+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 538: ''The Crew's Defeat?! Hody Controls Ryuuguu Palace''

Default Re: 538: ''The Crew's Defeat?! Hody Controls Ryuuguu Palace''

Anyone who thinks toei will end with the 1 chapter=1 episode adaptation is just being delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Jinbei looks like a damn muppet anyways even in the manga.
    Yeah, but at least Oda kept his looks consistent.
    In this episode, I saw at least five scenes where his facial features were completely off.
    It was either his nose was too big, his eyes were too small, his mouth was too wide, etc., etc.

Aside from derpy Jinbe it was a fairly enjoyable episode. It's kind of funny how much effort they put in to draw Shirahoshi. Not that it surprises me; it just made me smile.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

If there's going to be continuous filler (as in completely filler episodes and stories rather than just extra scenes in the main story), I'd bet on something between when they surface and when they go to . . . the next island so far in the manga. That transition was nice and clear cut, and they could easily fit something in between surfacing and what kicks it off (trying to avoid spoilers here). They could buy themselves 8-ish episodes with that easy, which can help Oda get further ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    If there's going to be continuous filler (as in completely filler episodes and stories rather than just extra scenes in the main story), I'd bet on something between when they surface and when they go to . . . the next island so far in the manga. That transition was nice and clear cut, and they could easily fit something in between surfacing and what kicks it off (trying to avoid spoilers here). They could buy themselves 8-ish episodes with that easy, which can help Oda get further ahead.
    I'd think they'd put post-Enies Lobby filler-ish episodes after all the fighting ends in FI. It'd be easy to try and shoehorn in some random adventures for them to go on in FI. Plus, a lot of people felt that the ending/departure from FI was too rushed anyway. So this can be a good middle ground for the anime team to make the departure a little less rushed as well as give manga readers/anime watchers a little more to look at in FI.
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

If there will be filler, I think it would be best they don't put it IN the storyline.
    Why not more completely alternate reality fillers, like the whole Japanese era one (can't recall what it is called)?

Those were bearable and it didn't screw with the original story.

I kinda wish they'd bring filler arcs back, like Ice Hunter and G8 sized, or like Post-Enies Lobby style, as mentioned a few posts above. I rather like having original story arcs in the anime. They're usually charming and/or really bad, but thinking about it, it's kinda nice to reminisce about those horrible episodes that took place right after Alabasta, like that goddamn episode where Sanji taught the red-headed marine kid how to cook. Some of that stuff falls into so-bad-it's-good territory, lol. None of that alternate reality stuff, I hated those.

As for this episode, I thought it was aight. Nothing I'd go to the effort of watching again. I'm getting pretty stoked for the Fishman Island flashback.

What a twist!

Also, art was really, really, really good.
    ★ Better signature TBA: Never ★

I laughed really, really hard at the title screen ("The Crew's Defeat?!") during the episode. Remind anyone of 405 on Sabaody? It had a black screen, ominous music, similar title and everything, except this time there was no way the same situation was going to happen after 2 years.

It's nice to see Jinbe again, even if he was awkwardly drawn in certain scenes...
    3DS FC: 3282-3147-1316
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

I was hoping for a nicely animated facefault... but alas it wasn't what I expected. they just borked jimbei so bad this episode.=/

ultra marine scene was also awkward and i didnt like it that much compared to the manga
    IGN:TheBro 2191-7733-9582. Normal (Dunsparce, Teddiursa, Eevee)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D. Manuel View Post
    ultra marine scene was also awkward and i didnt like it that much compared to the manga
    Yeah it looked so much cooler in the manga then in the anime.

Spoiler:
    Lets hope future underwater attacks from all sides are equal to the manga, well in total lets hope Toei makes all attacks as good as the manga, underwater or not
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

The episode was okay, One thing that was itching me was Zoro saying his moves underwater.. lol

god;;; did anyone think about the filler, "Yabusame in the WATER"?
    It doesn't make any sense.....;;
    Hody HAS to be on land to use Yabusame, because he's just flicking water droplets. []
    under water however... he's just waving currents around.
    There are no water droplets dripping from his hands because he is already inside of a giant water droplet, aka the ocean.
    It's completely different from Ultra Marine which is an official underwater move;;;;
    (by the way, I also hated the support Neptune from Gigant battle2 for using Ultra Marine on LAND!!!!!!! -_-)

GOD;;; I hope they DO NOT make Hody use Yabusame underwater ever again!

That's just misleading;;;;;; grr

Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    The episode was okay, One thing that was itching me was Zoro saying his moves underwater.. lol
    I think Zoro just 'thought' aloud inside his head... lolz

That Luffy x Franky awkward silence was hilarious. I wouldn't have even minded them stretching that pause twice as long if it saved them from the pacing issue even a little bit. Completely agree with the Arlong flashbacks being a good watch just to see the reanimation, but with the animation quality as of late, the anticipation kind of dies. Thought the Nami reaction to Jinbe was somewhat melodramatic. The fast motion focuses on his tattoo and stuff made it seem like Nami is completely traumatized from it, but I would figure she has come to terms with it, especially after acknowledging Hatchi on Sabaody.

Quote Originally Posted by l3reezer View Post
    That Luffy x Franky awkward silence was hilarious. I wouldn't have even minded them stretching that pause twice as long if it saved them from the pacing issue even a little bit. Completely agree with the Arlong flashbacks being a good watch just to see the reanimation, but with the animation quality as of late, the anticipation kind of dies. Thought the Nami reaction to Jinbe was somewhat melodramatic. The fast motion focuses on his tattoo and stuff made it seem like Nami is completely traumatized from it, but I would figure she has come to terms with it, especially after acknowledging Hatchi on Sabaody.
    She recognised Hachi because he was smashing his head against the cage to try and escape to help out Camie. But she does not fully know Jinbei's involvement yet seeing as he did say he let Arlong run loose through the east blue. So at the current position I think it is traumatising her until she hears the reasons which I assume are in the next episode
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

Is there an episode this week?

Signature made by my best friend for her Ask Corazon blog (click picture)

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

No, there isn't.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Though I read the manga, this flashback is something i've been looking forward to see in the anime. Because simply this whole discrimination between humans and fishmen & Mermen dives into the pride that drove Arlong and Hody to become what they are. Moreover, discrimination is a lasting human trait that we've had through history, and one of our most interesting flaws according to my point of view.

The way this episode ended was a great way to start it. Arlong looks driven by it judging the way his eyes look.
    I hope this flashback continues like it started, and I will impatiently wait for the next episode. =)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information