+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi

Default Re: Magi

great. I've been waiting for a new anime to watch as all I've had was Zexal.

I just hope it doesn't get horribly butchered like the Toriko anime.

I don't see how it would get the Toriko treatment.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

http://www.mangareader.net/magi/110
    Spoiler:
    So appearently Alladin showed up as the fourth magi because Judal is begin used for the wrong reasons? I can only guess this.

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    Spoiler:
    So appearently Alladin showed up as the fourth magi because Judal is begin used for the wrong reasons? I can only guess this.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe...But I'm more interested in that one of the Magi is raising dungeons. That's pretty spiffy.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

this series is AMAZING, started reading it a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt stop, more so in the balbadd arc, there were so many climaxes and so many great moments.
    i love the characters, this is still a shonen so you have your usual kid with great potential however, instead of being a hot-headed like most others, aladdin behaves like a prophet in dire times.
    I know you can say morgianna is not an original concept, however, it is rare, the girl being the powerhouse of the group, and her whole personality, her stance is always firm, the foot stomping.
    not so keen of alibaba, but great story along with kassim (now his design i think its great, and the whole fog troupe too)

The rukh-magoi-magic stuff is nothing new, but here it actually has an important role in the story (since when did Ki actually matter to the story in mangas like DB?).

and of course sinbad, this must be one of the few times im completly clueless of a characters goals.

the art is beautiful and again i love how the authot uses the rukh in important moments to draw more dramaticaly.

to me this is like one piece (serious story told with a light mood, the art is not super serious) meets avatar (the elements thingy, aladin being oh so important to everything).

the only problem is that the releases wont be as standart as other series cause this aint that popular, oh well, heres to anxiously waiting for 115

I've been thinking about catching up with this for awhile. It looks pretty good.

read.

Quote Originally Posted by city_lights31 View Post
    I've been thinking about catching up with this for awhile. It looks pretty good.
    Do it, man. This series is so damn good. I like it much more than Hunter X Hunter already and I'm only like, what, 35 chapters in.

I seriously doubt I will like it more than HxH (which currently ranks as my number 3 Adventure Shonen ever, behind OP and FMA) but I will definitley catch up with this once I am caught up on Fairy Tail (*sigh).

read.

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I thought it was because of Aladdin's close relationship with Solomon - maybe he's a reincarnation or something.

There are 3 regular Magi, and then there's Aladdin who posses Solomon's wisdom, etc.

115 is out. Some interesting imagery in there.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

116 and 117 are out... 2 chapters in 2 days. Hopefully they keep this pace up.

Seems like things are about to get interesting
    Spoiler:
    Aladdin's going on another journey~ maybe we'll meet the 2 other magi

60 chapters in. Really loving this sereis. After plowing threw almost 300 chapters of Fairy Tail I almost forgot what it was like to love a series. Thanks to Magi for reminding me.

read.

Great series. Too much exposition at times but the characters and (almost Oda level) world building make up for it. They're so many directions the story can go in its fun seeing what happens next.

NNID: jervinnectar

Chills. That is the only thing that can describe what I'm getting from chapters in the 60's. I'm on 66 right now.

Fantastic series, thank god something useful came out of Fairy Tail even if it was just an offhand recommendation for this.

I'm up to date so yeah, read with caution.

Spoiler:
    Sinbad is a very scary wild card for me right now, as in daaaaamn, I have no idea whatsoever what to expect from him.

Caught up. Fuck yes! This series! Fuck yes! I happily place this on the very top tier of adventure manga that I've read. Fantastic series. Somehow it has storytelling sensibilities that remind me of Fullmetal Alchemist (another of my top tier adventure shonens). Interestingly both mangaka are females. Can anyone tell me why this series isn't scanlated weekly? Also, why hasn't this been released in English yet? Is it just not very popular?

read.

The panel composition in this manga is far too good.

If I wasn't so god damn busy setting up my web hosting I'd be done with it already. Very glad to see you placed it that high, citylights!

I just read the first 83 chapters in one go. I love this! Off to get some sleep now.

This is pretty awesome.. It's nice to see another shounen manga with an actual plot. Though I'm finding it hard to like Alibaba

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information