+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Default Re: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Quote Originally Posted by bardz View Post
    very interesting chapter, i wonder did smoker die or faint, either way he lost to law, although he put up a good fight, i think he is still alive thought, because its oda and he said himself he doesn't like to kill people but rather have their dreams shattered, it looks like ice around smokers heart not laws room, but its hard to tell exactly because its black and white pages not colour, it could be ice or laws room! imo it looks like ice, but i wouldnt rule out that its laws room around his heart, surprised me alot! it seemed like a even fight until law took his heart!

by the way luffy said laws name at the end of the chapter, it does seem that luffy doesn't hold any hostility against law, so it will be interesting to see what happens next, im interested in what law thinks of luffy, he did save him ,but by his looks law isnt happy to see him, luffy tho would most likely feel like he owes law something considering he saved his life, and i was curious to how luffy would react to seeing law because law saved him, so to luffy law may be an allie, but to law he may want to kill him so it will be interesting to see what happens next

and if law attacks luffy while luffy doesn't expect it, it will be interesting to see what happens, luffy knows all 3 types of haki, and he should be able to foresee what law will do with his Kenbunshoku Haki, to some extent, it will be interesting if they fight, what haki can do vs's laws fruit, how does/can haki defend against it and to what extent? im looking forward to the next chapter
    Of course he is not dead. How would a little encounter like this kill a man who has made it his only mission in life to fight and stop our protagonist? Also Luffy has no reason to be mad at Law yet. He has not seen the children that are being kept here and all he know is that Law saved his life and fought alongside him in Sabaody.

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    I suppose we'll have to wait and see, no point in arguing. The main reason I find it unlikely is because there is no reason to ice it, everything law ever cuts off stays alive regardless. Why suddenly encase the heart in ice?
    Why encase it? Probably because of the logia nature of Smoker's body.

Nooo :( smo-yan T_T i hope he dosent die and poor sanji! he had two bad wanted poster pics in a row xD feel sorry for him

Good chapter.
    I'm late getting in here, so let me know if this has been said. Of the pictures on http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/662/13 to me it looks like everyone who has a new picture got some kind of small increase in their bounty. As for the pics under Luffy its Mr. 3 (probly cause he unlocked ace's cuffs preventing him from getting killed before Akainu got to him) and the other two are pretty obvious as Dragon and Ace. Dont have any theories for the rest of the chapter yet.

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Of course he is not dead. How would a little encounter like this kill a man who has made it his only mission in life to fight and stop our protagonist? Also Luffy has no reason to be mad at Law yet. He has not seen the children that are being kept here and all he know is that Law saved his life and fought alongside him in Sabaody.
    thats what i said lol, it wouldnt make much sense for smoker to die, and for luffy, it would seem from his perspective that law saved his life, so he wouldnt straight away assume he is an enemy, although that would depend on how law see's luffy. i honesly thought the first time law and luffy met since law saved luffy's life is that luffy would seem indebted to law, and from luffys smile, it seems like luffy doesnt consider law and enemy, but law may consider luffy an enemy, so it will be interesting how this encounter will proceed.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Because, he is Logia and just cutting something without boxing it would simply mean the heart could turn to smoke and that would be that.

While the hole is square, there is a cube around Smokers heart. And I dont really want to go all scientific, but since you are using square hole as a base for an argument. If it was just that (a square attack taking everything in its path ) there would probably ribs around that heart as well not to mention blood which is red. But that matters jack because, like I said he can switch objects inside his room, he can't contain them (or another point marines would not be able to leave his area)

So yeah I think it is ice (or are you saying that Law will now need to have this room operating 24/7 if he wants to contain this heart. So if lets say, right now he expands it again to fight Luffy the heart would had space again and could turn to smoke and his control over it would be gone.
    The heart doesn't float around in the body in a vat of void. Also the samurai is outside of the room and he isn't bleeding everywhere either. If Law cuts a shape of something out of you, it will remain the same shape. He cut out the heart and the surrounding blood, vessels and what else as well. In a cube shape.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    Even if he doesn't need his fingers she could crush him with clutch rather easily given that her line of sight to him is greater than size of his room.
    In fact, she could be out of sight completely and sprout series of eyes towards the target until she can clutch them while remaining unseen. But Oda would never use her that way I imagine, she'd be far too effective against anyone who isn't a logia.
    You are correct with Moria, all she had to do was clutch doppelman and Moria at the same time, but than she'd beat him single-handedly, and story wouldn't allow that.
    True. I doubt they would go so far with her. Or even farther simply sprouting hands inside people's bodies and crushing their organs from the inside. That would make her way too powerful

But as far as Law is concerned I think she is really the best possible candidate to oppose him and I think it's about time we saw this(yeah I love Luffy and Zorro and Sanji but Robin has had almost no boss fights. It's about time). Not to mention it would be so much better to see how two unusual DF like theirs measure up against each other. That's one of the best things about OP. You never know what might be a great match for what. And I think Robin would be more then a match for Law. And even if they don't make her a match maybe at least give her a mutually assure destruction scenario where she is clutching his neck at near breaking point while his room is at the verge of killing her or the other Strahats or something and they both have to back down.

Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    Who are the pics next to Dragons pic btw?
    Garp and Ace I believe.

About the chapter: I feel bad for Tashigi. Not a good start for her:( Although Smoker seems to be beaten as well. Or at least, Law has been shown to be stronger than I thought.

It's so sweet how those ruffian G-5 marines are concerned about Tashigi. They have a heart at least. I mean, they doesn't look like the nicest bunch, although they are good at heart.
    Speaking about hearts... Law is... damn, too strong:( He can't get away with this though, except if Smoker decides not to talk about it for some reason.

Hahaha, what the hell is up with M? What is he?

Mone looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Garp and Ace I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master Piece View Post
    Good chapter.
    I'm late getting in here, so let me know if this has been said. Of the pictures on http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/662/13 to me it looks like everyone who has a new picture got some kind of small increase in their bounty. As for the pics under Luffy its Mr. 3 (probly cause he unlocked ace's cuffs preventing him from getting killed before Akainu got to him) and the other two are pretty obvious as Dragon and Ace. Dont have any theories for the rest of the chapter yet.
    16 characters of finally getting the joke

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Garp and Ace I believe.

About the chapter: I feel bad for Tashigi. Not a good start for her:( Although Smoker seems to be beaten as well. Or at least, Law has been shown to be stronger than I thought.

It's so sweet how those ruffian G-5 marines are concerned about Tashigi. They have a heart at least. I mean, they doesn't look like the nicest bunch, although they are good at heart.
    Speaking about hearts... Law is... damn, too strong:( He can't get away with this though, except if Smoker decides not to talk about it for some reason.

Hahaha, what the hell is up with M? What is he?

Mone looks neat.
    Oh I think he can get away with attacking Smoker. Hancock already had her way with a Vice Admiral and all his marines without too much trouble. And Doflamingo was messing with people in the very HQ. So I think attacking Smoker. Easy. Now what's happening on the island that might be something he can't get away with it

I just noticed Constipated Dragon.

I need a bigger version of it, stat.

beck26 @ MH shared a very interesting series of parallelisms between Punk Hazard, the first island in the New World, and the first islands in the Grand Line.
    Quick Summary of Points:
    1. First opponent after fighting fishmen (Arlong/Hody Jones) is a Shichibukai (Crocodile/Law) conducting some strange business on a new island (Alabasta/Punk Hazard).
    2. The mission was discovered by a distress call from a Den-Den Mushi (Little Garden, Centaurs).
    3. Strawhats are trying to help a new characters who are enemies at the start (Vivi/Samurai) from another island (Alabasta/Wano) that got involved with some organization (Baroque Works/Punk Hazarders) and their partnership (Nico Robin/M).
    4. The Strawhats get split up at the beginning (Rainbase/Punk Hazard) and one of the Mugiwara come out of nowhere to save the day (Mr. Prince/Brooke).
    5. Of course, Smoker has been trailing the Strawhats the entire time, and used a Black Den-Den/his instincts to find them both times.
    --> If Smoker reveals that Law can take hearts, Luffy might start questioning whether or not his was taken too.

So if everything holds..
    A. Luffy will invite the Samurai (Vivi) to join but he will decline.
    B. Smoker will back Luffy up (Prison), and the Shichibukai (Crocodile) will be defeated by Luffy, with Smoker eventually getting the credit for doing it.
    C. Strawhats will get another bounty raise.D. Luffy will recruit another nakama - possibly the partnership: Master Slime
    Last edited by nanly; March 28th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Hey everyone! I have a One Piece Theory website, onepeacetheory.com
    It's not awesome or anything but I think it's worth checking out :)

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanly View Post
    beck26 @ MH shared a very interesting series of parallelisms between Punk Hazard, the first island in the New World, and the first islands in the Grand Line.
    Quick Summary of Points:
    1. First opponent after fighting fishmen (Arlong/Hody Jones) is a Shichibukai (Crocodile/Law) conducting some strange business on a new island (Alabasta/Punk Hazard).
    2. The mission was discovered by a distress call from a Den-Den Mushi (Little Garden, Centaurs).
    3. Strawhats are trying to help a new characters who are enemies at the start (Vivi/Samurai) from another island (Alabasta/Wano) that got involved with some organization (Baroque Works/Punk Hazarders) and their partnership (Nico Robin/M).
    4. The Strawhats get split up at the beginning (Rainbase/Punk Hazard) and one of the Mugiwara come out of nowhere to save the day (Mr. Prince/Brooke).
    5. Of course, Smoker has been trailing the Strawhats the entire time, and used a Black Den-Den/his instincts to find them both times.
    --> If Smoker reveals that Law can take hearts, Luffy might start questioning whether or not his was taken too.
    So what does this mean?
    A. Luffy will invite the Samurai (Vivi) to join but he will decline.
    B. Smoker will back Luffy up (Prison), and the Shichibukai (Crocodile) will be defeated by Luffy, with Smoker eventually getting the credit for doing it.
    C. Strawhats will get another bounty raise.D. Luffy will recruit another nakama (female/partner/someone else).

So if the parallelisms hold, then Master-Slime should be the one joining the Mugiwaras after this arc.
    lol...icwatudidthar...

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnchild View Post
    Oh I think he can get away with attacking Smoker. Hancock already had her way with a Vice Admiral and all his marines without too much trouble. And Doflamingo was messing with people in the very HQ. So I think attacking Smoker. Easy. Now what's happening on the island that might be something he can't get away with it
    That's because she's beautiful!

Seriously though, you're right. He was pretty concerned about not letting the Marines know about what's going on in that island.

Won't the HQ or the WG start looking for a missing crew? Although Law would get away by then, but still.

Law is looking like such a badass in my eyes now! I loved the fight between Law and Smoker just hope Smoker gets his heart back.

Also, it was so funny how Oda just showed Luffy, Robin, Usopp and Zoro riding Brownbeard. It was obvious they were gonna beat the hell out of his people but still funny! Awesome chapter indeed.

A splitted group of SHs riding an animal (partwise -> centaur) to get to another location is also a similiarity to Alabasta arc.
    Last edited by Patta; March 28th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Really enjoyed this chapter. I was a little dissappointed that we didn't see the comedy gold that is Nami in Franky's body , but it'll come in time!

Tashigi was 'meh' as always. I've never really liked her character that much. Oh well.

That was beautiful when Smoker slammed Law into the ground. But I don't understand the "switching" power Law has. He switched the bullets with snow and himself with wood. I hope that is further explained later.

The OPP mentioned this on their last episode, but I also find it weird how casually G-5 refers to Smoker. I believe Stephen translated it as G-5 calling him "Smokey". I don't see him letting them get away with that.

M seems to be an animated character. I liked when he spit out his drink when he found out the kids had been seen by the Marines. I wonder what his next move will be.

Monet's design is awesome! I'm loving it already (and not in a creepy way). Her talons are nifty, and I think its awesome how she is perched like a bird when talking to M. I also like how she was pointing with her feathers. I just really think this design is neat and can really be used well by Oda.

As for the newspaper, I doubt those are the new bounty photos, just pictures taken for the newspaper to let people know what they look like now. I laughed out loud at Sanji's.

So obviously M and Law are working together, but why? And what is the relationship between the two?

Law: "What are you Marines scheming?" Hmm, so it seems that the Marines are up to something, we haven't had the chance to see it yet. I'm really interested about this.

Ugh, really upset Smoker lost round 1. I still think Smoker is the better fighter, he just got OHKO'd. Don't be surprised when he gets back up to face Law next chapter. For those of you saying Luffy could easily beat Smoker, I laugh at you.

Also, I don't believe this "so-and-so lost because he had/didn't have so-and-so haki." People were able to sense other's moves as early in the series as Kuro. Don't blame everything on Haki. Just enjoy a good-ol' One Piece fight without trying to use Haki as an explaination for everything.

I wonder if Luffy is saying "It's you!" to Law or Smoker. The confrontation between the three should be interesting. If Smoker really is down for the count (which would make me very upset), I could see Luffy actually getting a tad upset at Law. I think Luffy and Smoker share some weird, odd friendship somewhat like Garp and Roger.

Sometimes, you just need to sit down for 15 minutes and watch Law beat the snot out of Smoker and Tashigi.

I'm not sure how the interaction between Law and the arriving Straw Hats will go, but if it takes a turn towards conflict, I think it would be brilliant and very Oda-like to have Brook involved in the action (because he has no heart, yo-ho-ho-ho!)

Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    Who are the pics next to Dragons pic btw?
    other mementers of Luffy's family, Garp and Ace

Quote Originally Posted by nanly View Post
    Quick Summary of Points:
    While most of the theory fits and I do agree there is a paralel, #1 point doesn't really fit except verrrrrry loosely, as in only way it fits is if we took it as fighting the lackeys that work for the Shichibukai. But the wording in that sentence makes some think it means the first real opponent that was fought was the shichibukai himself, and in that context it does not fit at all.

Some may say the first opponent after fighting Arlong was Smoker in Lougetown, but as a marine, he was doing his job not some strange business and some argue Luffy didn't fight hime so he didn't count.
    Then next island (not including Twin Capes where Crocus' lgihthouse is located) is Cactus Island. That could qualify for strange business but they never fought a Shichibukai there. After that is Little Garden, while Baroque Works was there, no encounter with Shichibukai. Drum island had nothing to do with them. It was only after fighting on three other island did Luffy fight Crocodile.
    Rules of AP Forum=
    1. Doflamingo is behind everything.
    2. Because Haki is everything and anything. (credits to Shadowgreed)
    Note that the former rule 2- "Sabo is everyone". was retired when Sabo really did return.

I don't know if it was suggested before, but what if Punk Hazard will get destroyed be a Buster Call? Hiding the evidence, maybe? Somehow Law gets a golden den-den-mushi? Nah, I'm just thinking loudly here.

Oda's taking a break? Good, he deserves it. I hope he spends some time with resting and being with his family.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information