+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 341 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 6803

Thread: Magi

Default Re: Magi

^

Well, just read last dozen or so chapters. It wasn't all bad and there were some pretty strong moments.

It's a shame the last arc couldn't have been resolved properly. Ohtaka has aimed too high maybe.

Nice last chapter though. Alibaba gets married and everyone else becomes support cast. Then he and Aladdin go on some adventuresTHE END.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Yeah I just marathoned it too and the last volume's worth of chapters were not bad. A bit jumbly but there were a lot of strong noments and great art. It's a shame this last arc was so confusing as well as translations stopping for it at some point.

Yeah, I can accept this ending. In the end it is the right message, and had a few good last moments.

The weird thing is that the metal vessels went from 72 to around 25, how so?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Well, alls well that ends well.
    Just wished the final arc had some proper direction instead of being all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy with the ending. It wasn't the smoothest but the resolution made the most sense, a shame translations stopped for a while but I don't mind a quick binge

Personally, I don't like endings where the world loses what makes it interesting.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Spoiler:
    they lost the metal vessels but they didn't lose magic, and they recovered the creatures of the rift.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

They mentioned a lot the "16 king vessels" in these chapters.

- We had the 6 of Kou (Kouen, Hakuryuu, Hakuei, Kouha and Kougyoku) (9 djins)
    - The three of reim (Muu, Ignatius and Nerva Julius) (3 djins)
    - Sinbad and the Aliance the 5 (The queen of the woman country, the pharaoh of the sand country, the chieftain of the snow country, the knight king of the mountain country and the shogun of the japan country) (12 djins)
    - And Alibaba (1 djin)

That makes 16 (and 25 active djins), but in that count it doesn't make sense to include Sinbad because he's preocupied in something else.

But as he claimed 25, then I suppose that he was offering himself as well.

The wiki claims that Barbosa is also a king Vessel (and has evidence that I don't remember but can't denny), but it's all but certain to be dead in the present.
    Pokemon X

Ohtaka quite half assed it in that last chapter. Offering couple of superficial random resolutions, Aladdin included.

Like the optimistic tone, though.

Reading Sinbad is going to be strange now.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Wasn't a bad ending but it was underwhelming imo
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; October 11th, 2017 at 05:04 PM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

The thing is that once the brainwash was cleared, she didn't do anything that she didn't do better against the medium.

Sure, the "let's sacrifice ourselves" would be a great moment in a weekly read, but in the end it came down to "let's shoot very big magic at it, untill aladdin does something esoteric"

Heh, back during the Magnostad arc, they also did the count, 13 kings participated in that battle,

5 of the Kou, Zuko-Kou sitting it out
    Simbad+4 alied kings, Japanesse dude haven't been introduced
    2 of Reim, as Nerva was just as useless as now, and didn't count
    And Alibaba.

While Arba raising the question of the 72 stafs. I get it that we can't have that many characters, and even if we suddenly had the america or australia of the world, or more kings selected by Yunan in the dark continent, there's the place on the history that they would need, but I liked the concept..
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    While Arba raising the question of the 72 stafs. I get it that we can't have that many characters, and even if we suddenly had the america or australia of the world, or more kings selected by Yunan in the dark continent, there's the place on the history that they would need, but I liked the concept..
    I guess it was too much to expect she would have all 72 designed and thought out. With each having a relevant character, 2 areas of expertise and a nice ability.

It's not that I ever expected there would be 50+ king vessels, but it would have been nice to have them all shown somewhere, if only for the sake of a cool new profile pic, having something nice to draw or for various Which Djinn Are You quizes.

Maybe we'll see a couple more in Sinbad, though.

Speed read the last chunk of chapters. Despite everything I don't regret reading the series, just sad it didn't live up to my expectations. The Magi world got too big for the mangaka to handle, I wanted to dive more into it, specifically the characters. I feel so many characters got the shaft; Mor, the Reim metal vessels, the Ren household, and Sinbad's crew. I wanted to learn more about them, their relationships with each other, see them fight more, etc.

The final battle had some nice twists but it was your standard bad guy grows huge use let's work together cliche. Maybe if the battle wasn't focused almost entirely on Alibaba I'd like it more. I want to know how much the editors influenced the mangaka. Did she want to go in a different direction or did they force her to go the standard shounen route? Speaking of Alibaba, he didn't click with me as a protagonist. Didn't hate him but I could always take him or leave him. And why does Gyokuen Ren get to survive? She did a lot of evil crap and she gets to literally relive her life? Bullshit. Oh! And add Al-Thamen members who used to hang out with Solomen to the list of people I wanted to see in action.

Again, the series was a mixed bag. Do I regret reading it? No. Will I ever read it again? Only, the parts I like. My fault for expecting too much, I guess.

NNID: jervinnectar

She didn't "get" to survive, she was condemned to live as a person.
    Pokemon X

^That doesn't sound much better. She still gets to relive her life even though she caused wars, gleefully murdered people and generally dedicated her life to make as many people as possible miserable. I get the whole redeeming villain thing but did we even get that? I speed read the series after a while but is she even sorry? Sure, she's confused and pondering the rules of the universe, but I don't think Arba gives a damn about the lives she's ruined. The Magi equivalent of a slap on the wrist is all she got.

I don't know, man. Maybe Ohtaka did too good a job making me hate the character.

NNID: jervinnectar

She didn't get punished, but she can't go on doing her evil things, and killing her would risk releasing her soul again.
    Pokemon X

But is she still a mage?

The world simply reverted to pre-Solomon state and people can still manipulate magoi and use magic. As far as I could tell. That means the cyle is just going to keep repeating.

Maybe Arba is the next Solomon.

Maybe a singularity is just being born somewhere.

But this time they're not constrained by the abstract concept of destiny, whatever it is

I still remember the days were I thought Judar would be the end boss of all this.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    But this time they're not constrained by the abstract concept of destiny, whatever it is
    The landscape has changed, the metal vessels are gone and... that's it.

Sure, the current generation might not care about destiny, but what exactly makes the world safe against another singularity?

If there is no destiny, then another singularity can do shit. Like being able to see magic in a robot world.

Maybe Nerva just tossed her of the carpet and she is actually dead.
    Pokemon X

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information