View Poll Results: Which house were you sorted into?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gryffindor

14 12.61%
  • Hufflepuff

25 22.52%
  • Ravenclaw

40 36.04%
  • Slytherin

32 28.83%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Fantastic Beasts 2: Grindelwald Boogaloo

Default Re: Pottermore: Harry Potter Online experience

While in high school, I was in Scholar's Bowl. This probably surprises nobody, but it's true. Anyway, one of my teammates had a habit during practice of just answering "blueberry muffins" to any bonus question that her team didn't know. Her reasoning was twofold; one, that it couldn't hurt since you wouldn't lose points for saying that on a bonus question and two, because you have to say something when attention is focused on you. Just randomly throwing something out there and possibly making somebody laugh is better than just sitting there quietly and waiting for time to expire or outright admit that you don't know what the hell you are doing.

What I'm trying to say here is that "Hufflepuff" is the Sorting Hat's "blueberry muffins."
    Complicating things since 2009.

Hufflepuff: The house destined to be extras

What are you most looking forward to learning at Hogwarts?
    -Every area of magic I can

Which road tempts you the most?
    -The twisting leaf-strewn path in the woods

Four boxes are placed before you. Which do you open?
    -The small pewter box, unassuming and plain, with a scratched message upon it that reads ‘I only open for the worthy’

How would you like to be remembered in history?
    -Being Good

Which do you find most difficult to deal with?
    -Being ignored

Dawn or Dusk?
    -Dusk

Heads or Tails?
    -Heads

Do you prefer the forest or the river?
    -River

You are walking and come to a crossroads. Which path do you take? (Apparently this one can be just two, or all three... and can also apply to the wand making question.)
    -The path that leads through a forest

What are you afraid of the most?
    -Heights

These were my answers~

I got sorted into Slytherin, my name is DraconisCloak29320 my wand is a 13in Sycamore surprisingly swishy with a Dragon core. And I have a Siamese cat.

Every time I take a Harry Potter quiz I wind up Slytherin lol.

Here are the questions I remember for being sorted:
    What power would you like to have?
    -The ability to change the past
    Which do you find most difficult to deal with?
    -Boredom
    Once every century, the Flutterby bush produces flowers that adapt their scent to attract the unwary. If it lured you, it would smell of...
    -Fresh parchment
    Dawn or Dusk?
    -Dawn
    Black or White?
    -Black
    You are walking and come to a crossroads. Which path do you take?
    -The path that leads to a castle
    What are you afraid of the most?
    -Small Spaces
    A troll blocks a bridge you and your friends must pass. He says you must fight him to get through, what do you do?
    -Try to trick him into letting you pass without fighitng

Not sure if I got any confused with the wand selection questions.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post
    Updating house count (and adding names, because I'm bored).

Hufflepuff: 10 (RobbyBevard, Crossword, Bobjr, Satsuki, Silent Klabautermann, Syan Strife, Sorikai33, bountyhunter, Zack, Kaiolino)
    Gryffindor: 3 (OnePark, Supa64, Nia)
    Ravenclaw: 3 (Marcello F, Aaronrules380, Ubiq)
    Slytherin: 2 (taboo, Sai-chan)

Go team Hufflepuff.
    Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    All of the best members are going to be Ravenclaw

Trust me on this.
    Honeybadger don't care! Honeybadger don't give a shit!

I started the game yesterday night and quickly made my way through chapter 1. Hadn`t any chance to play since then. I`m just a little bit confused. From the info on the Pottermore site, it seems like you`re basically playing through the book chapters, with stuff to click on and new information to find. But reading this thread, it sounds more like a massive Rpg, where you build your own character, have your own adventures and can interact with the other players. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    I started the game yesterday night and quickly made my way through chapter 1. Hadn`t any chance to play since then. I`m just a little bit confused. From the info on the Pottermore site, it seems like you`re basically playing through the book chapters, with stuff to click on and new information to find. But reading this thread, it sounds more like a massive Rpg, where you build your own character, have your own adventures and can interact with the other players. Weird.
    In the beginning you're just playing through the chapters and unlocking interesting bits of info and thoughts from Rowling, but once you get to Diagon Alley, get your wand, then get to Hogwarts and get sorted, then you can start doing more RPG-like stuff such as practicing spells and potions, and inviting your friends and dueling them, etc.

It's a little like a facebook game, only all done first-person. And way more detailed than a facebook game.

The questions are a bit interesting. When I was selecting stuff I choose left a couple different times. I went towards the ocean, the smell of the ocean lured me, and I chose a river instead of the forest. Confined spaced bothered me. Power was my main choice.

I wonder how they chose certain questions because I never got the Black and White one or the Dusk and Dawn.

I tried it again, just to see what I would get answering honestly, and I got Ravenclaw this time. But I did get a lot of situation questions, and picked the "smart" option rather than the ones that were either cheating, blindly rushing in, or doing nothing and hoping for the best. My new username is SickleBlade2688

Still have no idea what the Right or Left question means. Maybe since left means sinister that's a Slytherin choice?

My best guess is left/right is a weightless question for when the hat has already 100% decided what you are by question six, and doesn't want to throw it off by asking something loaded after.

Either that or there's something to "taking the second choice, rather than the first one presented."

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    My best guess is left/right is a weightless question for when the hat has already 100% decided what you are by question six, and doesn't want to throw it off by asking something loaded after.

Either that or there's something to "taking the second choice, rather than the first one presented."
    I honestly have no idea. My friend was taking the test last night, and she was given the "White or Black?" question. We were stuck for a while because we couldn't figure out if it was asking her what color she preferred, or what side she'd choose in a chess game (since it was pictured with a white and black king chess piece).

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I picked white because of the chess advantage.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I got placed into Gryffindor.

I wonder what the percentage is of people who sign up for this just to get as far as the Sorting hat minigame, then just stop. Like me.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I'll be honest, I currently have no real inclination to continue. I wanted to see what wand I'd get and what house I'd be placed in. Although I haven't looked around fully, so I may yet see something that catches my interest.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

I got into the Beta last fall. Great site but they need to find a better compromise between accommodating children and having viable outlets for chatting. Without a more robust community, people leave the game in droves after getting sorted.

Anyway, I'm ScaleFang206, Rowan wand with Dragon core, and Slytherin.

I tried the potion making...I have no idea how you're supposed to finish it. I always tun out of time cause I can't figure out if I need to stop stirring or continue to a particular number. Spell casting is kinda fun.

But yeah. I mostly just wanted to see what I would be sorted into and what my wand would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post
    I'll be honest, I currently have no real inclination to continue. I wanted to see what wand I'd get and what house I'd be placed in. Although I haven't looked around fully, so I may yet see something that catches my interest.
    One year 3 opens up there will be patronus' to get, but until then, that's pretty much the full ammount of interest for most people.

My flash player hates the site, so I couldn't do the games even if I wanted to.

Yeah. I got to about 100 points, and there's not really any type of minigame that's enjoyable enough for me to keep getting on it. As for exploration, it is technically encouraged to read the book while you're exploring it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    One year 3 opens up there will be patronus' to get, but until then, that's pretty much the full ammount of interest for most people.

My flash player hates the site, so I couldn't do the games even if I wanted to.
    Oh man....A Patronus? Guess I'm playing it for a little longer lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information