+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General Fire Emblem Thread: Fuck, Roy's still in this

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    If you're saying that Fiona is a pegasus knight, I think you're confusing her with Fiora.
    Actually I was thinking of Florina, but your point still stands.

soren, pelleas, shinon, nephenee, aran

i'm including pelleas instead of ike here because his moves are badass

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

(wisdom)
    AAh, there's the confusion! Yea, my knowledge of radiant dawn characters is near zero, so when I saw Fiona I immediately thought of Fiora ... or vice-versa, I already forgot.

My top MVP is also easily Nephenee. From what I recall I also made extensive use of Rolf, Boyd, Soren, Zihark and Lethe.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

I love all of them, and I've easily play FE7 and FE8 like crazy, but GOD, I adore myself some Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Those are honestly the game you'll see me fangasm over the most.

Also, I find Blazing Swords (FE6, Roy's game) to be pretty boring, honestly.

The one I love the most is easily FE7, I still play it whenever I have free time. Path of Radiance was amazing but the fact it's on a console kept me from enjoying it as much or repeating it as often.
    (Also, I'm biased in that I loved the sprites from the GBA era games. Critical hits have never looked quite as cool since then ... the criticals for swordmasters, and mani katti/sol katti Lyn are particularly satisfying.)

For me the boring one was Shadow Dragon. It wasn't a bad game, by all means, it just went by in a breeze and I didn't feel particularly passionate about it. Haven't gotten to play any of the non-US release ones.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

The problem with Shadow Dragon was that it felt like it was a port with newer graphics. None of the little additions like the later games had like supports etc.

A lot of the characters were interchangable too. You felt little for most of them and if they died you got a replacement.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

I think the problem with Shadow Dragon is that it FEELS like an old game. No supports was the biggest thing missing from it as it brought life to the characters, so other than Marth and the Princess who's name I forget, we didn't really care about anyone.
    And yes Roy's game was really boring... and Roy himself frustrated me soo much. IMO the worst Lord there is.

I hope the new game has some good comedy and quirky lines in it cause PoR and RD really did make me laugh sometimes, like the:
    "Lord Ike, hero of the Crimean liberation, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, and father of Sothe's children..."- Micaiah
    I still laugh whenever I think about that line

Edit: I also found out from a translation of a character blurb on the official site that the "Marth" is someone CLAIMING to be the ancient ruler, Marth, it doesn't explicitly say he's Marth, so I actually think that it may be a woman disguising herself as the "ancient" hero Marth. Cause Marth(a) seems even more feminine that usual.
    If that is the case, then that would be awesome, another female Lord is always welcome, and I hope I could support Krom and her together if you know what I mean... ;)
    Last edited by SonPan; March 17th, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

PoR 5:

5. Giffca
    4. Boyd
    3. Soren
    2. Reyson
    1. Nephenee

RoD 5:

5. Pelleas
    4. Lehran (too bad he can't be bothered to show up with something useful when you get him)
    3. Kurthnaga
    2. Reyson, by virtue of being the only useful Heron.
    1. Haar. Holy shit, Haar.

I have no idea where they're going with Awakening Marth. *shrug* I kind of a feel like this is an attempt to get Smash players interested, but at the same time, Shadow Dragon should have done that.

The artstyle is a bit weird so far, but I'm kind of liking it. It's about time Fire Emblem got a new look. The game kind of has a steampunk or Victorian design. I like it. I'm just having this weird feeling that a lot of things are going to kind of change up on us. Like they'll drop the weapon triangle for something new or create a whole new rule system. I'm eager and nervous for that. The change in the magic triangle of PoR kind of threw me off (and kind of made light magic seem kind of bullshitty), but I look forward to what we may face.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    PoR 5:

5. Giffca
    4. Boyd
    3. Soren
    2. Reyson
    1. Nephenee

RoD 5:

5. Pelleas
    4. Lehran (too bad he can't be bothered to show up with something useful when you get him)
    3. Kurthnaga
    2. Reyson, by virtue of being the only useful Heron.
    1. Haar. Holy shit, Haar.
    Is that your favorite list, or your top five kill list? Cause I don't know how you got Reyson to kill anyone. >.>

Also, it's so weird knowing about Lehran, and then playing the prison chapter in PoR and meeting up with Sephiran. Really throws you in for a loop, but it certainly explains a few things.

I'd also say how knowing the Black Knight's identity threw me off, but I kind of guessed it when I saw his 'real self' being a frequently shown character.

Hell, the Black Knight reveal comes even earlier if you compare the cutscene voices.

Started playing Sacred Stones again, and will boot up Path of Radiance pretty soon.

I still have no idea who the Black Knight is, so I'll be finding out sometime soon hopefully.

I also remember the cutscenes being gorgeous at the time. I was surprised I was playing the game on a Gamecube!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Started playing Sacred Stones again, and will boot up Path of Radiance pretty soon.
    I loved Sacred Stones for the fact that you could take breaks between chapters and max out your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I loved Sacred Stones for the fact that you could take breaks between chapters and max out your characters.
    I liked that bit too, although it made the game really easy. At least I didn't get stuck.
    I was stuck on the first FE game for GBA for a long time, because I didn't really level up my characters evenly and I really didn't know what I was doing half the time (I was somewhat young), and I was stuck on a few chapters for days.

just finished the ruins in sacred stones. Fuck me there hard. There's no way i'm doing them another 2 times just for lyon. Now most of my main team is maxed out. All the lords, the recruits and natasha, colm and neimi. Knoll is the only one who isn't because of his god awful defence. I hope they do something like the tower/ruins in the new one. That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    just finished the ruins in sacred stones. Fuck me there hard. There's no way i'm doing them another 2 times just for lyon. Now most of my main team is maxed out. All the lords, the recruits and natasha, colm and neimi. Knoll is the only one who isn't because of his god awful defence. I hope they do something like the tower/ruins in the new one. That would be awesome
    I actually did get Lyon. Yes it's tedious, but if you max out your characters and just take your time it's really not that hard (at least I didn't think so).

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

-New classes, including a fucking axe and staff wielding Battle Cleric.
    I dunno, on one hand, that sounds cool, on the other hand, most magic users have low strength, clerics/curates/priests/sisters/whateverthellhelltheycallthemthisedition especially, so I don't think it'll be that effective.

Quote Originally Posted by SonPan View Post
    I think the problem with Shadow Dragon is that it FEELS like an old game. No supports was the biggest thing missing from it as it brought life to the characters, so other than Marth and the Princess who's name I forget, we didn't really care about anyone.
    That and it was pretty bare-bones for a remake. Just like they added a new coat of paint, added the weapons/magic triangles, put back a few characters, and that was it.

Oh, and what whoever said Florina is one of the most useless FE characters is correct. Whose bright idea is to add her in the stages where the enemies are almost all Brigands are beyond me.

Florina becomes much more useful in the following chapters. She's your only flying unit available for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I dunno, on one hand, that sounds cool, on the other hand, most magic users have low strength, clerics/curates/priests/sisters/whateverthellhelltheycallthemthisedition especially, so I don't think it'll be that effective.
    Well in the past games, strength and magic were generally combined. Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn had strength and magic as individual stats since we had some many characters with both magic and weapons (not just Mist, but sages who could use knives....even though that was a waste of time since staves > knives).

Either way, this could mean:
    -Magic and strength has been combined into one stat again.
    -They are separate, meaning the battle cleric will have weak stats in one or the other.
    -Perhaps staves will only be able to heal set amounts that don't take attack/magic into effect, rending the stat pointless towards staff usage, and giving us optional battle characters who heal on other turns.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Dom64 View Post
    Florina becomes much more useful in the following chapters. She's your only flying unit available for quite a while.
    I agree. If you use Florina to pick off enemies from a distance (javalins are a must for ALL flying units), she'll level up along with everyone else. Then eventually, you can send her to take out mages and sword wielders easily.

I found Florina, Fiora, and Farina to each be very useful.

Vanessa, Tana, and Syrene on the other hand......yeah.... Cormag was alright, but I preferred ground based units in Sacred Stones. Of course, I adore Marcia in PoR/RD, and Shiida is a powerhouse in Shadow Dragon.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Well in the past games, strength and magic were generally combined. Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn had strength and magic as individual stats since we had some many characters with both magic and weapons (not just Mist, but sages who could use knives....even though that was a waste of time since staves > knives).

Either way, this could mean:
    -Magic and strength has been combined into one stat again.
    -They are separate, meaning the battle cleric will have weak stats in one or the other.
    -Perhaps staves will only be able to heal set amounts that don't take attack/magic into effect, rending the stat pointless towards staff usage, and giving us optional battle characters who heal on other turns.
    I found this:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/070312C.jpg

And it looks like Strength and Magic are seperate. And it looks like she has 2 for Strength (Usually that's one of the first ones, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Dom64 View Post
    Perhaps, but I usually end with Fiora or Heath more.

Falcon Knights/Pegasus Knights are a lot better once you get them the item that prevents them from getting hit from arrows. That's when Tana became especially useful in Sacred Stones.

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information