+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 658: Biscuits Room

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Default Re: Chapter 658: Biscuits Room

Quote Originally Posted by Tahkyn View Post
    I think the Master is a renegade Timelord. He probably has a TARDIS tucked away on the island somewhere, let's see fi we can play 'spot the blue police call box.'

Kudos to the people who called Punk Hazard as the site of the Aokiji/Akainu showdown. I ruled it out because of the 4 year gap when the fire/ice is not related to that incident after all.

Perona cover story, she could yet join the crew haha. No.

I think Big Mom may have an agency, like Crocodile had Baroque Works. We might get a saga-length build up to the inevitable battle between the Straw Hats and Mom's crew.

Perhaps the children are there to test some kind of vaccine for an illness rising out of the Vegapunk Incident. "We're not sick any more..." it's working? Their usage as experimental guinea pigs makes sense and would explain why they want to escape from this place.

That sickness part you said at the end is a possibility, and it would make sense that they would use giants as well because if the vaccine worked on giants, and esecially babies, then it should work on normal people.

Why do I have the feeling that the Strawhats releasing those children from their "quarantine" will turn out to be a huge mistake?

Why would you quarantine children on a dangerous, abandoned island such as Punk Hazard? That is a big indication that the kids aren't safe. While they are out of danger in their shelter, the suspicious location tells us they're in greater potential danger for staying.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that the Strawhats releasing those children from their "quarantine" will turn out to be a huge mistake?
    A giant mistake you mean.

Interesting thought. As far as we know, Oda can pretty much come up with the most unexpected conclusion for this arc.
    Also, I forgot to note, that not only giant children are there. This makes me wonder if they are really the kids of giants, or just like that because of experiments. I'll assume it's the latter since I find it more exciting, but who knows, really~

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but what the hell is wrong with Sanji's hand in the middle left panel?!?! http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/658/11

Yeah, that hand is creepy. The fingers are all messed up.
    Last edited by King Cannon; March 3rd, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

and has anyone noticed brook's cup with his jolly roger on?!?!? <3

His former Jolly Roger. Everybody has a new one now.

Also, I would like to know if anybody else thinks this arc is going to be a short one (two volumes max, 18-20 chapters). I know there are plenty of mysteries going around here, but the story seems to be advancing pretty fast (the Strawhats are pretty much done with the fire side) so I wouldn't be surprised if (mostly) everything gets wrapped up in ten chapters from now on.

Lack of possible long flashbacks and few antagonists (the weird slime, Smoker and, possibly, the Harpy) don't help me believe otherwise.
    Last edited by King Cannon; March 3rd, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    His former Jolly Roger. Everybody has a new one now.

Also, I would like to know if anybody else thinks this arc is going to be a short one (two volumes max, 18-20 chapters). I know there are plenty of mysteries going around here, but the story seems to be advancing pretty fast (the Strawhats are pretty much done with the fire side) so I wouldn't be surprised if (mostly) everything gets wrapped up in ten chapters from now on.

Lack of possible long flashbacks and few antagonists (the weird slime, Smoker and, possibly, the Harpy) don't help me believe otherwise.

I agree, I think it'll probably be a short arc, though many people are saying it is going to be like the Baroque arc where right when they enter the Grand Line and a big arc starts right there.

Exactly. It's probably a setup arc for Wano Country or Big Mom's Arc (mostly the former).

If Akainu going all out in a battle does this ​to an island.Luffy vs Akainu is gonna be insane

It could be possible that the sickness they are trying to cure is the same one that got to Rogers and to the Captain of Brook's crew. The mysterious disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    It could be possible that the sickness they are trying to cure is the same one that got to Rogers and to the Captain of Brook's crew. The mysterious disease.

That's good thinking, but it might be something else(like said earlier in the thread) that they had given to the children to do testing. But you never know.~

No way, because the Roger Pirate crew never decimated by a mysterious illness.

The Rumbar Pirates did have a contagious disease. Captian Yorki and about half the crew caught this plauge. Considering how contagious it was to take out nearly half of the Rumbar Pirates, it is not the same as the Roger Pirates, the crew did not get sick, only Gol D Roger contracted any illness, so what ever Roger got, it was not contagious.
    It was not the same illness that caused hardship for the two crews.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    No way, because the Roger Pirate crew never decimated by a mysterious illness.

The Rumbar Pirates did have a contagious disease. Captian Yorki and about half the crew caught this plauge. Considering how contagious it was to take out nearly half of the Rumbar Pirates, it is not the same as the Roger Pirates, the crew did not get sick, only Gol D Roger contracted any illness, so what ever Roger got, it was not contagious.
    It was not the same illness that caused hardship for the two crews.
    I know roger crew didn't got it. I was referring to Roger only and to the Rumba pirates(which forgot their names at that moment). Roger's disease was never explained. I am pretty sure that this sickness they kept referring to will be somehow related to the same one that Roger had or the Rumba Pirates. It probably started because of the Rumba Pirates. When the Captain reached some island, it infected other people and through the pass 50 years it has "evolve".

Don't Dream It, Be It.

I know roger crew didn't got it. I was referring to Roger only and to the Rumba pirates(which forgot their names at that moment). Roger's disease was never explained. I am pretty sure that this sickness they kept referring to will be somehow related to the same one that Roger had or the Rumba Pirates. It probably started because of the Rumba Pirates. When the Captain reached some island, it infected other people and through the pass 50 years it has "evolve".
    than you have to explain why the Roger was the only one to have it and not his crew. also WB had some illness to, and Luffy's bound to end up dead using Gear Second and the Hormones. you can't connect all these sickness and claim they are the same.... that's what your doing with Roger and Rumble pirates. Could they be the same, Maybe but the chances are extremely low.
    From what we can guess so far, Roger and Rumble pirates had different problems.

I thought it'd be weird if the WG was setting up a new experimental prison(one like Impel Down/Enies Lobby) on Punk Hazard. What I don't quite understand is if "Leggy" is the lower half of the Samurai head...How is it talking?
    Last edited by Densuke; March 4th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.

After reading a couple of posts, I realized that the straw hats taking unknown "kids" with them might not be the wisest idea underseveral circumstances; Ill try to expand on those a little.

1. It could well be that the "kids" are "ill" but not from a terminal disease or a flue, but a "need to control disease". What would happen if the kids are in "quarantine" (As someone said before) because they're actually dangerous to leave outside unnattended? Don't get me wrong, the feeling and vibe that the kids gave is one of, "we're innocents and healthy" but that doesn't have to mean that they're always like that. I admit this is an unlikely posibility from all viewpoints but it will certainly be a twist if it is true.

2. Different sizes; not different species. I'm also getting the feeling that those giant kids may be humans "under treatment" instead of giants. IF they are kept in "quarantine" because the drug is on the development phase then if it's not treated it might make them huge or tiny .Ok I get an Alice in wonderland mushroom feeling there but seeing where this is going and what we've seen why not have a gigantic kid destroy an island that doesn't have a magnetic pull and which is half frozen half molten?
    "In fantasy writting Logic is more of a guideline then a set in stone rule. Use it when you need it - ignore it when you don't.

Although odly enough FOX News also follows this ideal too O.o." (Thanks to Cymeleon)

For now I take 'illness' as the official reason given to make the children comply with being examined. I would rather have these kids truly be of various races including giants they are of all shapes & sizes(hey the kiddies left that giant baby behind in the confusion),some tanner than others some with slanted eyes and you can even spot what looks like a fishman on p7 panel 1 and some really weird little faces on the 5th panel which I'm wondering whether they are even human(seriously what is the thing next to the blond giant. Seeing there is Master and all the freak show walking around wouldn't be surprised if it's not human,or not anymore) or if it's just lazy art.What interests me more is the frozen people.
    Last edited by dasia; March 4th, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baou Zakurga View Post
    If Akainu going all out in a battle does this ​to an island.Luffy vs Akainu is gonna be insane
    Was thinking the same. It seems that we witnessed only a fraction of an Admirals power during Marine Ford, with them trying to not kill their own subordinates (same goes for Whitebeard).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information