+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Default Re: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Hah Sanji's new bounty poster doesn't even show his face. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NANLIT View Post
    Anyone else kinda surprised that Luffy seems to recognize Law?
    I was just thinking that actually.

Anyone else kinda surprised that Luffy seems to recognize Law? Luffy was unconcuious during the whole time that Law was saving him and even if he learned who saved him, Luffy's terrible with names and doesn't read the newspapers and wouldn't normally connect the person who saved him with a person he saw at SA by their name alone. He would have needed to be shown a picture (probably the bounty poster) of Law to really know who saved him. Although since he does recognize Law (he must have been shown a picture of Law to go with the name), their interaction in this arc should be very interesting. Even though Law's messed with his nakama, it's not irreversable as long as Law's around so I can see them being both enemies and allies in this arc. Not to mention, Law could very well betray M at some point as alliances between villains usually end in betrayal (like the last arc).
    My memory is rusty, but didn't Jimbei tell Luffy that Law saved them once Luffy recovered?

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    So in the end he manages to dodge one of Smokers attempts to hit him and use it as a counter attack where he takes his heart but brilliantly thinking he has it packed in ice so that his logia can do jack about it.
    I don't think that Smoker's heart is packed in ice. Law just cut out the area around in in a cube shape.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Great chapter!

- Dat Harpy. She's gorgeous
    - Law's DF seems to be broken, but we're talking about one of Oda's characters. They always have a weakness.
    - The new wanted posters... Oda loves trolling Sanji, doesn't he? xD
    - WHAT is this Master dude? Oo
    - I feel bad for Tashigi
    - Nice fight between Smoker and Law, though I didn't expect to see Smoker loosing so fast.
    - Aaaand Luffy arrives at the battlefield and has a happy smile on his face when he sees Law... if he only knew...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    My memory is rusty, but didn't Jimbei tell Luffy that Law saved them once Luffy recovered?
    You quoted the entire point and still didn't get it?
    Luffy saw Law like once, maybe he doesn't remember or even know Law's name, but the weird thing is how he recognized him immediately.

"No contaban con mi astucia"

Holy Smokes... now THAT is how you do a fight scene . This will be absolutely brilliant when the anime rolls around.(instead of having two combatants stand around talking talking talking about how "my secret kekkei genkai jutsu #2342 ups your bankai level 4" ...zzzz)So Law's at the island investigating something? Does it have anything to do with Doflamingos secret mission? Or did Law get a similar assignment to do something the 'higher ups' want done? Times like this I can't help but think about the fact Law and Doflamingo have the same type of Jolly Rogers; the New Age smiley face ones. Hm...No OP next week?? T.T The suspense will kill me.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Luffy remembers people that are as strong as him or have fought on his side, as long as he has come into contact with them. He remembers those that are worth remembering.

That and the fact Im sure he remembers that it was Law who saved him. He may have been in a blinding rage when we first saw him after the surgery, but Im sure he would never forget someone that did him a solid like saving his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    Perhaps but what I'm saying is that do you think Luffy would connect the name Law with someone he saw at SA and didn't know who he was? He doesn't read the newspapers (unlike most people in the One Piece world) and can be terrible at remembering names so I don't think he'd connect Law with a guy he saw at SA unless he had a picture.
    1st Mate of the Ancient Forest Pirates.

I'm sure that Luffy remember Law because he is a rival. I'm sure that he would remember Kidd as well. They're all psuedo friends.

Is there no chapter next week?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Perhaps but what I'm saying is that do you think Luffy would connect the name Law with someone he saw at SA and didn't know who he was? He doesn't read the newspapers (unlike most people in the One Piece world) and can be terrible at remembering names so I don't think he'd connect Law with a guy he saw at SA unless he had a picture.
    Good point.

I still find it funny Luffy walks in to a battlefield, and has a big smile.

Im gonna kick THE ass of the people who says Harpy for Nakama.......really, everytime we see a new character it's the same story and now it's been more than 10 years!!! So please stop!!! We know that in the next arc Tongo the monster tree will become the next Nakama!!! Oh and i forgot Kiki the bee girl who will join in 2 years....come on.....

The best thing we learned about Law this chapter is that his fruit allows for limited geomancy which is REALLY awesome. It shows that even on a open field he will always have something to swap and shamble.

I hope the harp is actually a harpy.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Perplexingly Preposterous Roronoa Dodo's Avatar

The first that goes through my mind when I'm done getting my weekly OP fix is "Please don't let there be a break next week!". But hey, atleast its not a hiatus; wink wink, nudge nudge.

The era of Whitebeard is over. The time of Brownbeard, has come.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    Im gonna kick THE ass of the people who says Harpy for Nakama.......really, everytime we see a new character it's the same story and now it's been more than 10 years!!! So please stop!!! We know that in the next arc Tongo the monster tree will become the next Nakama!!! Oh and i forgot Kiki the bee girl who will join in 2 years....come on.....

Brownbeard for Nakamalammadingdong.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

That M look like Hwakins once he transformed during the Kizaru fight
    That's some real conversation for your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    I don't think that Smoker's heart is packed in ice. Law just cut out the area around in in a cube shape.
    It seems fairly obvious given a rectangular hole in Smoker's chest.
    Why are people in such a rush to post before reading through carefully?

So everyone on the island is affiliated with each other? (sans Marines/SHs/samurai)

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    You quoted the entire point and still didn't get it?
    Luffy saw Law like once, maybe he doesn't remember or even know Law's name, but the weird thing is how he recognized him immediately.
    They had plenty of face time on Sabaody while fighting marines.

Quote Originally Posted by doppleganger View Post
    Frankly, I think luffy should give law an ultimatum. Return smokers heart willingly or by force. Law comes off way too arrogant and that's reason enough for luffy to serve him a nice piece of humble pie. GOOO LUFFFY

Also, the so called 'gatling' attack that smoker performs are from his fists right?
    For what? In all honesty why should Luffy give a damn about Smoker's heart at all? Let us weight the points. Fellow SuperNova who helped him fight marines and saved his life. Or Marine that wants to capture him. I choose the first option. Also, Luffy is no damn hero, and since Law saved Luffy life I thought he want to kill or fight him now.

Whyy wouldd't Luffy remember Law? Fought along side him on SA, Law saved his life, and he was told to remember them because they were his revials. Do not seem likely he would forget him.

On the chapter. Like always Oda shows us how it is really done. I am surprised he just got the Law vs Smoker fight after two chapters. I thought he would tease us, and show us what happened later. I am more surprised Smoker lost, but Law is one bad dude. I cannot wait for the next chapter.
    Last edited by Thanos; March 28th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information