+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 295 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5886

Thread: General Fire Emblem Thread: Fuck, Roy's still in this

Default Re: General Fire Emblem Thread: Fuck, Roy's still in this

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Is it me or Alm is a Mini Ephraim?
    Does he not pick fights he can't win?

joking aside, Alm is cool and I think his friendship/romance with Celica is so cute. It's like they were made for each other <3
    (i am a total sap)

Adoring this game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Spoiler:
    I went with the cannon classes with the exception of Faye because having only Silque as a healer until your mages promote or until I get Tatiana is a no fun experience.
    Gray- mercenary
    Tobin- archer
    Kliff- mage
    Faye- priest
    Hidden:
    From what I've read, those are the optimal class choices to begin with. Namely Faye, as she basically obtains a 'dance' skill to let players move again.

Also, having more than one cleric is an extremely good idea, as they can heal each other for eternity to raise EXP between turns.

Welp, looks reading this thread it looks like I messed up the reclassing with the villagers. Hopefully I won't be screwed later on because of that (playing hard classic)

Up to Celica's first part, the boat adventure.
    Spoiler:
    Mae is cute and Genny is cuter, 10/10 characters

Plus Saber is freaking awesome. Kamui suicided on the pirate boss but I didn't feel like restarting for him, lol. Valibar and Leon are good enough. The summoner map was rogue with really, really shitty hit rates, but Mae/Boey's 3 range was so useful.

The whole "using HP for magic" thing still has me iffy. How is that working?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The whole "using HP for magic" thing still has me iffy. How is that working?
    Not bad at all. Depending on the spell, it always costs a certain amount of HP. For now, my current mage uses Fire, which costs 1 HP. I keep him in the back lines behind all my physical units. Despite other FE games, mages come with a decent amount of health for spell casting, but low defense. Magic usage is infinite. I haven't gotten better magic, but I'm sure those cost more HP while having bigger benefits.

At the same time, clerics come with infinite healing that costs HP as well. So if my mage's HP starts running low, heals are instant and not a problem. Healing cost HP as well from the cleric, and clerics are far more fragile. However...
    1. Having two clerics on the field allow for healing for both clerics.
    2. Clerics come with the spell 'Nosferatu', which does decent damage and steals HP from the enemy.

Overall, it's almost an afterthought. So far.

Up to the first half of Act 3.
    Spoiler:

On Alm's side of things, he and Tobin seem to be the best members on my team, although Clive, Gray, and Clair are pulling their weight. I am worried I promoted Gray too early, but we'll see. Pytheon and his friend kinda seem like filler units to me, dunno if i want to bother training them.

On Celica's route, Saber, Leon, and Mae are gods. Boey is lacking in speed, Genny is a little fragile, and Celica is...doing ok. Poor Catria died though.

Magic is stupidly op in this game, because it ignores terrain. It's why Celica's party can steamroll goons while Alm' party has to play very carefully to beat arcanists. Seriously, arcanists healing each other is dangerous, ESPECIALLY if they have 3 range Mire.

Fernand and Berkut offered a real challenging map - three sets of your guys surrounding three beefy paladins. Best option I had was to use Slique to warp Lukas in with the Ridersbane to tank.

Also got Atlas.

From what I've read, you don't have to worry too much about promotion in Normal mode. In any mode, leveling Villager to 20 is a waste of time. Leveling Villager to 10 can be a good idea, but honestly, leveling them at three can work fine as well.

Definitely in Hard Mode and up, you should level post-Villager characters to 20 or so before promotion.

^ not true in Gaiden the way promotions work you better off promote the units immediately, you must be confusing with the future dlc classes that you can only promote to then at level 20.
    Also at Act 4 in Celica and oh my god, three cantors in the same map that is a swamp map. -_-

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Ah, Valencia. Pearl of the Orient.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I've played maybe about an hour and a half of the game so far. Even in its infancy the plot feels a lot more well put together than both Awakening's and Fates'. In fact, the dual kingdoms aspect and their motives for fighting already reminds me of a better executed version of Hoshido and Nohr. All the dialogue being voiced, even the incidental battle messages, is quite nice as is the fact that a number of the voice actors are ones that I don't recognize right away. My only serious complaint so far is that the battle UI isn't quite as intuitive as the one in the previous two games, but maybe that'll change once I play the game at a time other than late at night.

Also, bad level ups, bad level ups everywhere. I take it from some of the talk on this page that there's not much of a point in holding off on promoting the Villagers this time around?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I've played maybe about an hour and a half of the game so far. Even in its infancy the plot feels a lot more well put together than both Awakening's and Fates'. In fact, the dual kingdoms aspect and their motives for fighting already reminds me of a better executed version of Hoshido and Nohr. All the dialogue being voiced, even the incidental battle messages, is quite nice as is the fact that a number of the voice actors are ones that I don't recognize right away. My only serious complaint so far is that the battle UI isn't quite as intuitive as the one in the previous two games, but maybe that'll change once I play the game at a time other than late at night.

Also, bad level ups, bad level ups everywhere. I take it from some of the talk on this page that there's not much of a point in holding off on promoting the Villagers this time around?
    I was thinking that as well. It's nice they point out Zofia is full of a lot of lazy people and it's nobles are corrupt instead of the Totally Not Racially Biased Mary Sue-Topia that was Hoshido.

The release of Echoes has prompted me to finally work my way through Awakening. I'm on chapter 9 or 10, where
    Spoiler:
    a certain Exalt willing fell to her death.

Looking back on the series, I think I sorta had an anxiety issue when it came to Fire Emblem. When FE7 came to the states, I got the game guide as well, and reading the guide showed me all the possible characters you could recruit, or rather, all the characters I would've missed, had I not had the guide with me (I was 12-13, so not the brightest kid anyway). Still, I wanted to recruit 'em all, and it bothered me that you can't possibly recruit everybody (since there's a few unique scenarios, like one chapter changes depending on your lords' levels, and I think each map had a different character you could recruit). So growing up, I had a hard time going through a Fire Emblem game stress-free unless I had a guide (lasted until Path of Radiance).

Also kinda hilarious as at the time, I had no idea that FE7 was a prequel. So when I saw that ominous epilogue with King Zephiel, I was hyped for the "next game". Then Sacred Stones came out, and I was confused why Zephiel was never even mentioned.

Anyway, I've dropped the whole guide dependency, but do you guys think there's any general advice I should be aware of, going forward? (I'm gonna be playing it in the meantime, not waiting on your word or anything).

I still have my copy of Radiant Dawn in its shrink wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    The release of Echoes has prompted me to finally work my way through Awakening. I'm on chapter 9 or 10, where
    Spoiler:
    a certain Exalt willing fell to her death.

Looking back on the series, I think I sorta had an anxiety issue when it came to Fire Emblem. When FE7 came to the states, I got the game guide as well, and reading the guide showed me all the possible characters you could recruit, or rather, all the characters I would've missed, had I not had the guide with me (I was 12-13, so not the brightest kid anyway). Still, I wanted to recruit 'em all, and it bothered me that you can't possibly recruit everybody (since there's a few unique scenarios, like one chapter changes depending on your lords' levels, and I think each map had a different character you could recruit). So growing up, I had a hard time going through a Fire Emblem game stress-free unless I had a guide (lasted until Path of Radiance).

Also kinda hilarious as at the time, I had no idea that FE7 was a prequel. So when I saw that ominous epilogue with King Zephiel, I was hyped for the "next game". Then Sacred Stones came out, and I was confused why Zephiel was never even mentioned.

Anyway, I've dropped the whole guide dependency, but do you guys think there's any general advice I should be aware of, going forward? (I'm gonna be playing it in the meantime, not waiting on your word or anything).

…I still have my copy of Radiant Dawn in its shrink wrap.
    There's nothing you can really miss per se, outside of non-essential items here and there. All the recruits should be pretty obvious.

The one thing that I would give you a heads-up for is Chrom's shotgun marriage at the end of Chapter 11. He'll usually just pair up with whoever he's got the highest support with, so keep that in mind.

This game will make you fell like an asshole if you do an iron man run.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    The one thing that I would give you a heads-up for is Chrom's shotgun marriage at the end of Chapter 11. He'll usually just pair up with whoever he's got the highest support with, so keep that in mind.
    Ah darn, read up a bit and it sounds like pairing Chrom with Olivia would be nice, however she's introduced in that chapter… Chrom's highest support so far is a C with another lady, is it even possible to raise the support between Chrom and Olivia high enough in a single chapter?

FEHeroes: was bummed because they did the ninian and then the azura banners and I still don't have my blue dancer and I expended all orbs on the former, buuut I forgot I have the shadow of valentia maps still undone.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

I'm a few hours into the game and am impressed that the voice acting hasn't disappeared yet. It's been really consistent so far. Only a dozen or so sentences haven't been voiced so far.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I was thinking that as well. It's nice they point out Zofia is full of a lot of lazy people and it's nobles are corrupt instead of the Totally Not Racially Biased Mary Sue-Topia that was Hoshido.
    Agreed. Even a small flaw is still a flaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Ah darn, read up a bit and it sounds like pairing Chrom with Olivia would be nice, however she's introduced in that chapter… Chrom's highest support so far is a C with another lady, is it even possible to raise the support between Chrom and Olivia high enough in a single chapter?
    You can't get a C support within the chapter itself, so that lady will win the Chrombowl. It IS possible to have Olivia pair up with Chrom because dancing repeatedly gives plenty of heart points, but to make it happen you'll need to keep every other female away (except Lissa) before then.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I wrapped up Act 1 earlier today. The final map outside the castle got a little hairy because I was a genius tactician and sent everyone up the middle turning things into Bottleneck City and it didn't help that aside from those who had vegetables to eat Silque was my only healer since I had made Faye a Mage rather than a Cleric. She and Kliff have been the stand-out units so far as a Mage and an Archer respectively, and Gray has been pretty solid so far as a Mercenary. Tobin's one too, but I probably goofed on that one since he's been pretty garbo in that role.

I'm still getting used to the idiosyncracies of this game, like skills being tied to weapons. In the Zofia Castle map I kept making sure that Clair gave the archers a wide berth as usual, only to realize towards the end that they actually don't murder fliers by default in this game. Magic costing HP hasn't been much of an issue so far since Clerics come with Nosferatu built-in, which really helps give them longevity.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information