+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 665: "Candy"

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKid View Post
    Wait are you saying he (Doflamingo) gave permission OR is who Caribou reports too? I think it was Doflamingo who gave the orders AND is working with Caribou
    I'd buy that Doflamingo is Caribou's superior, but he doesn't have any sway over G5's actions.

when will the next chapter be out?

Vergo Face: Successful! Waboshi's Avatar

I have 2 theories about how Zoros Team got beaten:

1. Sleeping darts. We know that they most likely wouldn't affect Brook so thats why Brooks sword is drawn but Zoros are still sheathed. According to this theory the Yetis have rifles on their backs.

2. Typical Sanji and Zoro arguing and getting hit unconscious while Brook alone didn't have a chance. According to this theory the Yetis has big wooden clubs on their backs.

-----------------------------------------------

Man, this arc is turning out really dark now. With all the drugs and human experimenting and shit.

Robin looks like Boa and Zoro looks like Smokey.

Wasn't it said that some parts of the island are still covered by poisonous gasses, or was it just the sea? The three could just walked into those area, got unconscious, then found by the bros.

...It may be possible that Sanji, being an idiot, may have tried to fight in his compromised state, and Zoro had to step in and take a hit to protect Nami's body. Actually the scenario may also work even if Sanji wasn't being an idiot. Everyone would have just been caught off-guard I guess.

Sanji's still an idiot though.

Some type of long-range knockout attack such as gas pellets is the most viable theory regarding Zoro's group, especially since the Yeti bros just kept on walking and left the three bodies lying in the snow (presumably to focus on Luffy's group, since he's the 400 mil bounty head). Had they fought, then the footsteps would've been more frenzied and spread out, as opposed to continuing on in a straight line. As others have said, Zoro and Sanji were probably bickering, which is why Brook was the only one who was alert enough to draw his sword...
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Ok ive had a bit of time to gather my thoughts since the spoiler thread, and some time to calm down :P. It is a shame magellan is no longer the warden, and also that he isnt on a redemption mission to recapture the inmates that escaped, but i guess i can be happy he isnt dead or anything like that. I do think its kind of odd though that his cover page wasnt for chapter 666 instead, unless they continue with a cover story of his own in the next chapter (please be true). I just really hope this isnt the last time we see him, theres just far too much potential to be had with him, and this little development is probably gonna make me have to reconstruct my whole campaign for this year. Well at least hes got sadie, and that kind of goes with the whole al bundy theme we had going, she really did end up his peggy haha.

Good chapter overall, I kinda figured the children would be experiments of some kind, the situation practically called for it to be true. I cant wait to see some of these crew interactions animated, robin's back and forth with franky about his use of choppers expressions should be a treat.
    lurking around Arlong Park between dumps
    ------

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    I do think its kind of odd though that his cover page wasnt for chapter 666 instead, unless they continue with a cover story of his own in the next chapter (please be true).
    Considering how creepy and dark this arc is becoming,
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter seemed appropriate for 666.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    Great chapter. It just keeps adding things to paint Caesar as a villain but the kids on drugs and Chopper getting angry are really nice touchs.

And about Mecha Magellan, I thought his horns were just an ornament. I mean, he plucked them off in the battle against Luffy, couldn't he get some new ones?
    They might cost a lot of money or he wanted to keep them because he has been using them since he was a warden so they just got them repaired.

I'm sure Yeti Brothers are for nothing in the 3 being defeated: I think Zoro and Sanji started to fight each other and Brooke tried to get in the middle and they ko'ed themselves.
    You know, Zoro probably made a joke on Sanji like "can you please show me your panties" and Sanji went berserk :-D

I propose a 3rd possiblity... the yeti cool brothers haoshoku haki'd zoros group may the shooting down of this theory BEGIN

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    Well at least hes got sadie, and that kind of goes with the whole al bundy theme we had going, she really did end up his peggy haha.
    Please, Magellan's not misogynistic (nor awesome) enough to be compared to the great Al "I once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game" Bundy...

Seriously, though, don't hold your breath for a cover story continuation that focuses on Magellan, at least not right now. There's always a break between cover stories, and chances are that Oda's going to show us Marineford and/or G1, judging by the way the current cover arc is progressing...

@Kurohige32: Honestly, it's so outlandish that it's not even worth contesting...
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

Well at least this chapter basically confirms that the rumble ball can be used to power points since guard point was alot smaller in the chapter than in 605.
    Zoro: "Hey do you need directions or something?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alek172 View Post
    ...It may be possible that Sanji, being an idiot, may have tried to fight in his compromised state, and Zoro had to step in and take a hit to protect Nami's body. Actually the scenario may also work even if Sanji wasn't being an idiot.
    that is the worst theory ever, it doesnt make any sense at all. Sanji would be far more worried about protecting Nami's body than Zoro. that goes without saying.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Oh god....
    Spoiler:
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrato View Post
    that is the worst theory ever, it doesnt make any sense at all. Sanji would be far more worried about protecting Nami's body than Zoro. that goes without saying.
    Then why did Nami trust Zoro to protect her body from Sanji being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alek172 View Post
    Then why did Nami trust Zoro to protect her body from Sanji being an idiot.
    oh god, did you even read the chapter? she sent Zoro just to keep them busy discussing, so Sanji wouldn't think about showing her panties to Brook or anything perverted.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKid View Post
    Wait are you saying he (Doflamingo) gave permission OR is who Caribou reports too? I think it was Doflamingo who gave the orders AND is working with Caribou
    Caribou is allied/works for Doflamingo just like Bellamy did he talked about passing the information on to his boss after he failed to get the treasure that was stolen back also don't forget Doflamingo wanted Crocodile to work for him as well he recruits pirates to get information/some of the money they make also the 7 warlords act as bounty hunters so they get some of the money when they kill or hand over wanted people so he could share the money with them instead of them getting nothing when they kill wanted people.

I think the reason Caribou went after the Strawhat's is because he would have looked good to Doflamingo because Bellamy was defeated by Luffy also Doflamingo might want to pull a Blackbeard which is why he is recruiting pirates i think he wants to take Big mom out because he is most likely a former member of Big mom's crew which is why he was offered the warlord seat also Kid might be Allied with Doflamingo as well and if he captures the mermaid princess he can use sea kings against big mom as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrato View Post
    oh god, did you even read the chapter? she sent Zoro just to keep them busy discussing, so Sanji wouldn't think about showing her panties to Brook or anything perverted.
    Zoro was busy discussing, discussing how Sanji is an idiot. When are you going to see the consistency. You're claiming Sanji would protect Nami's body before Zoro, yet he's smoking cigarettes with her body.

Honestly, your arguments are pretty weak.

now you are just pathetically changing the subject, since you missed the point entirely. Nami didnt send Zoro to be her bodyguard or anything, quite the opposite. she sent Zoro so Sanji would be in fighting-mode all the time.
    Last edited by Aldrato; April 29th, 2012 at 03:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information