+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 558

Thread: Chapter 665: "Candy"

  1. #21

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    I think they're fakes made by the samurai!

  2. #22
    Partially insane Cymelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Big Mom is Huge.
    Big Mom wants Candy.
    Kids get Big on Candy.
    Fishmen Island makes Candy.

    I think this Candy is the big influence of this Saga (section of the new world) joining the Arcs together.
    I wonder if the Candy made on Fishmen Island is the reason Luffy might destroy Fishmen Island.

    Hmmm lot to think about here.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

  3. #23
    Charismatic Awesome Joy Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greece

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    About Magellan..It still says that he is the most reliable man in Impel Down.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Good chapter.

    -It's nice to see Magellan is okay, but hopefully we'll still see him again at some point.
    -The gag with Chopper making faces is hilarious, especially Robin's responses.
    -Ceasar is just a freaking asshole. I feel like the part with the kids was too long, but it was also necessary, especially with how harsh the drug thing is.
    -Still want to know why Law's working with this guy.
    -Why are Sanji, Zoro and Brook out, when they don't seem to be beat up? Maybe sleeping gas?

    So, good build-up chapter. This seems like a 20-25 chapter arc to me, looking forward to the fights and stuff going down.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post

    In the middle panel Chopper uses the word 覚醒剤 which aohige says it means strong stimulents like meth

    The word meth isn't specifically written in the chapter, but it's implied.
    By the way the formule for meth is C10H15N while Oda write NHC10, he erased the 15 and disordered the letters.
    Hmm, I see, so the "happy candy" would have to be amphetamines or whatever the correct translation for that word would be.
    Evidently he keeps them addicted and docile this way.
    Drawing is fun

  6. #26
    Noseless and Handless akagami7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    lugo or madrid, Spain

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Big Mom is Huge.
    Big Mom wants Candy.
    Kids get Big on Candy.
    Fishmen Island makes Candy.

    I think this Candy is the big influence of this Saga (section of the new world) joining the Arcs together.
    I wonder if the Candy made on Fishmen Island is the reason Luffy might destroy Fishmen Island.

    Hmmm lot to think about here.
    But if this candy and big mom candy are the same then Luffy is already drugged
    Spoiler:



  7. #27

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    I think they're fakes made by the samurai!
    Why would samurai make fakes, instead of Zoro and Sanji just fighting?
    Besides, he was nowhere near and his power was to create clothes, not copies of people.
    Drawing is fun

  8. #28

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Proof the samurai went outside is on page 1 so that means he could have made fake straw hats on the last page lol.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/665/2

    Why would samurai make fakes, instead of Zoro and Sanji just fighting?
    Besides, he was nowhere near and his power was to create clothes, not copies of people.
    His devil fruit can turn objects into anything that is not living and they were not shown moving so they could be just be dolls or whatever also it's not called the cloths cloths fruit lol.

  9. #29
    Kick back & relax FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Big Mom is Huge.
    Big Mom wants Candy.
    Kids get Big on Candy.
    Fishmen Island makes Candy.

    I think this Candy is the big influence of this Saga (section of the new world) joining the Arcs together.
    I wonder if the Candy made on Fishmen Island is the reason Luffy might destroy Fishmen Island.

    Hmmm lot to think about here.
    Oh right, Luffy's going after Big Mom. Forgot about her lol.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    Proof the samurai went outside is on page 1 so that means he could have made fake straw hats on the last page lol.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/665/2
    Sure, but why would he bother doing that? I can buy Brook and Sanji getting away from a fight, but Zoro?
    This raises more questions than it answers.
    Drawing is fun

  11. #31
    Partially insane Cymelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    But if this candy and big mom candy are the same then Luffy is already drugged
    Could be treated after?
    Hmmm you're right though - but I have a feeling there is more to the Candy then we think right now.

    Wait with the timeline - didn't Luffy only consume it a day ago?
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

  12. #32

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    Given Caesar's manipulative nature displayed so far, I think it's likely he is promising (possibly falsely) something to Law in exchange for his services on the island, probably to do with Law's crew.
    Yeah I think it could have something to do with Law's crew I mean I don't see Law as a person who would voluntary cooperate with guys like Ceasar.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    Sure, but why would he bother doing that? I can buy Brook and Sanji getting away from a fight, but Zoro?
    This raises more questions than it answers.
    So that people have something to talk about until the next chapter comes out which is same reason Luffy had more than 1 chapter to try and save Ace.

  14. #34
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Squawk

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    When did Robin become Hancock?

  15. #35

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    So that people have something to talk about until the next chapter comes out which is same reason Luffy had more than 1 chapter to try and save Ace.
    What kind of logic is that?
    Them being knocked out by gas is a far more simple reason than them uncharaecteristically hiding from enemies and samurai making fakes that the Yetis ignore for some reason.
    Drawing is fun

  16. #36

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    What kind of logic is that?
    Them being knocked out by gas is a far more simple reason than them uncharaecteristically hiding from enemies and samurai making fakes that the Yetis ignore for some reason.
    The yeti's that are hunting the strawhat's might have found out they were fake which is why they did not pick the body's up to take to their master also they might have just tripped over in the footprints and the brothers are ahead of them because they're giant i have fallen in holes in the ground that i have not seen before as well.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    But if this candy and big mom candy are the same then Luffy is already drugged
    Maybe luffy is immuned to the candy drugs? He's the only one eaten it afterall.

  18. #38
    Noseless and Handless akagami7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    lugo or madrid, Spain

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Could be treated after?
    Hmmm you're right though - but I have a feeling there is more to the Candy then we think right now.

    Wait with the timeline - didn't Luffy only consume it a day ago?
    yes, I guess he could still show the symptoms later, but I find it very unlikely.


  19. #39

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    yes, I guess he could still show the symptoms later, but I find it very unlikely.
    Pretty sure Neptune wouldn't feed his people's saviors a few tons of drug-laced candy, come on guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    The yeti's that are hunting the strawhat's might have found out they were fake which is why they did not pick the body's up to take to their master also they might have just tripped over in the footprints and the brothers are ahead of them because they're giant i have fallen in holes in the ground that i have not seen before as well.
    Then what the heck are the fakes needed for at all if the real straw hats are hiding?
    You're just clinging to the idea that samurai made those bodies and trying to come with reasons for it, none of which make sense.
    Drawing is fun

  20. #40
    Noseless and Handless akagami7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    lugo or madrid, Spain

    Default Re: Chapter 665: "Candy"

    Quote Originally Posted by fullscalenuclearwar View Post
    Maybe luffy is immuned to the candy drugs? He's the only one eaten it afterall.
    We know he's inmune to poison, but drugs aren't poison. There would have to be a very good reason for him to be inmune to drugs which we haven't been shown yet, so I doubt it.


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts