View Poll Results: Which house were you sorted into?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gryffindor

17 14.66%
  • Hufflepuff

26 22.41%
  • Ravenclaw

40 34.48%
  • Slytherin

33 28.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Fantastic Beasts 2: Grindelwald Boogaloo

Default Re: Pottermore: Harry Potter Online experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    I hope you get poisoned
    Hidden:
    Go to 2:46 if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

By the way my name is FIREBOLT DRAGON which is Badazzzz
    hi mr dragon, welcome to hufflepuff

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Name: PhoenixScarlet23203

Pet: An Owl (Forgot the damn name)

Wand: Laurel with Dragon Core, twelve inches, quite flexible.

House: Gryffindor

Awww yeahhhh.

My wand: VINE WITH PHOENIX FEATHER CORE, TWELVE AND A HALF INCHES, QUITE FLEXIBLE

Sounds awesome

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh and I got a Brown Owl as a pet. it looked adorably clueless (like me).

So, after a quick count, as of this post:

Hufflepuff: 9
    Slytherin: 2
    Gryffindor: 2
    Ravenclaw: 1
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

lol isn't hufflepuff the house for completely boring people like Robert Pattinson???

I got myself the cutest owl available, this wand (Length:13 1/4 in; Wood:Pine; Core:Unicorn; Flexibility:Hard), and ended up in Gryffindor. Daaamn, I wanted to be in Ravenclaw.
    Last edited by Nia; April 18th, 2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: I thought I was smaaaart.

lol isn't hufflepuff the house for completely boring people like Robert Pattinson???
    From the acceptance letter for Hufflepuff.

Hidden:
    Now, there are a few things you should know about Hufflepuff house. First of all, let’s deal with a perennial myth about the place, which is that we’re the least clever house. WRONG. Hufflepuff is certainly the least boastful house, but we’ve produced just as many brilliant witches and wizards as any other. Want proof? Look up Grogan Stump, one of the most popular Ministers for Magic of all time. He was a Hufflepuff – as were the successful Ministers Artemesia Lufkin and Dugald McPhail. Then there’s the world authority on magical creatures, Newt Scamander; Bridget Wenlock, the famous thirteenth-century Arithmancer who first discovered the magical properties of the number seven, and Hengist of Woodcroft, who founded the all-wizarding village of Hogsmeade, which lies very near Hogwarts School. Hufflepuffs all.

So, as you can see, we’ve produced more than our fair share of powerful, brilliant and daring witches and wizards, but, just because we don’t shout about it, we don’t get the credit we deserve. Ravenclaws, in particular, assume that any outstanding achiever must have come from their house. I got into big trouble during my third year for duelling a Ravenclaw prefect who insisted that Bridget Wenlock had come from his house, not mine. I should have got a week of detentions, but Professor Sprout let me off with a warning and a box of coconut ice.

Hufflepuffs are trustworthy and loyal. We don’t shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us.

However, it’s true that Hufflepuff is a bit lacking in one area. We’ve produced the fewest Dark wizards of any house in this school. Of course, you’d expect Slytherin to churn out evil-doers, seeing as they’ve never heard of fair play and prefer cheating over hard work any day, but even Gryffindor (the house we get on best with) has produced a few dodgy characters.

Which basically says "Yeah, everyone says they're boring, but we're not, honest!"

Really it boils down to "no one in the books was a hufflepuff except Cedric, so the fans have no ideas about them."

UGH I am in Hufflepuff. Never playing this horseshit again.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Really it boils down to "no one in the books was a hufflepuff except Cedric, so the fans have no ideas about them."
    Don't forget about Ernie Macmillan!

Wait who?

UGH I am in Hufflepuff. Never playing this horseshit again.
    And this is why Hufflepuff is trailing in house points.

I think it would be better accepted if it just had a more badass name.

Kinda surprised so many people are Hufflepuff on here. It seems pretty balanced on the site. Anyone want to go through what answers we all gave for the test?

As a Hufflepuff I'm offended by the fact that inbetween chapter scenes all have a background that is red, the color of GRYFFINDOR. It reeks of favoritism. I say to hell with them. To hell with "THE MAN". The proletariat will rise!

I like how both the slytherin and hufflepuff welcome letters both start out with " welcome to X house! Now I know what you're thinking..."

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Kinda surprised so many people are Hufflepuff on here.
    Lot of quiet geeks on here.

It seems pretty balanced on the site. Anyone want to go through what answers we all gave for the test?
    Well yeah, statistically its naturally going to balance out when you have 1.5 million people. Suddenly it takes a difference of *thousands* to change a %. (9 out 10 is 90%, 49 out of 50 is 98%, 99 out of 100 is 99%, but 199 out of 200 is still only 99%)

Ravenclaw is about 20,000 members behind all the other houses. And the biggest extremes, Ravenclaw has 358,212 and Gryfindor has 389,695 members. That's 31,000 difference! Not close or balanced at all.

It just *looks* balanced because the scale is so high. (And also makes it crazy that Ravenclaw is in second in house points. part of their nature! Griffindors haven't had a chance to stop a random monster to get an end-year bonus yet.)

This forum is naturally going to get a lot of overlap because a lot of us have similar personalities in the first place to seek out a OP board, and stick around to hang out with these sorts of people, and then go to a HP subthread.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I like how both the slytherin and hufflepuff welcome letters both start out with " welcome to X house! Now I know what you're thinking..."
    "Well, there's what Rowling had in her mind, and then there's what she actually showed as the norm in the books that fit Harry's perspective and narrative, that the fans have totally structured around..."

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Lot of quiet geeks on here.

This forum is naturally going to get a lot of overlap because a lot of us have similar personalities in the first place to seek out a OP board, and stick around to hang out with these sorts of people, and then go to a HP subthread.
    Yeah. That's about what I figured though I still find it strange so many people would get the same house out of questions that don't seem to talk about personalities all that much. It mostly just seemed like 'Do you want to go here?' 'What are you afraid of?'

I blame the Brown Owl.

Well yeah, statistically its naturally going to balance out when you have 1.5 million people. Suddenly it takes a difference of *thousands* to change a %. (9 out 10 is 90%, 49 out of 50 is 98%, 99 out of 100 is 99%, but 199 out of 200 is still only 99%)

Ravenclaw is about 20,000 members behind all the other houses. And the biggest extremes, Ravenclaw has 358,212 and Gryfindor has 389,695 members. That's 31,000 difference! Not close or balanced at all.

It just *looks* balanced because the scale is so high. (And also makes it crazy that Ravenclaw is in second in house points. part of their nature! Griffindors haven't had a chance to stop a random monster to get an end-year bonus yet.)
    I'm also curious how many people made multiple accounts to get in the house they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Yeah. That's about what I figured though I still find it strange so many people would get the same house out of questions that don't seem to talk about personalities all that much. It mostly just seemed like 'Do you want to go here?' 'What are you afraid of?'
    Subtleties. And pictures. It'd be boring if it was really obvious "well this is clearly for this group".

I'm pretty sure its the first question or two that weights it real heavily and after that its nuance or not important.... unless you give really conflicting answers, then it keeps asking hard things.

I REALLY can't figure out what "left or right" would do. "Dawn or dusk" sure, "heads or tails" (with picture!) sure... but... left or right?

I blame the Brown Owl.
    Watch what you're saying. All birds are innocent.

Always.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information