+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 158 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami on Adult Swim

Default Re: Toonami on Adult Swim! (May 26)

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Sure, why not? Promoting is supporting too.

Also I haven't seen the actual tweet myself, but someone mentioned on the FUNi TV thread on the One Piece anime section that Jason Demarco said on his twitter that the top requested shows for Toonami are DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, and Inuyasha. I don't know if adult swim still has the Inuyasha rights but if they do then there you go for a possible airing. I definitely see Inuyasha: Final Act, actually I could see that being a bigger possibility since it's a shorter series, though I actually don't know if that matters. Too bad with Naruto and DBZ, since Jason said those shows have their rights tied up with competitors/are expensive. One Piece is probably too expensive of an acquisition at this point.
    He never tweeted that at all. He said DBZ and Naruto were hard to get because competitor's had them and it costed money which they didn't have. He said they were looking into Inuyasha and he said he was a huge fan of One Piece and would like it on Cartoon Network again.
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    He never tweeted that at all. He said DBZ and Naruto were hard to get because competitor's had them and it costed money which they didn't have. He said they were looking into Inuyasha and he said he was a huge fan of One Piece and would like it on Cartoon Network again.
    https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...63166858182656

Maine, which is an awesome state in my opinion.

It's from the official Funimation YouTube channel. Any thoughts?

Consider me derped, I do like seeing One Piece as a 1. demand to him though heh heh..
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

demarco tweeted these out,i cant wait for toonami,im hyped.
    We got One Piece on Toonami! Now help it get the best ratings by getting it trending on Twitter when it is on.

One Piece and Inuyasha: The Final Act seem like more likely candidates, though the former is probably very expensive. But it would help sustain future DVD releases like Season 5 (since Season 4 ends on the worst possible cliffhanger).

Naruto is stuck with Disney, even though they stopped showing it on Disney XD they likely won't give it up that easily. While DBZ is with Nickelodeon, and while they only show Kai and GT (I'm sure people aren't clamoring for the latter) it's still stuck with them.

I would like to see Toriko, Fairy Tail (even though I'm not a fan), and Hunter X Hunter as part of it. Maybe Bakuman.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    I would like to see Toriko, Fairy Tail (even though I'm not a fan), and Hunter X Hunter as part of it. Maybe Bakuman.
    I love Bakuman but how would it even work? No action whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Consider me derped, I do like seeing One Piece as a 1. demand to him though heh heh..

I just worry a bit these same people are only bugging Jason. They need to let Adult Swim know directly too.

With One Piece failing so badly on the TV market, I don't see it appearing on TV unless Toonami does AMAZINGLY well. Inuyasha and Fairytail seem more likely. When I thought Adult Swim was giving money to Toonami I was surprised that FairyTail wasn't picked up, or Panty & Stocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    With One Piece failing so badly on the TV market, I don't see it appearing on TV unless Toonami does AMAZINGLY well. Inuyasha and Fairytail seem more likely. When I thought Adult Swim was giving money to Toonami I was surprised that FairyTail wasn't picked up, or Panty & Stocking.
    People don't give "One Piece" enough credit; it did well on Cartoon Network. Yes it got cancelled by the time FUNimation was dubbing it, but to be fair if Toonami was being treated the same it was in 2005 as in 2007, it would've continued for sure.

Also why would you be surprised they didn't pick up "Fairy Tail"? That's a big series, and the relaunch of Toonami is starting off small. Panty and Stocking is surprising and so is the reason: adult swim didn't think there was enough fan demand.

SHOVEL JUSTICE!!!!! JetPistolStrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    People don't give "One Piece" enough credit; it did well on Cartoon Network. Yes it got cancelled by the time FUNimation was dubbing it, but to be fair if Toonami was being treated the same it was in 2005 as in 2007, it would've continued for sure.
    Not to mention the crappy reputation it got from 4Kids' dumb-ass dub; If One Piece had Funimation dubbing it from the start, the series would be a hit from day 1.

Hopefully if One Piece is picked up by Toonami in the possible future, then maybe the tide can turn.

@Twitter images from DeMarco: Damnit, DeMarco!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop teasing me!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Straw Hats play videogames, so should you!!

3DS FC: 1461-6402-9432
    Pokemon Y version- Trainer: Matthew
    Nintendo Network ID: KoopaStomper27

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    Well, its all up to the demand there is for a show. And as Jason DeMarco said there is a HUUUUUUUUGE demand for more One Piece! I bet we'll see it once its successful enough.....well, if that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    Naruto is stuck with Disney, even though they stopped showing it on Disney XD they likely won't give it up that easily. While DBZ is with Nickelodeon, and while they only show Kai and GT (I'm sure people aren't clamoring for the latter)
    Considering it's the old GT dub that ran on CN a few years back....

Quote Originally Posted by JetPistolStrike View Post
    Not to mention the crappy reputation it got from 4Kids' dumb-ass dub; If One Piece had Funimation dubbing it from the start, the series would be a hit from day 1.
    Based on what? cause last time I checked not everything Funimation has touched turned to gold.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 25th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Considering it's the old GT dub that ran on CN a few years back....

Based on what> cause last time I checked not everything Funimation has touched turned to gold.
    Well if one piece was in the position bleach is in it would be better off..

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post

cause last time I checked not everything Funimation has touched turned to gold.

Why must we do this? Can't we "#GivePieceAChance?"

@Primo11: I'm guessing you're talking of the Bleach anime stopping in Japan, right? Or is it something else?

It's true. FUNimation treated the Dragon Ball franchise like total shit up until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPistolStrike View Post
    @Primo11: I'm guessing you're talking of the Bleach anime stopping in Japan, right? Or is it something else?
    No. I think he means if One Piece had a history like Bleach's in the States it would be better off. Like, receiving a good dub to boot, getting good air times/ratings and being lucky enough to be kept there for years with new episodes.

@Mikey D. Luffy: Oh, I see now. Guess I misinterpreted what he meant by accident.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    It's true. FUNimation treated the Dragon Ball franchise like total shit up until recently.
    A very successful shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post

No. I think he means if One Piece had a history like Bleach's in the States it would be better off. Like, receiving a good dub to boot, getting good air times/ratings and being lucky enough to be kept there for years with new episodes.
    Exactly.

And I take back what I said earlier about funi being desperate with p&s, I mean, they just got 2 more shows on toonami.

But yea Jason saying op gets a lot of requests is a good sign for the future.

Well, this is it.

Maine, which is an awesome state in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, this is it.

Yup, in 8 hours Toonami will be airing for the first time in 4 years (not counting the April fools airing). So exited!!! :D

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information