+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid Icarus Uprising

Default Re: Kid Icarus Uprising

Mine arrived today. Gonna play now. The holes in the case has artworks.

Took some pictures some of you may be interested in seeing.

Cover (Inside, outside, inside without case)
    Spoiler:

Cards (Packaging, front, back)
    Spoiler:

Manual (Front, back)
    Spoiler:

Cartridge
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by MarcelloF; March 22nd, 2012 at 04:35 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

won't hold back on ANYONE Noqanky's Avatar

Wow, Nintendo really went all out when it comes to presentation ...

It's also somewhat amusing the amount of faces given to Pit and Palutena while the other characters just get one to themselves. Wonder who Dark Lord Gaol is supposed to be, I think he was mentioned in the last trailer, iirc.

Oh, and thanks for the pics! The info is highly appreciated!

edit: Also, what's the first impression when it comes to controls?

PSN & NNID: Anax4Aero 3DS FC: 1504 - 6058 - 2691

I just got mine. So people get different cards then? I got Pit, Magnus, First Blade and ore club but then i got tiger claws and violet palm. I might have to get a folder for these cards and i loved that they came in an actual card packaging. Looks like i went down the road and bought them
    Last edited by black-leg jex; March 22nd, 2012 at 05:09 AM.

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Wow, Nintendo really went all out when it comes to presentation ...

It's also somewhat amusing the amount of faces given to Pit and Palutena while the other characters just get one to themselves. Wonder who Dark Lord Gaol is supposed to be, I think he was mentioned in the last trailer, iirc.

Oh, and thanks for the pics! The info is highly appreciated!

edit: Also, what's the first impression when it comes to controls?
    The controls are pretty good. I'd have preferred dual analog control, though.

As for Gaol(Wouldn't spoil myself here, but I'll tell what I've seen so far), well he
    Spoiler:
    is a she. She's a human. She seems to have worked with Magnus before going evil. Not sure if I heard it right, because they were talking about it in the middle of the fight, but it also seems that she killed Magnus's kid. I'm guessing she'll be important to the plot.

The dialogue in the game is great. It made me laugh quite a few times. I've only just finished Chapter 2. The music is great and the graphics look really nice.
    Last edited by MarcelloF; March 22nd, 2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: I think I need a thesaurus

i'm up to chapter 3 now. My impressions so far
    Controls
    Spoiler:
    I'm really enjoying this game so far however the controls are painful after a while. After the first chapter my hands felt so awkward and in pain that i had to swap to the stand you got. It's not the controls that are particullarly terrible, although the stylus viewing could've been better, but acc holding the console hurts my palms. I'm going to try it in the circle pad pro at some point because it's much more comfortable to hold that way

Story
    Spoiler:
    Story's not bad either. Although your thrown into the fight with no explantion you'll get the gist later on in the level. 1st level's really short but 2nd levels average in length. I reall like magnus he's cool. I hope i see him again. The unwitty banter between pit and paluntena is sometimes funny sometimes not. There have been quite a few good jokes though especially when magnus appeared.

You can tell the game takes a lot of inspiration from smash as the menu's are identical almost as is the treasure section

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

I'm kind of annoyed that there's a music gallery, but no video gallery.

you don't really need a video gallery i think. There are a few cutscenes but mostly just for scene transition purposes

On that note, did anyone else see those kid icarus videos on Nintendo Video? Definitely strange stuff, especially the one featuring Palutena fighting a bunch of one-eyed carrots.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Well, I have "The Power of Flight" from my GameInformer... just gotta wait for my game tomorrow...

This was a devious way to get more money Nintendo...you know we can't resist trading cards...

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

I ordered two packs from the Star Catalog for 250 points.

same. Let me know what you get. I'd like to know the cards are random before i buy another 2 packs.
    On another note pandora's labrynth is trippy

The description says they're random.

then more i shall buy :P

Sakurai does not make bad games. He only makes games packed with content, replayability, and charm. If he could only learn to release a game on time, then he'd be like my favorite game designer ever.

so yeah, I'm getting this. as soon as I get back from Spring Break.

Just a thing about AR cards...
    Couldn't someone post all of the Kid Icarus: Uprising ones online somewhere, and all you'd have to do is print them out and they'd still function as much as the real AR cards?

Wouldn't make a difference to me, I plan on buying the game and buying maybe a few packs anywho.

I really want this game! But I would buy it with the last money I have D: So I'm not sure yet.

I like the thing that you can fuse two weapons into one.

This game was made for circle pad pro. Its kinda painful to play when on the ground to be honest. Anyone know if pad pro is supported?
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Circle Pad Pro is supported... but only for a lefty version of the main control scheme

That sucks. Seriously. Dunno who thought of this control scheme but it's pretty dire.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

From what I heard, Sakurai didn't learn about the circle pad pro until it was too late.
    I'm left-handed but I don't think I'd like to spend extra money because of it ... I'll just learn to be ambidextrous, I guess. Shouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Znor9 View Post
    I really want this game! But I would buy it with the last money I have D: So I'm not sure yet.

I like the thing that you can fuse two weapons into one.
    It's the kind of detail that explodes the possibilities ... I don't want to think about how hardcore the online community for this game will be, with their uberly specific weapons and strategies.

Also, I love the mudkip on your signature!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information