+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts next

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts next

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Tons they can do. Tangled and Princess and the Frog would both work so easily. Kinda feel Bolt could too if they based it on the movie's movie. Atlantis and Treasure Planet could work too. Did we see Pocahontas too? Air Buddies kinda could work too.

And it's only a matter of time before we see High School Musical level.....
    I don't know, why not just DO SOME DAMNED FINAL FANTASY LEVELS.

Why in the world is the Square/Disney crossover so bloody Disney?

(venting not directed at you, Robin)

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I don't know, why not just DO SOME DAMNED FINAL FANTASY LEVELS.

Why in the world is the Square/Disney crossover so bloody Disney?

(venting not directed at you, Robin)
    Thats funny because most people complain that KH now is all "Square bullshit".

The Characters are Square. Worlds are Disney. Simples.

Now that we have World Ends With You I'm expecting the next game to include Kaine, Emil and Weiss at the very least.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Even the characters hardly get any play. In KH1, they basically popped up to say hi to their fans then moped around and contemplated their deep issues for the rest of the game. KH2 tried to give the yaoi crowd the whole Cloud+Squall fight, but even then, the Square folks were largely peripheral.

There's a lot of room to play there instead of the same Alice in Wonderland/Peter Pan/Nightmare Before Christmas retreads.

KH should expand what it attempted to do in BSS and make some platforming elements in worlds. It was nowhere near potentially good as it was in the first game, but anything beats the striaghtforward guantlet styled gameplay that KH2 consisted.

It was also a huge improvement that BBS got rid of mashing buttons for Reaction Commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    This post, I highly disagree with it.
    It's my dream to make a post you agree with.
    It's my dream

Kingdom Hearts 1 was the only game I enjoyed. It had a heightened sense of adventure and discovery with a very non-combat oriented approach. The combat itself I found fun and I prefered it, clunkier or not.

The second game felt like setpieces to action and I disliked all the triangle actions and how it just felt like a different style of game.

That's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, 1 was an adventure game, 2 was an action game. There's no denying 2 improved the gameplay a lot tho.

The gameplay in KH2 honestly left a bad taste in my mouth. And that's aside from the Hades Cup Arena, which was kinda fun as the battle system sorta demanded heavy shit to be constantly thrown at you(it's seriously unbalanced during the main game as Sora feels ridiculously overpowered with a clusterfuck of damaging AoE skills with no cost to execute them).

BBS was interesting because it balanced the overpowered skills into individual classes that power you up temporary. The Deck system is great too, and I'd like to see it again with more ways to mix recipes to make a completely unique attack setup. I don't know man. BBS just improves KH2's idea for a battle system in about every level. The only downside was the Shotlock system. It was an improvement in ranged attacking(like KH2's Wisdom Form), but hell... it depletes certain boss's health bars like they were fodder.

Another downside is the unfun optional bosses. They were just... really bloody hard. Not challenging, but HAARRD. You have many deck setups and 99% of them are useless agianst these guys.
    Last edited by Hiroy; May 3rd, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Yeah I had more fun with the gameplay in the first game, no questions about it.

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Saying it's better than Days and Re: coded isn't saying much at all, I would say it is onpar with Chain. It's classic Kingdom Hearts, but it has nothing going for it, it is the same shit all over again except now downsized and exclusive to a handheld device. I've had to force myself to play it each and every time.
    Well, considering since I have never played the actual console games and have only played the peripherals...That may be why I like it so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

I really hope its 3, if not I'll continue not playing and being angry. Why angry? Because to me, they've wasted great potential Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds on handheld games. There's still the possibility that we can travel to worlds like Lilo and Stitch, but the original plotlines are out the door I assume. (This all of course relies on the assumption that Kingdom Hearts III will be made or made before I die.)

The game won't be III. That team is working on versus XIII, and at this rate, we're likely to see the ending to One Piece before that game finally comes out. I wish it were though, as it would prolly end the series already, and the series really needs to just go away now. The only good games are the first one and BBS, and the plot and characters are convoluted as all hell. Part of the original game's charm was seeing Square characters interact with Disney characters and worlds. It doesn't really have that charm at all anymore. And the gameplay has become entirely unlikable and uninteresting. Just a terrible and soulless button masher Nomura fanservice series now. It's a shame what happened to this series. Hopefully they get their act together for KHIII.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam
    I'm not supposed to be a kid, but I'm an idiot.
    | ( ◡)| & (❍ᴥ❍ʋ )

I might be in the minority here but, I felt KH 1 was vastly superior to n2 in terms of gameplay. As far as I remember, the whole "game" aspect of n2 was pushing the analog stick foreward, and mashing the "X" button. KH 1 was more, waaay more than that.
    Plus 2 had that annoying trait of Square games where they give you a shitload of abilities, summons etc, but you never ever need to use them, as focusing on basic attacks is all what's needed, and the most productive.

Anyway, I know this series gets a lot of shit, and I can't say I don't see where people are coming from, but I always have a soft spot for it. I think one reason is that the french dub is superb, vastly superior to the english and japanese ones. The voices really make the characters extremely charming, and they feel like engaging kids (except Roxas of course). Still pissed they kept the english dub for BBS too.

All in all, I'm kinda looking foreward to this. Hopefully it won't be BS like that 300 days thing on the DS. Was so bored with it I didn't even finish it.
    Last edited by The Fed; May 4th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Definitely agree, KH 1 was the best game in this series by far and it's completely fallen off a cliff and up its own ass since.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    And the gameplay has become entirely unlikable and uninteresting.
    To you or the entire fanbase who are still waiting on pins and needles for the third game.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Hopefully they get their act together for KHIII.
    Given how fickle gamers can be they can and people will still complain about the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    To you or the entire fanbase who are still waiting on pins and needles for the third game.

Given how fickle gamers can be they can and people will still complain about the series.
    @First line: To me. I do know a lot of people who think similarly though.

@Second line: Very true, lol.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam
    I'm not supposed to be a kid, but I'm an idiot.
    | ( ◡)| & (❍ᴥ❍ʋ )

For me KH IIs gameplay really fell apart at the Battle Of a 1000 Heartless. I was so pumped, and for the first few seconds it's fun to massacre them by pressing triangle -but then you realize that theres absolutely no consequence of spamming it, no challenge to the fight, and by the time you abandon triangle in order to get at least a little resistance from the enemies, more than half their army is gone. The entire game was just so aggravatingly easy. Fewer commands though it may have, I'd take KHs fights any day since winning them at least gave you some feeling of acomplishment.

As for the plot...I waited patiently until the very end for the explanation as to why I should give a shit about beating organization XIII. And it turns out it's not in order to save the universe, in order to avert some huge disaster or sinister scheme, according to Riku it is litterally just

"Because you mess up our worlds!"

Really.
    Not "destroy". Not "Take over". Not "a great threat to the safety of". You fight Xemnas because he's an annoying inconvenience to the worlds. Really?

With Xehanorts Heartless at least he was going to "plunge the universe into Darkness with the godly power of Darkness lololol" or something like that, but It's amazing how few fucks I gave about Xemnas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I actually liked the mini game they did for the little mermaid world in KH2. Mostly because I super hated everything about it in the first game lol. I thought it was neat to have a music battle, cause when I think Disney, I think songs and stuff.
    I'm sorry but (skip to 10.30)

No. Atlantica in KH II was horrible. And the plot was just so stupid; yeah they went closer to the movie, but that meant they had Ursula return from the dead...somehow, and Ariel choosing to trust her...for some reason. So stupid.
    No, I quite liked the "free-flight" aspect of Atlantica in KH; the fights against Ursula, Chernabog and the Phantom are among my favourites in that game.
    Last edited by Daz; May 6th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

If you think mashing Triangle made the 1000 Heartless fight easy, try doing without it.
    I just tapped X and mashed the lock on button with my toes blindfolded throughout the whole thing.
    I'm serious. I actually did this.
    Attack>Explosion Finish
    Attack>Explosion Finish

I didn't have a blindfold, but I closed my eyes and pictured myself playing KH1.

Speaking of KH1, I know I've said this in another KH topic but I found the game to be more frantic than the others. Like Daz said, I really loved Atlantica. From the exploring, the optional boss encounters with the shark, and the two fights with Uruala(the second one being my favorite). I also really liked every single moment in Hallow Bastion. It really had a strong "beginning of the end" theme to it.

I remember losing to the final boss because I thought I had to alternately press X and triangle when Xemnas fires a gazillion lasers at you.
    Next time I just mashed triangle, and suceeded.

Whoop Whoop.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/08...-to-a-console/

Kingdom Hearts series creator Tetsuya Nomura has explained that he’s now ready to return the Kingdom Hearts franchise to its console roots.
    Well...I think this is a good thing.

Nomura also stated that he still has an interest in HD versions of the previous Kingdom Hearts games and he is “currently researching them”.
    And for those who mentioned the HD collection

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information