+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

SHOVEL JUSTICE!!!!! JetPistolStrike's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

I believe it may turn out to be the opposite with all due respect.

It's been a while since Luffy kicked a Shichibukai's ass; Perhaps #3 could be in order....
    The Straw Hats play videogames, so should you!!

3DS FC: 1461-6402-9432
    Pokemon Y version- Trainer: Matthew
    Nintendo Network ID: KoopaStomper27

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fedcom View Post
    Oh please, Smoker's heart is clearly the more useful (and sexier) candidate for joining.
    No wai, Brownbeard-sama-chan for Neko-san~

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    No wai, Brownbeard-sama-chan for Neko-san~
    Nah, the dude's hardly got a personality, who would want him in the crew?
    And no one can compete with this wondrous character design:

SHOVEL JUSTICE!!!!! JetPistolStrike's Avatar

Creepy yet cool at the same time.
    The Straw Hats play videogames, so should you!!

3DS FC: 1461-6402-9432
    Pokemon Y version- Trainer: Matthew
    Nintendo Network ID: KoopaStomper27

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Default That Heart looks too healthy to be Smoker's...

Quote Originally Posted by fedcom View Post
    Nah, the dude's hardly got a personality, who would want him in the crew?
    And no one can compete with this wondrous character design:

pssh, there's no sexyness factor to his design...

Now this guy has the sexiness about him... just look at those sexy, stubby legs and that curvacious body~

Brownbeard for next Naknak~
    Last edited by Shuhan; March 29th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Idk if this was duscussed but, is there a connection between Tashigi and samurais? The samurai head was talking about the disgrace of being cut without death, and do did Tashigi. Perhaps she trained with samurai at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by dondondodo View Post
    Idk if this was duscussed but, is there a connection between Tashigi and samurais? The samurai head was talking about the disgrace of being cut without death, and do did Tashigi. Perhaps she trained with samurai at some point.
    That's simply generic Bushido stuff, nothing particularly to do with Wano or OP.

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    That's simply generic Bushido stuff, nothing particularly to do with Wano or OP.
    I think also because didn't the samurai say something along the lines of "shameful to be cut and not die" and Tashigi said similar so he just mentioning the similarities??
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

Quote Originally Posted by YouDNewb View Post
    I think also because didn't the samurai say something along the lines of "shameful to be cut and not die" and Tashigi said similar so he just mentioning the similarities??
    Well yeah, but he is asking whether that means there is a direct connection between the two.
    The only implied connection is that they both, being sword-man/woman, follow Bushido, that's about it.

Crocodile did the same thing in ch. 202, sadly she never got to do anything about it - well, aside for her subsequent character growth.
    Actually, Tashigi got to be the one to arrest Crocodile. I'm pretty sure that counts.

Just wanted to say that I fully endorse the fact that the harpy's name should be spelled as Monet.

In terms of Japanese pronunciation, Mone would sound aloud as "moan nay" anyways, but reads awkwardly from a western viewpoint, with almost the urge to pronounce it as "moan", like bone. More importantly, it's a sweet reference to French impressionist painter, Claude Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphingx View Post
    Actually, Tashigi got to be the one to arrest Crocodile. I'm pretty sure that counts.
    Lol, even Nezumi could have arrested Crocodile in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston is a Pirate View Post
    Just wanted to say that I fully endorse the fact that the harpy's name should be spelled as Monet.

In terms of Japanese pronunciation, Mone would sound aloud as "moan nay" anyways, but reads awkwardly from a western viewpoint, with almost the urge to pronounce it as "moan", like bone. More importantly, it's a sweet reference to French impressionist painter, Claude Monet.
    well by Japanese spelling Monet is impossible since you could just write

MO NE and there is not a letter for just T

Mone, Monete but cannot be written Monet in Japanese

P.S. I just checked the raw: She is MONE so that is that
    Last edited by blue-san; March 30th, 2012 at 03:15 AM.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Like I said- according to CCC and Aohige it is Monet. And I think we all can agree that those two are *the source* when it comes to translating Japanese (stephen too but he doesn't count right now). Besides, Monet sounds beautiful in my opinion.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar

Awesome chapter
    M is revealed
    and Smoker defeated

tashigi being owned the way she was felt bad for her but she was against a stronger swordsman

luffy and law can't fight just yet imo
    still confused as to who law will fight out of the strawhats if he does actually fight

luffy vs law would be a poor mix for luffy
    he would just be avoiding all of laws slashes and have to out think law's ability, watching smoker vs law i just don't think it's luffys opponent

Still thinking law vs Zoro
    especially after what happened with tashigi
    http://neomaster121.mybrute.com
    Click above suprisingly addictive
    http://mybrute.com/team/107019
    join the team if your strong enough

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykwasi View Post
    We're hating on her cause she's stupid and doesn't think before she acts. Its one thing for her being too hot headed to even sit back and assess the situation before she rushes in guns-ah-blazing (or in her case swords-ah-brandished) but its ANOTHER thing for her to not even heed the warning of her superior officer. Smokey told her bitch ass to stay back but o no, lil miss tomboy samurai just had to go try be a hero. Its also one thing to run up on someone who they havent met and have no Idea of what they're capable of but I mean what kind of Captain runs up on a fricken Pirate Warlord and expect to have a chance? Thats why people are saying she got what she deserved.

Speaking of which I believe at this point Law must have a real sour spot for Samurai because he pretty much acknowledged how their way of thinking is really retarded (by the way they seemingly like to rush into danger and lose their lives). The page where he called her a weakling and watching the uttter anguish on her face was refreshing and made quite a lot of sense. Maybe she'll think twice next time.

Luffy did the same thing with Crocodile. No viewer thought he was stupid. And he was much much worse at the end of the first fight.
    LoL. Hot Headed people are One Piece's cup of tea. Now obviously Tashigi doesn't have the thing that makes Luffy awesome, but no need to hate her for being pissed off. Maybe she really liked that ship. Maybe she and Smoker had speci... no I'm not doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukishima View Post
    Lol, even Nezumi could have arrested Crocodile in this state.
    And this is relevant how?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphingx View Post
    And this is relevant how?
    She failed to apprehend a criminal, was defeated, mocked by another criminal for her failure and sense of justice, and had to let yet another criminal do her job for her.
    At which point did you see her feel anything positive through out the whole affair? I'm pretty sure she was crying by the end because she was made to feel weak and her sense of justice was trampled.
    The only reason she got to put handcuffs on Crocodile was because another pirate has beaten him for her, there was no sense of achievement or satisfaction in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Okay, after a little bit of researching, I think I may have found a link to the 'mes' word...hold on to your seats ladies and gentlemen...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meso_compound

okay, just to warn you, don't read this if you don't want your brain to seceded from your body in confusion.

Mes is a shortening of the prefix Meso, which can be translated to meaning in the middle. I cross-referenced the word 'Meso' and found that wiki page on the Meso Compound.

Long story short, I gleaned as much info from this article as best I could and came to this conclusion. The Meso Compound is basically a mirror image of another isotope or something like that. This mirror image, when flipped, looks exactly like the other isotope....

I know it's a stretch, but Oda does get his idea's from pretty outlandish places. It is possible that Law understands things at the molecular level, seeing as he is a doctor and understanding those fundamentals would require complex variables. Something like this is possibly where the move 'Mes' came from.

'Mes' seems to be a concentrated version of his power and is able to mirror things out of place(i.e.: the bullets and the snow). So it stands to reason the "isotope" that Law switched with Smoker's heart is now in his chest cavity...dunno what it is...

My really feeble attempt at trying to look things up...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

also as a note, now thinking about it...everything Law switches has a similar shape and size....

i.e: the head and the cannonball, bullets and the snowflakes.

so whatever is in Smokers chest, it is most likely the same size and roughly the same shape.

That or it comes from mesu (or was it meso?). Meaning woman both woman and scalpel in japanese.

She failed to apprehend a criminal, was defeated, mocked by another criminal for her failure and sense of justice, and had to let yet another criminal do her job for her.
    At which point did you see her feel anything positive through out the whole affair? I'm pretty sure she was crying by the end because she was made to feel weak and her sense of justice was trampled.
    The only reason she got to put handcuffs on Crocodile was because another pirate has beaten him for her, there was no sense of achievement or satisfaction in it.
    There was the satisfaction of having arrested a criminal. I mean, they fight for justice, not for personal gratification, right?

And sorry if the post merging is annoying, but this way I make sure that my post is only edited if it is the last post. :3

The one who said mone was most likely monet was no other than Aohige himself, according to CCC. And, as you know, Monet is a french name, in french that T wouldn't be read. So japanese would just write Mone. (Reading Môné, and not moan)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information