+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Default Re: Magi

Not even taking over the world, from what I interpret their goal is to plunge the world into darkness aka. simply turn everything shit for everyone

106 is out.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi/v11/c106/1.html
    It was kinda hard to understand it, but after I reread the last chapter it was a smooth reading.

It's so weird that it jumped from 105 to 111 then this week was 106 lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Magi updated to 107 today. Things are progressingly nicely.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post
    ^You stopped reading not because of an important aspect of the story becoming bad or stale (character, plot, etc.) but because of the introduction of a particular element that isn't even inherently detrimental unless in the hands of the wrong author? (so far Ohtaka has proven himself to be the right kind of author)

No offense but that's fucking stupid.

whoooooooa dude!

Resorting to insults because I dont like the same thing you do?

did me not liking a Japanese comic hurt your feelings THAT much?

I didnt know you were so sensitive, If I had known I would have kept my opinion to myself.

I deeply apologize for hurting your feelings, it wasn't intentional and in no way my disaproval of this Japanese comic book was meant to be a disaproval of you as a human being. I hope that in the future a person's dislike of something you like may not hurt your feelings so much as you get older.

Good Luck!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

the whole "dark secret organization trying to take over the world is just cliche and I just cant really take it seriously anymore. The story was perfectly fine with the koh empire bent on taking over just like any other empire in that time period would have. when Authors go the "evil organization that is pulling the strings of the primary antagonist.

its just a cop out on the authors part, to flesh out the motivations and assign responsibility to the role the antagonist plays, but instead that gets shuffled to the "evil organization that just wants to do evil therefore the koh empire(primary antagonist) is off the hook and the author doesn't really have to address them as a central point to the story.

also, the whole shadowy organization smells to high heaven of a prolonging device to keep the manga running as long as humanly possible instead of ending the story when and where it would be a logical place to end it, without resorting to tired cliches 1/4th of the way through the story. really, I could care less about al quaida, there is so much more to the story that the author could be focusing on right now (and for MANY years) without even mentioning the evil organization.

for an example of Antagonists done RIGHT, without some shadowy organization to let them off the hook, check out Issac Asimov's foundation series.

Also, if you please, may I ask what would you be able tell me "shadowy organization" trope in this story that would be done great enough for me to care about them, when just focusing on the koh empire, and it's magi be just fine? Maybe if the answer if something that may open my mind without using insults, or being all passive aggressive either the whole "What would you suggesst blah blah blah" question is a prime example of passive aggressive responses that litter forums when someone is offended by someone not liking the same thing they like, instead of just saying outright the good points of whatever the person didnt like that the person may not have seen (and may have his mind changed as a result) because said fan was reacting instead of enlightening. this behavior is seen on many forums, and is just as cliche as the shadowy organization that caused me to facepalm and stop reading.

so please, be a good poster and ENLIGHTEN others.

-Peace.

Dark side of the One Piece AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luphrecio View Post
    whoooooooa dude!

I didnt know you were so sensitive, If I had known I would have kept my opinion to myself.

I deeply apologize for hurting your feelings, it wasn't intentional and in no way my disaproval of this Japanese comic book was meant to be a disaproval of you as a human being. I hope that in the future a person's dislike of something you like may not hurt your feelings so much as you get older.

Good Luck!

the whole "dark secret organization trying to take over the world is just cliche and I just cant really take it seriously anymore. The story was perfectly fine with the koh empire bent on taking over just like any other empire in that time period would have. when Authors go the "evil organization that is pulling the strings of the primary antagonist.

its just a cop out on the authors part, to flesh out the motivations and assign responsibility to the role the antagonist plays, but instead that gets shuffled to the "evil organization that just wants to do evil therefore the koh empire(primary antagonist) is off the hook and the author doesn't really have to address them as a central point to the story.

also, the whole shadowy organization smells to high heaven of a prolonging device to keep the manga running as long as humanly possible instead of ending the story when and where it would be a logical place to end it, without resorting to tired cliches 1/4th of the way through the story. really, I could care less about al quaida, there is so much more to the story that the author could be focusing on right now (and for MANY years) without even mentioning the evil organization.

for an example of Antagonists done RIGHT, without some shadowy organization to let them off the hook, check out Issac Asimov's foundation series.

Also, if you please, may I ask what would you be able tell me "shadowy organization" trope in this story that would be done great enough for me to care about them, when just focusing on the koh empire, and it's magi be just fine? Maybe if the answer if something that may open my mind without using insults, or being all passive aggressive either the whole "What would you suggesst blah blah blah" question is a prime example of passive aggressive responses that litter forums when someone is offended by someone not liking the same thing they like, instead of just saying outright the good points of whatever the person didnt like that the person may not have seen (and may have his mind changed as a result) because said fan was reacting instead of enlightening. this behavior is seen on many forums, and is just as cliche as the shadowy organization that caused me to facepalm and stop reading.

-Peace.

Hey, aren't you the guy that wanted to enlighten everyone on Arlong park with your revolution thingy?
    I am the Walrus!

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

If it bothers you that much then I'll omit the last sentence (it's only there for effect anyway). I apologize if it was disrespectful. (though you could have done without the mocking)

I just thought it was really bizarre to suddenly quit a manga you LIKE because of a potential problem. However I didn't realize it ruined the WHOLE story for you.

You have low tolerance for cliches while I give them the benefit of the doubt it seems.
    Last edited by darktravis; June 8th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luphrecio View Post
    whoooooooa dude!

Good Luck!

-Peace.

I wasn't being passive aggressive when I asked what you would like to see in Magi. I was actually curious. Don't go attacking others for one person insulting you, that's not really much better. I don't have an issue with how the organization is mixed in with the Kou empire, so I just wanted to know what else you would prefer as a villain plot device in a manga.

I like how some of the Princess and Princesses are starting to change their minds about their methods of taking over. But a 100 something chapter manga is still fairly new, and not too much has been revealed yet about the people worshiping the Dark King. I like the new dungeon they came across, I like the mentors, and Sinbad. I find the pacing to be fine and the new weapons and upgrades the characters we've been with are getting. It feels like an RPG in many ways to me, which is what I wanted when someone first mentioned this in the Fairy Tail thread.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    It's so weird that it jumped from 105 to 111 then this week was 106 lol.
    111 has been out for a while. Someone did it way early when it was at like 97 or something.

Magi is actually at chapter 141, so sometimes other groups randomly do the later chapters since Sense-scans is only at 107.
    Last edited by mcdreamy; June 8th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Hey, aren't you the guy that wanted to enlighten everyone on Arlong park with your revolution thingy?
    Nah. That guy was lame.

I like that Sinbad's buddies are so awesome. They struggle for a bit, then lay down the law.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Since Sinbad has so many metal vessels, I wonder which djinns the other's household vessels come from. Tbh, I never really understood the household vessel concept that well and I can't tell if the djinn's power has an influence on what kind of household vessel power people get.

Yeah I'm probably going to have to re-read this to make sure I'm understanding the way it works correctly. Right now though, I'm just excited to see what Alibaba's Djinn equip will be like.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

I'm not sure if you guys have heard, but,
    Spoiler:
    MAGI IS GETTING AN ANIME!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More details will come out next week. This news was accidentally leaked on Whobby World Fair 2012's website.

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have heard, but,
    Spoiler:
    MAGI IS GETTING AN ANIME!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More details will come out next week. This news was accidentally leaked on Whobby World Fair 2012's website.
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

~My Harem, S-Rank~

109 is out
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi/v12/c109/1.html

Also

YES!
    Spoiler:
    By the looks of it, seems like the anime will cover it until Cassim's arc (I don't know the properly name) since it shows Alibaba using his fire sword, which is a good thing.
    Last edited by GJardim; June 24th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Dark side of the One Piece AfroSamurai's Avatar

Cool animation...
    I am the Walrus!

Soooooo goooooood~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information