+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 536: ''Decisive Battle at Ryuuguu Palace! Zoro vs. Hody''

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Default Re: 536: ''Decisive Battle at Ryuuguu Palace! Zoro vs. Hody''

Yeah Toei kind of shot themselves in the foot with that one. Though it may depend on how far ahead in the production cycle they storyboard their episodes. Its possible that this scene was created before Hodi's reveal, since they may have reasonably assumed he had some sort of tragic back story to justify his actions. Though that still doesn't explain the other glaring problem of human pirates both strutting through the Fishman district like they own the place and not being immediately crushed by the incredible water pressure that should exist at that depth (one of them even has a musket, which would NEVER work underwater).

Also, what is the spoiler policy for commenting on the anime threads? I originally assumed mentioning the inconsistency would be a spoiler given that its not going to show up in the anime for 2 dozen or so episodes and was treated like a big reveal in the manga, but it looks like people are talking about it openly.

They didn't completely murder it because I re-read the arc yesterday and in the chapter of his reveal (or 1 before) it has a bottom panel showing Hody watching human pirates terrorising in the fishman district. so you could say that Toei just altered that a bit and moved it forward a fair way.
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jiru View Post
    Few people understand that Oda has never drawn Luffy with pink skin during gear second. It is an animation only effect. Volume's 40 and 44 have covers drawn and colored by Oda that showcase Luffy in G2 with only smoke. I concede that Oda never drew the trademark pumping of blood during the PX-5 encounter or vs Hammond and Hyozou.
    Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. I guess Toei haven't been making a mistake turning his whole body pink. It would look weird in the anime if only one part of his body turned pink anyways.

Volume 40
    Spoiler:

Volume 44
    Spoiler:

P.S. Is Arlong's voice actor different from the Arlong Park arc? I didn't find that it suited him.

The water pressure underwater at Fishman Island is not the same as the water pressure outside Fishman Island. The water inside the bubble is like normal surface water, it is only outside the bubble that it is crushing. We've seen that with Nami + other Strawhats just using bubble heads instead of full body bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by YouDNewb View Post
    They didn't completely murder it because I re-read the arc yesterday and in the chapter of his reveal (or 1 before) it has a bottom panel showing Hody watching human pirates terrorising in the fishman district. so you could say that Toei just altered that a bit and moved it forward a fair way.
    Which panel from which page from which chapter?

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motoss View Post
    The water pressure underwater at Fishman Island is not the same as the water pressure outside Fishman Island. The water inside the bubble is like normal surface water, it is only outside the bubble that it is crushing. We've seen that with Nami + other Strawhats just using bubble heads instead of full body bubbles.
    Yeah but that was in the bubble. These pirates are in the Fishman District, which isn't in the main bubble.

An Ordinary Crack Dealer MasterKingJC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet_Admiral_Akainu View Post
    I think he's talking about this page.

Spoiler:

I don't think those are humans on the bottom panel. They look like panicking fishmen.

We can dance if we want to...

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

I just realized I never saw the Arlong anime fight in Japanese. I really liked the voice actor they used in this.

Also, yeah the FB could be a bit of a problem now. Hopefully they can fix it some how to match up. And I was disappointed they dragged out Zoro's fight. I get they may have wanted it to...wait I don't know why'd they make that choice.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Chapter 644 page 4 (mangareader) the bottom panel's.

i don't know why are all you saying taht hody was a kid in the flashback form the anime, they are suing his 15 years old design

his kid design is this

He already hated humans when he was a little kid, anything which happened later isn't gonna change his reasons to hate humans.
    the flashback from the anime try to make you sympathize with him, that's why it's utterly stupid, but it doesn't create a plothole.

Chapter 644 page 4 (mangareader) the bottom panel's.
    LOL...there are no humans there...at all.That panel shows just fishmen complaining about the crescent number of attacks done by humans.That's all.
    I mean...did you actually thought that the people laying on the ground are humans just because they're... laying on the ground? Even more when the scene indicates that they're just some fishman mourning about the kidnapping/death of some parent/friend or something like that? We cannot even see accurately their physical traces to state that they're humans -like you did- and since there's no character in that panel directing any specific comment about them...well...you can conclude the rest.
    Last edited by Fleet_Admiral_Akainu; February 22nd, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by light_kun View Post
    Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. I guess Toei haven't been making a mistake turning his whole body pink. It would look weird in the anime if only one part of his body turned pink anyways.

P.S. Is Arlong's voice actor different from the Arlong Park arc? I didn't find that it suited him.
    Yeah, I wonder if Luffy's arm will turn dark red for "Red Hawk" since it is a combination of G2 and CoA. I couldn't find any source saying that the voice actor is the same but I re watched the episode and compared it to a youtube clip and the voices are the same.

LOL...there are no humans there...at all.That panel shows just fishmen complaining about the crescent number of attacks done by humans.That's all.
    I mean...did you actually thought that the people laying on the ground are humans just because they're... laying on the ground? Even more when the scene indicates that they're just some fishman mourning about the kidnapping/death of some parent/friend or something like that? We cannot even see accurately their physical traces to state that they're humans -like you did- and since there's no character in that panel directing any specific comment about them...well...you can conclude the rest.
    Well to me it looked like Hody was witnessing a fight between fishmen and humans, to you it may look different. And it says "Those humans" which means they are referring to someone they are witnessing. And why would people be mourning the kidnapping/ death with the weapon looking things above their heads? even for a manga thats a strange way of mourning someone

Well to me it looked like Hody was witnessing a fight between fishmen and humans, to you it may look different. And it says "Those humans" which means they are referring to someone they are witnessing. And why would people be mourning the kidnapping/ death with the weapon looking things above their heads? even for a manga thats a strange way of mourning someone
    If they had said 'these' instead of 'those', i would, MAYBE, accept that hypothesis as plausible...but that's not the case. I mean:I assume that you know the difference between 'these' and 'those',right? If 'those' means someone that they're witnessing, then 'these' would mean exactly what for you?rs.
    They are clearly talking about the humans that are rampaging on Fishman Island as a whole..not about specific humans in front of them. Also, I guess you didn't read my post with attention, because if you had did so, you would notice that when I talked about the people mourning, I was referring specifically to the people laying on the ground in that panel.Do you see any of them holding a weapon above their heads?No...the ones that are holding weapons above their heads are on their feet, just like villagers holding torches screaming in anger ready to kill the frankestein. But the frankestein wasn't there, in front of them, when they picked their torches and furiously started to march looking for him.
    Do you remember that classic scene from the movie,right?That's exactly what this panel shows to me:an uproar...not a battle.Even more because there's no way that they would scream in despair that 'There's only death ahead!Fishman ISLAND is doomed' and that 'the age of pirates has started!There's people dying at Fishman ISLAND everyday!' during a damn battle with humans in Fishman DISTRICT... a place, by the way, that is completely engulfed in water and gives absolute advantage to fishmen against any human that dare to step there.
    Last edited by Fleet_Admiral_Akainu; February 23rd, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

I'd like to point out that people posting spoilers should really use spoiler tags.

It's not fun for us anime only people to get spoiled for reading the anime forum. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slardar View Post
    I'd like to point out that people posting spoilers should really use spoiler tags.

It's not fun for us anime only people to get spoiled for reading the anime forum. Thanks in advance.
    I think the manga readers are trying to point the Anime only watchers towards the right direction.. lol Since the anime may be changing up the story a little, but we can't be for sure until later episodes come out, but yes spoiler tags would be appropriate.. =[]

Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    I think the manga readers are trying to point the Anime only watchers towards the right direction.. lol Since the anime may be changing up the story a little, but we can't be for sure until later episodes come out, but yes spoiler tags would be appropriate.. =[]
    I get what you're saying, but that's not the point. I dont enjoy reading for example about Luffy's new attacks that I dont know about.

So all in all, use those spoiler tags when your post contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
    It could still work. When Hordy says "nothing," he'll still be saying "nothing." He won't regard what happened as anything important. And we'll still hate him.

Easy fix.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information