love giving a hard time to Toshiro Hitsugaya. Of if he were still alive, I would do the same thing to Ulquiorra. To me, it’s so funny to see the contrast between the characters’ usual personalities and their interactions in a comedic situation. Hitsugaya is an almighty character in that sense. Even in the regular series, he’s the one who responds to other characters’ silliness. It’s just so much fun to expose the sides of a characters’ personality you don’t normally see.

Q: The use of Spanish words in your manga gives it a very unique flair. How do you come up with the terms? Do you speak Spanish or have access to a Spanish speaker to check the terms and names?

TK: When I choose Spanish terms for Bleach, the most important thing is the sound of it. I generally have an idea of what I want to convey. Then I flip through a dictionary and look up a lot of words with similar meanings. Out of these choices, I pick the word that matches the right feeling and that has a good sound to it. I’m sure to the native speakers it might have grammatical problems. But that’s a part of my work and my expression too.

Q: Digital manga, like Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha, is starting to take off in America. What are your thoughts on digital manga?

TK: To be honest I'm not very used to digital comics. I really like books and print media. But I know that for the United States, the country is huge, and there may not be bookstores around where you live. So I can see how useful it could be there.

Q: Your characters have been through a lot in the nearly fifty volumes of manga you’ve drawn. Which character do you think has changed or grown the most, and how?

TK: I feel like Ichigo is definitely the character that has grown the most. Particularly while I’m working on the current story arc, I feel like Bleach is all about Ichigo. He leads the story and takes us into the story. I feel strongly that when Ichigo is having a hard time, I want to cheer him on. When I am having a hard time in real life, Ichigo is the one who cheers me up.

Q: Do you have any last comments to the fans of Bleach in the U.S.?

TK: For those of you who are just getting into reading the new story arc of Bleach, you may notice that the series is going to be a bit different. This new arc will lead you into a whole new kind of story that you haven’t seen before. I hope that you get to experience this difference as you read the manga near-simultaneously with the audience in Japan.

Discovered Stowaway David Ludwig's Avatar

I love how accurately bland the Naruto and Bleach ones are though.

Particularly while I’m working on the current story arc, I feel like Bleach is all about Ichigo. He leads the story and takes us into the story. I feel strongly that when Ichigo is having a hard time, I want to cheer him on. When I am having a hard time in real life, Ichigo is the one who cheers me up.
    And I was wondering why this manga was so bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed that these "Shonen Jack guys draw Final Fantasy" pieces are just fanart? The colouring alone is totally off. And the one supposedly done by Oda looks like drawn by someone mixing him and Mashima.

You've got to be kidding.
    I'm terrible at remembering names. Absolutely terrible.

I wonder how Ichigo's able to cheer him up.

"WHY ME SAD, Ichigo?"

"WHY ME NO BACKGROUND, asshole?"

And then Kubo laughs again. Sweet story if you think about it.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Quote Originally Posted by Noriaki-kun
    When I am having a hard time in real life, Ichigo is the one who cheers me up.
    I wonder how that works.

Spoiler:
    Kubo sits drawing with ink on the floor. Ichigo comes in.
    - 'Sup, Kubo, - and goes to the kitchen. Then he shouts from the kitchen.
    - Kubo! I'm taking..., - Kubo freezes on the spot, - ... your chicken nuggets!!

- NOOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOoOoooOOOooo..., - Kubo falls on his knees.
    - Give it back, Ichigo... give my nuggets back!!
    - What...? You're joking. The nuggets I put in your fridge... they belong to me!! - Ichigo's face is as cold as stone
    Kubo's mexican janitor comes into the room.
    - Excuse me, seņor Kubo, - and starts moping the floor.
    Kubo's out of breath. Everything that he knew was destroyed.
    - So that's it... that is it, then...? Chad... you too...? That's how it is...? - Kubo breaks into tears.

Yeah, but the way I figure, Hyourinmaru has got to be an actual entity outside of Hitsugaya, or else the twin swords would be a super unbelievable coincidence.
    Didn't the chapter only come out a few weeks before the movie? My money is on the movie staff treating Bleach continuity with the same amount of care Kubo does

Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    TK: I feel like Ichigo is definitely the character that has grown the most.
    Fullbringer-arc Rukia: The great thing about Ichigo is that he's never changed. Ever.

Oh Kubo you sly dog.

Closed Thread

Thread Information