+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Default Re: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

I am glad that Law doesn't intend to kill Tachigi. For me his face shows always the expression of "I do what I have to, even if I don't like it", so I think he is one of the good guys after all. His line "What are you marines scheming!" is interesting. I sense that Law has a big background story.

Question: Underneath Luffy's picture there is obviously Ace and Dragon. Who is that 3rd guy to the left of Dragon? Or is that just some unrevealed dude?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Lingoku View Post
    His line "What are you marines scheming!" is interesting.
    Maybe Law saw something of Vegapunk's on the island, which revealed a longstanding marine plot.
    Or maybe the M character is just lying to Law, in order to manipulate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingoku View Post
    I am glad that Law doesn't intend to kill Tachigi. For me his face shows always the expression of "I do what I have to, even if I don't like it", so I think he is one of the good guys after all. His line "What are you marines scheming!" is interesting. I sense that Law has a big background story.
    Too bad Tashigi had to give her typical "Kill me!" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Question: Underneath Luffy's picture there is obviously Ace and Dragon. Who is that 3rd guy to the left of Dragon? Or is that just some unrevealed dude?
    His name is Garp =P

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Law won by taking his heart so we see what he did to the 100 pirates also the master guy sure does look like hawkins a bit maybe law changed his body he is a dark doctor and brownbeard is on the island as well.

Are you sure its Garp? He looks bald, has a goatee and multiple scars on his right face rather than the single line Garp has.

This chapter should be named:
    "I fought [the] Law and [the] Law won".

And I'm happy it was not a crappy interrupted battle. Fuck Yeah.
    And I'd laugh my ass off if the heart just faded as smoke and Luffy saved Law from getting impaled from behind. That would make me rofl.

So does the mysterious master look like Basil Hawkins or am I imagining things?
    EDIT:
    Smoker put up a pretty good fight, seems strange that Law's power suddenly worked on him.
    Last edited by minor_runes; March 28th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I thought the third one was Hancock because ace is dead.

i believe its garp. so the article must be explaining about luffy's relation to ace dragon and garp. that makes sense.

edit :
    i dont think the photos in the newspaper is the new bounty posters. they already use a nice photo of luffy which we can clearly see his face, why would they changed it to side view photo? also, sanji's face horrible drawing is more informative than a photo of his back head. so yeah, i dont think its the new bounty posters.

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    So does the mysterious master look like Basil Hawkins or am I imagining things?

I really don't think that's Hawkins. Hawkins is calm, cool and collected. Very monotone. This M guy is more excitable and animated. Like Buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    Smoker put up a pretty good fight, seems strange that Law's power suddenly worked on him.
    Not strange really. He created an opportunity and caught him by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ditihala View Post
    No observation Haki for Law as it seems. He fell for that sneak attack quite easily
    Or maybe the attacker has a superior CoO... just like when Whitebeard did a succesful sneak attack on akainu at marineford, for example. I believe it works the same way with CoA too - like in that scene, during the war, in which Vista and Marco's haki attacks didn't harm Akainu's logia body.
    Well...in the end, we'll have to wait until Oda explains how the haki of one person actually affects the haki of another. Great chapter,by the way.

Not Exactly Unambiguous CaptainPaige's Avatar

Those thinking it's Garp, I don't think it is. I think it might be Dadan, as Garp wouldn't be included as he isn't a pirate. Still, who knows?
    Another good chapter, and now I'm definitely thinking this 'Master' is some kind of Candy logia. Hell, he looked quite tree-like at times. Oh, and Monet the Harpy is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by omy785 View Post
    Yes, I also thought of Hawkins, but his personality is not like that at all...this M is a typical bad guy-idiot...

Anyway, Harpy for Nakama... lol
    It's been two years though and anything could happen? Example, Hawkins's prediction of death for Brownbeard didn't come true, so he started questioning his readings, fell into despair further and lost his marbles? XP

Harpy's design is cool, I'll have to admit though. Her entrance as well, though I'm still pulling for "Leggy"-needs-a-name!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dangerously View Post
    I really don't think that's Hawkins. Hawkins is calm, cool and collected. Very monotone. This M guy is more excitable and animated. Like Buggy.

Not strange really. He created an opportunity and caught him by surprise.
    2 years has gone by also they're in a former vega punk base so law could have easily have changed him with stuff there also brownbeard is on the island and hawkins defeated him during the time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta<3OP View Post
    This chapter should be named:
    "I fought [the] Law and [the] Law won".

And I'm happy it was not a crappy interrupted battle. Fuck Yeah.
    And I'd laugh my ass off if the heart just faded as smoke and Luffy saved Law from getting impaled from behind. That would make me rofl.
    Nah...there's no way it can happen right now. His heart is totally encapsulated, like gas in a cylinder:it cannot escape unless you open it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPaige View Post
    Those thinking it's Garp, I don't think it is. I think it might be Dadan, as Garp wouldn't be included as he isn't a pirate. Still, who knows?
    Still, Garp is the father of Dragon and grandfather of Luffy. The three persons listed below of Luffy in that journal are his known relatives. Is it so hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPaige View Post
    Another good chapter, and now I'm definitely thinking this 'Master' is some kind of Candy logia. Hell, he looked quite tree-like at times. Oh, and Monet the Harpy is pretty cool.
    dadan? seriously?
    many people already aware that luffy is dragon's son and garp's grandson. even the fake luffy keep saying that he is dragon's son and garp's grandson. so its just normal when they make an article about luffy they also explain about luffy's relation to some famous people like dragon and garp, that's why they add their photos in the article.

its simple and obvious if you stop overthink about it. the same goes with ppl who suggest about haki in everything. even a simple reflex to dodge an enemy's attack is haki now. they do that long before haki is even introduced.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Law seems to use trickery and deceit to also use his powers, factoring in the whole blind spot situation that let him attack Smoker and get his heart.

Guess this chapter shoots my theory to hell...

As it has been said before, Law's powers aren't....unmanageable (hate using that infernal word 'hax')...they are quite easy to evade. Luffy would be able to detect where most of Laws attacks would come from and the rest would depend on his sheer animal instinct to avoid the rest. However, I do see that if this escalates into a Luffy vs. Law, it could be easily possible for Law to beat Luffy seeing as Law seems to be a calculating guy and knows when to attack.

Their fight would be the makings of a long drug out fight, but depending on the circumstances, Law could easily beat Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Law don't have Haki he uses strategy, when Smoker solidifys his body in front the rock, Law use it as a place to hide from his vision and took his heart at that moment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information