+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 665: "Candy"

Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

i interpreted it as if the candy had the nhc10 in it and the check-ups were literally check ups to watch the effects the drugs were having.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.

I was shocked we had an early chapter, was waiting till it normally comes out but um thats fun. I for one enjoyed the chapter, did not expect Zoro/Sanji/Brook to get knocked out like that, they were clearly distracted before noticing what was about to go down. Either Zoro/Sanji/Brook will fight these guys or it will be up to Usopp??? Seems like some thing he'd be good to fight against, maybe it will be a team type thing? Guess will see. Some funny parts, Luffy and Robin made me laugh out loude the most, man I can't wait till the arc begins show us what Law's up to and if Smoker/Luffy will team up and whos fighting who, gonna be awesome! I'm really loving this arc.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Yeah I enjoyed the chapter as well. The ending was a bit suspect to say the least as the last time Zoro was down without a fight is when Luffy first met him, right?

With so many questions swirling about, it's good times for One Piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperkinetic Rabbity Thing View Post
    Yeah I enjoyed the chapter as well. The ending was a bit suspect to say the least as the last time Zoro was down without a fight is when Luffy first met him, right?
    Wrong, first off, we are not sure if its "without a fight", He isa ctually laying on top of his swords so it looks like has not drawn them but there is a slight chance its possible he did but is laying on top of one. It could have been a fight off panel, check out last page of the thread, someone already posted some fights were Zoro was taken out off panel.
    Rules of AP Forum=
    1. Doflamingo is behind everything.
    2. Because Haki is everything and anything. (credits to Shadowgreed)
    3. Everyone is a D.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Big Mom is Huge.
    Big Mom wants Candy.
    Kids get Big on Candy.
    Fishmen Island makes Candy.

I think this Candy is the big influence of this Saga (section of the new world) joining the Arcs together.
    I wonder if the Candy made on Fishmen Island is the reason Luffy might destroy Fishmen Island.

Hmmm lot to think about here.
    im surprised that that the chapter has already been leaked. now to wait for the next one, still about a week to go -__

no relation. big mom is big and has always been big.. perhaps since the day when the four emperors r still younger (and certainly the experiment by CC hasn't been developed).

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Wrong, first off, we are not sure if its "without a fight", He isa ctually laying on top of his swords so it looks like has not drawn them but there is a slight chance its possible he did but is laying on top of one. It could have been a fight off panel, check out last page of the thread, someone already posted some fights were Zoro was taken out off panel.
    I think he's refering to the very first arc where Zoro goes down because he hasn't eaten in days.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Default Re: I appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ilakassaa View Post
    I'm surprized, thanks!
    Next Stop: Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Yea. I haven't had any post in awhile, but today is the day I give my two cents on the chapter. We have the Yatti Cool Brothers taken out Zoro's team, but what really shocked me was Zoro was taken out without him drawing his swords. This is one of the oddest moments of the series because usaully Zoro swords be somewhere flying arond. Also is this the fiirst time a member/s were defeated off panel?.
    well if I remember well in Moria castel Zoro was kidnaped (kind of defeated to me) out of panel and without drawings his swords by some sneaky mice, didn't he?

Removed Mangastream's dead link from OP.

HTC - Hoje Tive C

I took it as the candy they take is simply to keep them addicted. If they are addicted and away from the drug, they will receive withdrawl and think that they are sick, and the /other/ medication they are being provided with is helping them feel better. This medication is mentioned by Brownbeard, as to Brownbeard and the kids, the candy is simply candy.

As for if this is the same candy from fishman island, it could be. If the candy factory was some drug front, and big mam was in that business I could understand that. However it seems big mam is sincerely a lover of sweets, and this could be coincidence. I'll have an opinion on this one after another read through of FI.

The kids however are able to relate the symptoms they receive of withdrawl to the candy which is also noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by kirei_lanford View Post
    im surprised that that the chapter has already been leaked. now to wait for the next one, still about a week to go -__

no relation. big mom is big and has always been big.. perhaps since the day when the four emperors r still younger (and certainly the experiment by CC hasn't been developed).
    There is still that chance that Big Mom and her "monsters" are people who ran away from Punk Hazard. And big mom is addicted to candy because it helps her get over the meth addiction. But that is just so dark, and would put CC in such a level of awfulness, that it just wouldn't fit on jump. But well, HxH got away with that crazy ant arc which goes from drug dealing and corrupt governments to napalm bombs...

Just think about it. CC's experiments would be the ultimate cause for creating a Yonkou, and he would be responsible for the destroyed islands.
    And that could actually make for some neat details such as "Big Mom's body is no longer able to move, much less fight. We just keep that fact hidden and fight for her, cause she saved us blablabla" and Luffy wouldn't have to defeat a Yonkou this early on.

Vergo Face: Successful! Waboshi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gotta<3OP View Post
    There is still that chance that Big Mom and her "monsters" are people who ran away from Punk Hazard. And big mom is addicted to candy because it helps her get over the meth addiction. But that is just so dark, and would put CC in such a level of awfulness, that it just wouldn't fit on jump. But well, HxH got away with that crazy ant arc which goes from drug dealing and corrupt governments to napalm bombs...

Just think about it. CC's experiments would be the ultimate cause for creating a Yonkou, and he would be responsible for the destroyed islands.
    And that could actually make for some neat details such as "Big Mom's body is no longer able to move, much less fight. We just keep that fact hidden and fight for her, cause she saved us blablabla" and Luffy wouldn't have to defeat a Yonkou this early on.
    Actually that would be an incredible twist to the story, it's not going to happen but it would be damn amazing if it did, specially the Big mam can't actually move and so on!

Nice little chapter. I do still hate personality changes but yeah. Kinda shitty plot still, awesome enemies. Little bit confusing chapter phasing. Maybe it gets better, chopper is awesome.
    ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ [Air Gear 243. The best. Chapter. Ever.]

Quote Originally Posted by Waboshi View Post
    Actually that would be an incredible twist to the story, it's not going to happen but it would be damn amazing if it did, specially the Big mam can't actually move and so on!
    while that would be a twist, i dont think its practical for one of the Yonkou to be subdued so easily by a little pussy no-namer like CC

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    a little pussy no-namer like CC
    What? Remember, he was once Vegapunk's partner. During that time, he destroyed an entire WG installation in the name of science, and was able to pin the incident on Vegapunk. He escaped from custody and is now performing intensive experiments on WG property, as well as kidnapped children. All of his crimes are covered up by somebody high up in the WG food chain, so much so that he can just kill VAs on a whim. He's a Logia who is so confident in his abilities that a combined bounty of 800,000,050 hardly phases him, he just pulls out the big(ger) guns. His own bounty isn't too bad either, it's the same bounty Luffy had after Enies Lobby. Wouldn't call him a no-namer, Smoker was well aware of him, and seemed intimidated by him.

It's also the most dangerous island out of the 4 choices they could pick from as their first island.

Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    It's also the most dangerous island out of the 4 choices they could pick from as their first island.
    There was a choice of 3 and PH is none of those. The Strawhats got off-route due to the whales.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    What? Remember, he was once Vegapunk's partner. During that time, he destroyed an entire WG installation in the name of science, and was able to pin the incident on Vegapunk. He escaped from custody and is now performing intensive experiments on WG property, as well as kidnapped children. All of his crimes are covered up by somebody high up in the WG food chain, so much so that he can just kill VAs on a whim. He's a Logia who is so confident in his abilities that a combined bounty of 800,000,050 hardly phases him, he just pulls out the big(ger) guns. His own bounty isn't too bad either, it's the same bounty Luffy had after Enies Lobby. Wouldn't call him a no-namer, Smoker was well aware of him, and seemed intimidated by him.

And he's supposed to be intimidating because of his intelligence and madness, not because of his strength. I doubt a Yonko like Big Mom would be dependant of a mad scientist with an inferiority complex.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/987...ece2972613.jpg

And he's supposed to be intimidating because of his intelligence and madness, not because of his strength. I doubt a Yonko like Big Mom would be dependant of a mad scientist with an inferiority complex.
    Please don't try to make me look like an idiot.

I'm just saying, he's not a "pussy no-namer". Sure, he's gonna get beat by Luffy, but so does everyone.
    Whether he's confident because of his power, or his weapons, or his underlings, doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    There was a choice of 3 and PH is none of those. The Strawhats got off-route due to the whales.
    It does not matter when they went to the surface of the new world they were right next to the island however Nami said they could have gone to one of the 3 island's but Luffy picked PH because the thing on Nami's arm said it was the more dangerous than the other three choices.

The Strawhat's had 4 islands to pick from when they went to the surface of the world and they picked the hardest one out of the 4 which normal pirates don't go to because fishman island does not point to it or its the most dangerous choice also the samurai seems to know the way back to his home island so the island does not even need to point to another island.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information