+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Chapter 660: Royal Shichibukai Trafalgar Law

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 660: Royal Shichibukai Trafalgar Law

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    From Alvida to Krieg they beat everyone pretty easily, and I bet you loved every moment of it. Even Arlong's guys weren't that big a deal, at least for Sanji and Zoro after dealing with their handicaps.

From Whiskey Peak until Wapol where was the real danger aside from Luffy getting tricked by Ms Goldenweek? I don't think people realize they love One Piece so much because the Straw Hat's tend to mow through everyone. Who doesn't love when back ground characters go "amazing!!! Who is the guy/girl?!"

Epic struggles for the majority of battles are for lesser comics. Oda is good at keeping things in perspective, so when a big shot does come around who is of equal or greater power, when the Straw Hat's win it means so much more.

Besides that Dragon actually but up a decent one chapter fight against Zoro and Luffy with an assist from Usopp. Better than the NFP did anyway. So I think you can expect more battles like that until major players come around.
    It doesn't hurt to have a couple "Kuma" (Kuma defeating (kinda-sorta) the entire crew 2 times) or "Crocodile" (Crocodile almost killing Luffy during the Alabasta story arc) moments thrown in though, breaks up the victories. Also, I'm fine with the Strawhats mowing down mere peons, but, big shots like Big Mam (and crew) I'm not. (Though...the "big" enemies since the timeskip have been pretty suckish).

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    From Alvida to Krieg they beat everyone pretty easily, and I bet you loved every moment of it. Even Arlong's guys weren't that big a deal, at least for Sanji and Zoro after dealing with their handicaps.

From Whiskey Peak until Wapol where was the real danger aside from Luffy getting tricked by Ms Goldenweek? I don't think people realize they love One Piece so much because the Straw Hat's tend to mow through everyone. Who doesn't love when back ground characters go "amazing!!! Who is the guy/girl?!"

Epic struggles for the majority of battles are for lesser comics. Oda is good at keeping things in perspective, so when a big shot does come around who is of equal or greater power, when the Straw Hat's win it means so much more.

Besides that Dragon actually but up a decent one chapter fight against Zoro and Luffy with an assist from Usopp. Better than the NFP did anyway. So I think you can expect more battles like that until major players come around.
    To be fair, Kreig was actually a really tough battle, that some even debate he lost

arlong was the toughest fights they had ever had at that point

then they showed they were grand line capable, until they came up on a huge grandline threat which was at alabsta, those were though fights, zoro was slashed to pieces, sanji fought a close to equal rival with blood all over him, nami got more mangled in that battle then any since, usopp had one of the most brutal scenes in the series yet, and luffy came with in an inch of dying three times

the problem is once they defeat there enemy there usually instantly healed making people forget how tough the fight was

Then CP9 required them to make new transformations or be destroyed, luffy, zoro, sanji, chopper all pulled transformations out of their asses to win, and luffy and chopper were crippled for a while after, usopp wasn't even capable of fighting at that level, and nami had to get a huge 100% upgrade, basically her whole fighting style was diffrent

and finally we have prime examples, aokiji destroying them, kuma destroying them at thriller bark, there utter defeat at sabody, and luffy being worthless against magellan or anyone in the war

it's fair to say he'll buff them up and then big Mom will be there awakening/need help from other rivals

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    To be fair, Kreig was actually a really tough battle, that some even debate he lost

arlong was the toughest fights they had ever had at that point

then they showed they were grand line capable, until they came up on a huge grandline threat which was at alabsta, those were though fights, zoro was slashed to pieces, sanji fought a close to equal rival with blood all over him, nami got more mangled in that battle then any since, usopp had one of the most brutal scenes in the series yet, and luffy came with in an inch of dying three times

the problem is once they defeat there enemy there usually instantly healed making people forget how tough the fight was

Then CP9 required them to make new transformations or be destroyed, luffy, zoro, sanji, chopper all pulled transformations out of their asses to win, and luffy and chopper were crippled for a while after, usopp wasn't even capable of fighting at that level, and nami had to get a huge 100% upgrade, basically her whole fighting style was diffrent

and finally we have prime examples, aokiji destroying them, kuma destroying them at thriller bark, there utter defeat at sabody, and luffy being worthless against magellan or anyone in the war

it's fair to say he'll buff them up and then big Mom will be there awakening/need help from other rivals
    Jinbe (and maybe Kid and crew, since he's attacking her already) will more than likely help them fight Big Mam, which should give the Strawhat's a nice little boost. (If Jinbe's to actually join the crew it will be during the story arc they fight her and her crew in OR after her defeat).
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; March 20th, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Jinbe (and maybe Kid and crew, since he's attacking her already) will more than likely help them fight Big Mam, which should give the Strawhat's a nice little boost. (If Jinbe's to actually join the crew it will be during the story arc they fight her and her crew in OR after her defeat).
    I'm still banking on a couple more allies we haven't heard about from him

I was hoping for them to reestablish the sabody rivalry between all three luffy, kid, and law there, but who knows now, unless that crazy prediction about this being some trick of the gas/liquid guy and that it's not really law, but that would be very un-oda like I feel

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Pertaining to all of the commotion about how easily the SH's win fights, I don't think Oda will have mow down their enemies. They did have quite an easy time at the the Shabondy again, and Fishman Island also seemed like a breeze, but I still don't think that Oda will make it like,"Hey look, it's a shichibukai..... (5 minutes later) ......We win!" I feel he'll give them a bigger challenge. After all, they are now in the New World so it won't be too easy for them.~

A memorable Flashback!

Hope to see GIN soon @ the new world! and excepting him to join the crew or just be an ally

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    A memorable Flashback!

http://gamerslover.com/images/OP_episode_27.jpg

Hope to see GIN soon @ the new world! and excepting him to join the crew or just be an ally

Would be awesome to see him again, but I doubt it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sag d seb View Post
    I just hope you're wrong. Though sadly I have a feeling you might be right. Anyway, I would prefer to see at least smoker being able to hit law or making something about the ship...(which I pressume will fall this chapter). I see no reason to Law keeping the ship suspended in mid air unless he plans to use it as a weapon... I still dont think a massive ship can do a lot against smoke but still Tashigi might find it a bit more sweating.... or she could just pull a Mihawk/Zoro and split it in 2
    Maybe Law uses the Ship as leverage? Don't come any closer or I'll smash your ship and you'll be stuck on this island, that sorta thing. Especially since they're on an island that is off limits to everyone including Shichibukai & Vice Admirals.

But yeah I prefer some smashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Except for Zoro, he was always injured going back to when Luffy first met him. I think Fishman island is the first time he's left an island pretty much completely healthy lol.

Rosy Life Rider Miadestroystokyo's Avatar

I haven't read the thread yet but- my god, that was gangsta'.

Discovered Stowaway Doke no Buggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    A memorable Flashback!

http://gamerslover.com/images/OP_episode_27.jpg

I'm pretty sure Gin is dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Doke no Buggy View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gin is dead...
    Yeah, like Pell and Sabo.

Discovered Stowaway Doke no Buggy's Avatar

yeah, like pell and sa- well just pell.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Yeah, like Pell and Sabo.
    I heard that in one of the databooks that Oda did say Sabo is dead. But since I can't read Japanese, I don't know for sure on what teh databooks really said
    Rules of AP Forum=
    1. Doflamingo is behind everything.
    2. Because Haki is everything and anything. (credits to Shadowgreed)
    3. Everyone is a D.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I heard that in one of the databooks that Oda did say Sabo is dead. But since I can't read Japanese, I don't know for sure on what teh databooks really said
    If that was true, it would have become common knowledge by now.

Plus, Oda is totally going to spoil about a character's status through a databook. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazgoon View Post
    yeah, like pell and sa- well just pell.
    Only wimps die in explosions.

Sorry to ask but does anyone know if One Piece is on a break this week?

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Neilus300 View Post
    Sorry to ask but does anyone know if One Piece is on a break this week?
    No it definitely isn't the chapter should be up in the next 10 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomkey View Post
    No it definitely isn't the chapter should be up in the next 10 mins...
    Much appreciated :)

holy shit its brownbeard!

Law is on a whole new level of awesome!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information