+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 336 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: General Fire Emblem Thread - Lyndis is in dis

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    there not gonna be the only batch of past characters. Personally i want to see Lyn instead of joshua although both would be good (as they are both awesome)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

i imagine marth is a definite and so is radiant dawn ike. If they have another it'll either be this new character or i'd rather have Micaiah seeing as she's the main and a mage so it's different. Also is there any conformation on masked boy being ike or is that all fan spectulation
    Hidden:

It's been confirmed to be Marth. http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173629

I'm sorry, but I hate Micaiah. I'm not the biggest fan of Ike, but at least he was likable and made a huge movement against the racism on Laguz, among other awesome things.

Either way:
    -Micaiah (ugh...)
    -Sigrun (People have been asking for him like crazy).
    -Lyn (Yeah...but I'd rather have a Fire Emblem character who doesn't use swords).
    -Soren (Maybe...Fire, Wind, Lighting, Warp Staff)
    -Merric (Good friend of Marth. Work a lot like Soren.)
    -Shiida (I have no idea how she'd work)
    -Laguz Trio (Work like Pokemon Trainer, but with cat, hawk, and dragon. Ranulf, Janaff, and Ena please.)
    -A Manakete (Either Tiki or Myrrha).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I want another Tellius game because Ike's epilogue pisses me off for some reason.
    Pissed me off too.

OH! Maybe Innes IS playable. .....Maybe....

If he is, I'd be cool with that, but I would have never expected him.

ahahahahahaha ena was so fucking useless in my game

I like Ike because he didn't take Sanaki's bullshit.

Also he sorta kinda reminds me of Guts.

ahahahahahaha ena was so fucking useless in my game

I like Ike because he didn't take Sanaki's bullshit.

Ena was useless in mine too, but dragon type is more popular. ....We could always put a Manakete in that place. Ranulf, Janaff, and Tiki would be awesome actually. ^_^

Ike really is pretty kick ass, but after beating Radiant Dawn, he kind of pissed me off, completely ruining my opinion of him. Because aside from that ending, he's a really cool guy.

"Okay I'm the only person everyone respects on the damn continent, I started the chain of events leading to the laguz and beorc having better relations, I killed our lunatic of a god, and if I wanted I could totally unite the whole continent in brotherhood.

NOPE IMMA GO DISAPPEAR SOMEWHERE WITH MAH BOYTOYS"

You could tell that Nasir surviving was the canon route in PoR just by how shitty of a character Ena was.

"Okay I'm the only person everyone respects on the damn continent, I started the chain of events leading to the laguz and beorc having better relations, I killed our lunatic of a god, and if I wanted I could totally unite the whole continent in brotherhood.

NOPE IMMA GO DISAPPEAR SOMEWHERE WITH MAH BOYTOYS"

You could tell that Nasir surviving was the canon route in PoR just by how shitty of a character Ena was.
    I agreed with everything. Especially the boytoy part. I always found it curious how he turned down the chance to be with Elincia or Mia, but decided to run off with Soren without question. And Ranulf basically ran after Ike.

Also, I felt awful for Rolf.

Rolf: I've turned from one of the most useless people ever into a self-fending archer. I spent every day training and basically tried to keep up with Shinon as best as I could.
    Boyd: I'm basically the same idiot since day 1 of Path of Radiance.
    Mist: OH MY GOD, BOYD! MARRY ME!
    Rolf: .....WHAT!

Ike was good in PoR but his, and really almost everyones, personality was sucked out in Radiant Dawn. I'm still fond of him, but that's probably because he was always so ridiculously overpowered. I mean he realistically could beat both final chapter from Por and RD by himself...
    Last edited by 1000sunny; March 16th, 2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I agreed with everything. Especially the boytoy part. I always found it curious how he turned down the chance to be with Elincia or Mia, but decided to run off with Soren without question. And Ranulf basically ran after Ike.
    Canonically both of them run off with Ike lol

So the only person who can keep the new king of Gaul Gallia's temper in check and the heir apparent to Daein both up and vanished. Great going mr. i fight for my friends

If Guts had a not-too-subtle metrosexual streak.

Oh yeah, and most of the pairings in PoR/RD fucking sucked. One of the worst being Makalov/Astrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    If Guts had a not-too-subtle metrosexual streak.

Oh yeah, and most of the pairings in PoR/RD fucking sucked. One of the worst being Makalov/Astrid.
    Seriously. I just had to assume that Astrid was an idiot and just went for the wrong man no matter what.

Meh. Gatrie/Ilyana forever!

I wanted to force Aran and nephenee to be together

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Also, Fiona is the worst character ever.

I'm not sure what you all are talking about. Frankly all I remember from those two games is Nephenee pwning everyone. I guess there must have been other characters now I think about it ...

As for the SSB4 thing, for Brawl I kept hoping for Lyn or Hector or Ephraim, simply because to me they were the most interesting lords to have playable (Lyn would have been sooo amazing, pretty much the closest we'd get to a swordmaster in Brawl). At this point I find them extremely unlikely though, since they're likely to go for lords from the more recent games, which in this case will be Awakening.

Marcus says hi.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Marcus says hi.
    No, Marcus I can at least use. Fiona is completely unplayable as a character.

No, Marcus I can at least use. Fiona is completely unplayable as a character.
    Fiona took a while to level up, that's for sure. On my first playthrough, she died and I didn't bother restarting the chapter...

Seth was quite a powerhouse, too.

Took me two years to figure out that you were supposed to use Pegasus units against mages.
    Untill then I thought Fiona was useless too.

I literally almost let her die on my second playthrough.

She serves no practical purpose what so ever.

I guess I played with her once for messing around with supports, but for the rest of the time I didn't care about her because florina and farina were just superior in every way.

Marcus, however, you're actually forced to carry around for more than one chapter, which is probably why I hated him much more.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Wait- people hated Ike because of his ending? I blame the writers for that. I hope there will be a sequel for Tellius series, just so we could see him actually find a new continent that was supposed to be flooded and I actually am more hopeful after seeing Marth in the game...
    Personally Ike is my favourite hero/lord of the whole series, and I actually liked him more in RD, believe it or not, I guess cause he contrasted Micaiah and Geffory in a good way (I especially couldn't stand the former, if it wasn't for Sothe and the BK I would have rage quitted long ago lol).
    But Ike, Nephanee, Zihark and Haar were always competing for MVP for my endgame. They're just too epic! Oh and Rolf and Soren would come close too.

I also really like Innes, he was the only usable archer in that game and I really liked the pairing of him and Erika. (screw you Seth, you experience hog) Its always been Ephraim-L'Archal and Innes-Erika and Joshua-Natasha for me.
    Oh and Lute was a monster in ALL of my playthroughs.

Oh I really really hope they keep Ike in the next Smash Bros, and please not ruin him by making him slower. But I agree that Ephraim will be very interesting to use in the next game cuase of his lance.

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

Fiona? Is she the Pegasus one? She was fine I found. Most of the Pegasus users were. Farina especially was good. Especially if you maxed out her Support with Dart. Those two just clear out entire maps.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    Took me two years to figure out that you were supposed to use Pegasus units against mages.
    Untill then I thought Fiona was useless too.
    If you're saying that Fiona is a pegasus knight, I think you're confusing her with Fiora.

This is Fiora:

She was a Pegasus Knight in Fire Emblem: Sealing Swords (US's first Fire Emblem game, on the GBA. The one with Eliwood, of course). Even against normal enemies, she was actually pretty kick ass. Could easily be my favorite Pegasus Knight, if not for Marcia and Shiida.

Fiona, on the other hand:

She was deemed a completely useless unit by most players, with good reason. She was in Radiant Dawn, and she joins your party as a level 8 cavalier while your taking care of Micaiah's team (at team that, when she joins, is already nearly ready for promotion but are majorly crappy, save for Jill, Ilyana, and Zihark). For a cavalier, she couldn't take a hit, let alone deliver a punch, which is horrible for a cavalier (who is meant to do both).

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I guess I played with her once for messing around with supports, but for the rest of the time I didn't care about her because florina and farina were just superior in every way.

Marcus, however, you're actually forced to carry around for more than one chapter, which is probably why I hated him much more.
    Yeah, like above, Fiora vs Fiona. Really confusing, I'm sorry. The pegasus knights of Fire Emblem 7 were all pretty kick ass, actually.

Marcus, while seemingly useless, can actually serve has a great wall or shield during Eliwood's first chapters.

I literally almost let her die on my second playthrough.

She serves no practical purpose what so ever.
    A lot of people say Meg is worse...

But I know far more people who've managed to do good with her than Fiona. Meanwhile, Meg is actually a funny and interesting character, while Fiona is just.....a random lady fighting for her country.

Quote Originally Posted by SonPan View Post
    Wait- people hated Ike because of his ending? I blame the writers for that. I hope there will be a sequel for Tellius series, just so we could see him actually find a new continent that was supposed to be flooded and I actually am more hopeful after seeing Marth in the game...
    Personally Ike is my favourite hero/lord of the whole series, and I actually liked him more in RD, believe it or not, I guess cause he contrasted Micaiah and Geffory in a good way (I especially couldn't stand the former, if it wasn't for Sothe and the BK I would have rage quitted long ago lol).
    But Ike, Nephanee, Zihark and Haar were always competing for MVP for my endgame. They're just too epic! Oh and Rolf and Soren would come close too.

I also really like Innes, he was the only usable archer in that game and I really liked the pairing of him and Erika. (screw you Seth, you experience hog) Its always been Ephraim-L'Archal and Innes-Erika and Joshua-Natasha for me.
    Oh and Lute was a monster in ALL of my playthroughs.

Oh I really really hope they keep Ike in the next Smash Bros, and please not ruin him by making him slower. But I agree that Ephraim will be very interesting to use in the next game cuase of his lance.
    Some people (myself included to some extent) hated Ike for his actions in the ending. I don't hate him now, because....really, I had to remember and realize that Ike was awesome save for that moment. It was really crude for Ike to do, and yeah, the writers are to blame, but still...

I actually managed to get a Top 5 in Radiant Dawn that didn't include Ike.
    5. Rolf (love him)
    4. Ilyana (love her)
    3. Mia (love her in RD, meh in PoR)
    2. Kieran (adore him)
    1. Nephenee (.....come on....)

And Lute was the best mage of FE8, save for arguably Ewan (Mr. Even Though I'm A Shaman/Druid, I Can Fucking Outspeed And Outskill Even The Fastest Of Enemies).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information