+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid Icarus Uprising

Default Kid Icarus Uprising

Did a search and this didn't exist yet.
    So ...

Kid Icarus Uprising

http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/

From long before this week there have been several news about this title, but now that it's coming out really really soon I think it's relevant to have it all in one page for ease of discussion.

Little tidbits of info:
    - The IGN review is up, although they can't use actual in-game footage until friday
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1221062p1.html
    - Famitsu apparently gave the game a perfect score. (can't find any sources aside from wiki on this)
    - As can be seen in the Nintendo page, Club Nintendo is giving away free AR cards. This has been going on for a while but I managed to overlook it so I figure it's good knowledge to put here.

How many people plan on getting this Friday? Also, thoughts about the review? About the possibilities of the franchise?

PSN & NNID: Anax4Aero 3DS FC: 1504 - 6058 - 2691

Default Re: Kid Icarus Uprising

God, I am so looking forward to this (and that sounds like Cree Summer playing Medusa).

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

The reviews have been favourable

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/89...ew-pit-fighter

Looking forward to taking out some Eggplant Wizards.

i've only read one bad review and even then it wasn't that bad (5/10) but everyone seems to agree the controls are bad. Personally i've liked all of sakurai's games so far and i love kid icarus so this is perfect for me

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

Well, I for one am prepared to suffer from the claw

This game seems like it'll be a lot of fun, even if the controls are flawed. I honestly don't see myself having too much difficulty at the very least.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

I've been really been contemplating getting a 3DS sooner for this game, among others.

One thing I can definitely say is that the music is fan-fucking-tastic:

I've had this bad boy pre-ordered at my local Gamestop for the better part of a month now; Nintendo must REALLY want people to buy this game, what with all the promotional goodies being handed out for it. There's the stand and AR cards that come with the game itself, there's the AR cards from Club Nintendo, the AR card in Game Informer, and of course, my favorite, the original Kid Icarus download code for pre-ordering.

It's like, with all that... how could I NOT plan to get the game?
    [ Twitter | deviantART | FanFic: DragonBall GT: Revised | My YouTube ]
    3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358
    NNID: KaboomKrusader

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

I also have this pre-ordered and paid off... cannot wait~

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Had it pre-ordered since we thought it was a launch for the 3DS. Soooooooo looking forward to it.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    I've had this bad boy pre-ordered at my local Gamestop for the better part of a month now; Nintendo must REALLY want people to buy this game, what with all the promotional goodies being handed out for it. There's the stand and AR cards that come with the game itself, there's the AR cards from Club Nintendo, the AR card in Game Informer, and of course, my favorite, the original Kid Icarus download code for pre-ordering.

It's like, with all that... how could I NOT plan to get the game?
    In the states Nintendo is also sponsoring a pre-release tournament in specific cities with epic prizes. It's very reminiscent of the kind of publicity Brawl received upon its release and it makes it seem like Nintendo is placing a lot of hope and effort in Sora studios.
    It may also be the case that for some reason Nintendo is very intent on making sure this franchise sticks this time around. Claims by some reviews regarding the difficulty and depth of the game make it possible that this is one of those franchises Nintendo uses to get casual gamers into a more hard-core gaming experience by packaging it with cute angels and funny critters. In that sense, I'm very curious about what the future will hold for Pit.

Last time I played Kid Icarus I was in, what was it, elementary school? I don't usually pay any attention to updates/remakes but Kid Icarus is probably the first game that will convince me to buy a 3DS. If no other game comes out as good as this and I'm just sitting there with a paperweight I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Dominus View Post
    Last time I played Kid Icarus I was in, what was it, elementary school? I don't usually pay any attention to updates/remakes but Kid Icarus is probably the first game that will convince me to buy a 3DS. If no other game comes out as good as this and I'm just sitting there with a paperweight I'll be happy.
    It's actually a sequel.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I admit that I have never played a single Kid Icarus game in my entire life and none of my friends have either, so I never even heard of those until Smash Bros came along.

Yet people are getting me really hyped for this one.
    So, here's my question: Since this is apparently a sequel, do you think this can be played by someone who has absolutely no clue about the series whatsoever and still make sense/be decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    I admit that I have never played a single Kid Icarus game in my entire life and none of my friends have either, so I never even heard of those until Smash Bros came along.

Yet people are getting me really hyped for this one.
    So, here's my question: Since this is apparently a sequel, do you think this can be played by someone who has absolutely no clue about the series whatsoever and still make sense/be decent?
    Easily. The first game was on the nes and it was pretty much 'Medusa is evil. Paltunia has enlisted Pit to help stop her and kill her minions' then crazy difficult game after that. You can probably get the gist of things reading Pit and Paltunia's trophies in Brawl

I remeber playing the original on an emulator and hating it.
    Good thing Sakurai decided to turn this into the love child of Starfox and Resident Evil 4, two of my most favorite games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Easily. The first game was on the nes and it was pretty much 'Medusa is evil. Paltunia has enlisted Pit to help stop her and kill her minions' then crazy difficult game after that. You can probably get the gist of things reading Pit and Paltunia's trophies in Brawl
    Alright, I guess I'll give this game a try then.
    Thank you!

mine's been shipped to me so hopefully i'll get it tomorow. I'll let you guys no how hard it is then

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

yeah I'm expecting mine today too

Mine is supposed to arrive friday, not sure if it will. Dying to play it, mostly because I only have one 3DS game so far.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information