Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: APRIL FOOLS 2012- Bobarts, cats and hats

Default APRIL FOOLS 2012- Bobarts, cats and hats

Original post
    Hidden:
    Even though you all seem to expect it, I have nothing planned for April Fools this year. Some of you suspect that my recent attempt to have a more positive attitude about the world in general, to try and make this forum a better place for outsiders and newcomers, is some sort of early prank. Well, it's not. Totally sincere.

I don't speak for any others, and I have no idea what anyone else might have planned, but... I've been too busy to come up with anything. Sorry for failing you all on this particular tradition, I know I'm a jokester, but... what can ya do. I have some horrendous deadlines looming and haven't really been able to coordinate or put any energy into a huge forum-ey event this year.

Not really anything that could top last years The Room/fake mod fight/Zephos mod/forum crash anyway... or Luffy-ko.

Still, if anyone else wants to do April Fools shenanigans, maybe keep it contained in this thread so it doesn't disturb every thread around.

24 HOURS LATER UPDATE:
    Obviously, this was an April Fool's joke thread, as everyone knew three seconds into this post. Wasn't trying to trick anyone, just to let everyone have some fun. I really am sincere about the "more positive attitude" thing, as you will all see in the weeks to come. But, fun was had in this thread, it was wacky and weird and full of palindromes and hats and cats and things. Very random.

Sadly, history is going to lose some of the effect. Throughout the day, whenever someone would post in here, they would have their signature changed to be a row of four April Bobarts.

This didn't kick in until halfway through the day, but people ran with it and had some fun in general. A few variations got made, and some people posted just to get "infected" by it, but alas, it seems highly unlikely that any signatures will still have this in a year's time. Oh well!

There was also a "Discuss all mangas" thread borrowed from an ancient oceanizer post. That thread wasn't terribly popular. Oh well.
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=47

Also, Cartoon Network aired a Toonami marathon and that was fun too.
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35106

Also, check the tags for this thread. I'm not sure which mod did them, but it wasn't me! Fun little tidbit.

As for this thread itself ... what you will see as you read through it. Enjoy!

Some of the sig variations

Hidden:

Shuhan

Sorikai

Samwize

Insider2000

Wagomu

David Ludwig

Thousand Lion

Nia

Buster Call

Kitsune Inferno

Last edited by Robby; April 1st, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Default Re: Hate to dissapoint you all but...

This seems legit.

As well it should.

I mean, it'd be horrendously obvious bait if I was going to pull anything in here. I certainly wouldn't announce in advance that its the April Fool's thread.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Oh...oh God

*dives into his Day of the Fool's bunker

Spoiler:

stay the Hell away from me...all of you...

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Yep, it's a trap. I'm getting outta here while I still can!

If it were a trap... maybe this thread would be the only safe place to be.

*frantically swims deeper into underwater shelter*

Though... It's already been April Fools' for 12 hours here. So I'm sure that means it's safe already.

Right?
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Yeah...as safe as "The Room" was last year >.>;

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Well, we won't know whether it's safe or not until it happens, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Though... It's already been April Fools' for 12 hours here. So I'm sure that means it's safe already.

Right?
    Well, where I am, it just became April Fools a few minutes ago. Until it is no longer April 1st anywhere in the world, there is still the possibility for shenanigans.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^ Feel free to add me on either ^

Avi by Sa-Dui | Sig by Leav

Cocky Curry Turtle~ Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

I don't know what to think. But i have to assume that Robby only wants what is best for the forum...but, that could be trumped by his desire for insane, over-the-top jokes/pranks. On the other hand, he did just openly admit that he had absolutely nothing to pull this year. Of course, that statement itself could all be part of a greater ruse and plot that has yet to be revealed, one that could totally tear apart the fabric of not only this forum, but also of space and time itself. So is Robby a trustworthy admin will no ill intent towards any of us, or is he a sick deviant who knows only how to make innocent(and not so innocent) users suffer under his suffocating power. I'd like to think the former, but then again history tells us that this is not the case and that he indeed has concocted some type of self-amusement at the cost of other's sanity. Robby has however, showed that he is trying to turn over a new leaf so that he might develop into more of a decent human being that would never consider doing such a thing as the April Fool's pranks that the Robby of the past pulled off without so much of a hint of remorse or guilt. Clearly he has changed and will remain dormant for this year's Day of Doom.

But...

What of the other mods......
    Last edited by Robby; April 1st, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak Wraithraiser
    What's so good about a skinny little female like that? Females have to be strong and sturdy to have offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio
    I'm just being a dick.

Maybe every thread but this one will blow up. :/

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post

But...

What of the other mods......
    Exactly what I thought.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Maybe the prank is that there will really be no prank. And you'll just be waiting and watching for something to happen. But nothing will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Maybe the prank is that there will really be no prank. And you'll just be waiting and watching for something to happen. But nothing will happen
    Yes. Robby wants us to believe that there's no prank when, in fact, the actual prank is that there's no prank at all, thus, we'll be pranked by believing that a prank will happen sooner or later, but the fact is that the prank will never happen because the real prank is the lack of prank itself.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Yes. Robby wants us to believe that there's no prank when, in fact, the actual prank is that there's no prank at all, thus, we'll be pranked by believing that a prank will happen sooner or later, but the fact is that the prank will never happen because the real prank is the lack of prank itself.
    Well that would kind of anti-climactic wouldn't it?

And the fact its been guessed so early and easily would kind of kill it. The same way having a blatant April Fool's thread takes all the surprise out of it.

Nah, that's boring. If I was doing something I wouldn't be leading up to it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Well that would kind of anti-climactic wouldn't it?
    Yes. Yes it would.
    Last edited by Robby; April 1st, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

Just watch. The mods will do nothing and everything will proceed as usual, causing people to get paranoid and riot in the forums. Meanwhile, the mods will sit back and laugh at us

Cocky Curry Turtle~ Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That's a lazy man's prank, it would be a shame upon all of Robby's past pranks to pull something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak Wraithraiser
    What's so good about a skinny little female like that? Females have to be strong and sturdy to have offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio
    I'm just being a dick.

I was joking you know

And now reading Robby's posts, maybe I was spot on. Still doubt it, but just maybe
    Last edited by Robby; April 1st, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

Really, Satsuki is the one you have to watch out for. She's a tricky one. Loves crazy over the top pranks.

Thread Information