+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 667: Cool Fight

Default Re: Chapter 667: Cool Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Existentialist View Post
    I'm more inclined to agree with your first theory....
    2nd one seems almost like an attack towards Oda
    Not my intention to attack Oda, I love the man. It's just hilarious that when he makes a mistake (and let's be honest, he makes them), he just makes some incredibly funny stuff on the spot to cover for it. . .and turns it into a plot element later on (for reference, the "super floaty wood"). It was more praise than anything else.

But, that being said. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Primo11 View Post
    Please, people who don't see laws room.. Look again. Page 16 panel 3 right beside scotches speech bubble.
    . . .that. As I've said before and as it's already been pointed out, Law is indeed using room already before cutting Scotch in half. It's just kinda hard to notice.

Has anyone else already pointed out that Scotch´s shadows looks a lot like Akira Toriyama mangas persona? Or maybe it´s just me...

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets.
    Minimal Posting (tired of infractions. If you need something use skype or PM me).

As Mihawk said at Marineford, Luffy's strongest ability is attracting strong people as his allies. (or something like that) It's in his nature. Why would people say that its not in Luffy's character to accept allies? He already have 4 kingdoms as his alliy. Law would be his 4th ex/active shichibukai ally if it happens. meh~

About the fight: it just makes me feel more sad about Sanji, Brook and Zoro being KO'd so easily. I hope they have a good excuse for that.

they were probably puppets created by Kinnemons 'magic'

Maybe Sanji figured something out about Punk Hazard and didn't have the time to go fight the Cool brothers because he came up with some kind of elaborate plan or they were taken by surprise by some sleeping gas (again) but dead they aren't

It seems pretty clear that Law is planning something beyond making a foothold in the New World and taking out one of the Four Emperors. I would imagine Kidd or someone else would want to become one of the Four Emperors and perhaps Law would want to as well. However, for the most part, being one of the Emperors seems to be more of an endgame goal of security and power rather than far-reaching goals. Unlike most of the other Supernovas, however, it seems Law is the biggest mastermind of them all. He is the only one that decided to hold off diving into the New World and has some sort of calculated goal in the long run outside of kicking ass and becoming a kingpin. The One Piece treasure is a good guess, but perhaps something deeper.

Luffy seems like someone whom he may have had plans for early on by going completely out of his way to rescue him, which could have also damaged his chances of becoming a Shichibukai, which itself seems to have been crucial in both finding and remaining on Punk Hazard undetected for some sort of item or technology. Finding Cesar Clown was obviously unexpected and just an alliance out of necessity. I doubt Laws crew is in any danger and is more likely on "stand-by" awaiting the next phase in Law's plan.

However, did Law expected to see Luffy on Punk? I'm pretty sure he didn't and was originally waiting for news from the news-coo (or however Clown/Law get the newspapers on PH) on Luffy's inevitable emergence in the New World and contact him soon afterward. However, Luffy does stumble upon the island and Clown makes contact beforehand, eventually causing the crew to scatter. Further complicating this is Luffy luring Smoker to the island, exposing illegal activities on the island and Law's relationship with Clown. His surprise to seeing the Strawhats on the island says it all--probably leading him to do the personality switch as sort of a punishment (or knee-jerk) for Franky, Nami, Chopper, and Sanji blowing his cover in front of Smoker and the G-5 crew. After Clown confirmed to have sent the Yeti Cool Brothers to assassinate the Strawhats, it seems Law took that time to stop the YCB and meet Luffy with his proposal.

This alliance is a pretty big deal since it does seem to mark the end to his alliance with Clown. It also seems to further dimish his chances of remaining a Shichibukai, though if Hancock can keep her title after all she did, perhaps Law can too. I'm most curious, assuming Luffy accepts, as to how well and how long they can get along. Law's pirating methods can be pretty cold-blooded compared to Luffy, and Luffy is not one to follow advice if he disagrees--e.g. Jinbei telling Luffy not to attack Hody. Also, what's going to be done about all of those heartless bodies in deep-freeze on the island? And how the deuce will the Strawhats be able to stay on Kinemon's good side once they team up with the man that diced him up? I expect a fair amount of conflict and (best of all) more personality switching

What's with people saying that Law didn't put up his room when he cut Scotch? On the page on which he did so, you're able to see the edge of his room in the panel where Scotch says "'Y...You're here! Good timing!". Beside the speech bubble, you see it.

My theorie is pure logic: Law is searching for some kind of candy or meal who can make Big Mam weak and then attack her. The problem with Big Mom is her fruit and body, she can support all kind of poisons and her weak point are candies...and her nature/wood fruit!! :P There are a lot of pirates who follow her, and it's too hard to approach her with a litlle crew. Law strategy is to take down every Yonkou and create chaos in the New World so he can find One Piece while other pirates are focusing on taking the places of the Yonkou. He made researches of what are the weak points of the Yonkous -he used the Shichibukai title to obtain information about the strongest pirates, their fruits etc.. and the government cant interfere- and knows that the only way to approach 3 of the 4 Yonkous (Shanks, BB and Big Mom) are with Luffy. Shanks because he's his friend, BB because he killed Ace, and Big Mom (he will know that after the candy problems in fisherman island).

I bet that when they leave they will sick Smoker on CC .

I bet Luffy's gonna tell Law that he already declared war on Big Mom.
    Laws reaction face would be hilarious.
    Reading : Homunculus, Blade of the Immortal
    Watching : Beelzebub, Slam Dunk

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    As I've said before and as it's already been pointed out, Law is indeed using room already before cutting Scotch in half. It's just kinda hard to notice
    I never noticed until someone pointed it out as well. OP sure does demand a reread sometimes.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Oh my GOD did this chapter have me rolling! Oda is the damn MAN! He is using this body switching thing to the utmost, and I'm loving every bit of it. Nami calling them perverts while inside the body of a pervert, and Franky abusing Chopper's Monster Point and then getting the shit beat out of him by Luffy = WIN. And Luffy biting the chain with his mouth is so classic One Piece.

And of course the cliffhanger at the end. I can't wait to see what Law has up his sleeve.

This chapter was cool. Coolcoolcool.
    Ganzbino

IMO it could be Kaidou too for 2 reasons:

1. As well as Moria, Law seems to have lost his crew (to Kaidou?).
    2. PH is just like Kaidou's theme so far "technological-future-like", so maybe the key on PH is the key to take down Kaidou.

Luffy might agree anyway with him if he says:
    "Help me with BM and I'll help you with Kaidou.

No matter which Yonkou it is, I now can c why Law saved Luffy back then. It's like an "argument" if he wants to debate with Luffy.
    Sum known Yonkou-theories that have my full support:
    Hidden:
    -BigMam (PIC) is Lola's mom, her initial colour is green
    -Kaidou is Franky's dad, his initial colour is blue
    Here my link to this theory

Haha, Scotch on the Rocks. Nice pun Oda.
    The Real Fighters!

Hey, wouldn't it be hilarious if one of the Yetti Brothers has a face similar to pandaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post

2. PH is just like Kaidou's theme so far "technological-future-like", so maybe the key on PH is the key to take down Kaidou.

No matter which Yonkou it is, I now can c why Law saved Luffy back then. It's like an "argument" if he wants to debate with Luffy.
    I very much doubt that. Ther eis nothing to suggest we'll be seein Kaidou anytime soon. It all seems to be pointing to a show down with Big Mam with all that happenned on Fishman Island, and them saying how Kidd has been taking out their allies/ships...

I really don't get how Kaidou has any revealed theme. We just saw 1 Island so far, where he likes to hang out, and with some guy with some weird mask and a gun thing attachment to his arm....thats hardly proof of anythin atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I bet Luffy's gonna tell Law that he already declared war on Big Mom.
    Laws reaction face would be hilarious.
    Would be interesting to find which Yonkou Law targeted is.
    His temporary alliance with CC (the candy and such) pointed to Big Mom, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post

I would love if Law+Luffy are planning to take down Kaidou and Big Mom.
    I guess Law's crew were either destroyed or captured by Big Mom or Kaidou. But when he said he's planning "to take back something", I would think the crew were captured by one of the Yonkou. The question is which Yonkou?

It seems that Kid Pirates are having fun atm with Big Mom so it would suggest Law's Crew were pretty weak if they were captured by Big Mom.
    So I would prefer the one that destroyed and captured Law's crew would be Yonkou Kaidou. And Law was planning revenge with CC until he saw a better prospect in Strawhat Pirates.
    Law saved Luffy life once so he might want to return the favor.

luffy: I already promised the yonkou big mam that I'd kick her ass and take FI as my turf
    law:*eneru/perona/jinbei reaction face* eeeh?
    what if Cc or law have an invitation to big mams party on full cake island? I don't know why she'd invite a shichibukai or a mad scientist but yea

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohige32 View Post
    what if Cc or law have an invitation to big mams party on full cake island? I don't know why she'd invite a shichibukai or a mad scientist but yea
    Unlikely for Law. He has been harassing Big Mom's ships for a while now.
    Currently playing Brave Frontier.
    PLAYER ID: 8388830458 | IGN: Tygsgg
    Leaders: Lodin, Zebra
    Add me guys!

I said this last week and no one gave a fxck. And I'll say it again until someone does. His name isn't 'Rock' it's 'Loch' like a Scottish (Hence 'Scotch') lake.

EDIT: But fxcking yes Law. That's the fxcking point. Unless it's Shanks o' course. It can't be.

RE-EDIT: Bases, it's gotta' be Big Mom. Law's was the only other Supernova who actually got involved in the war, and must've seen the LuffyXShanks connection, surely. In reality, we know nothing of Kaidou, and BB and Shanks' roles'll develop later in the story. If any Yonkou's gonna' go, it hasta' be BM.

Really feeling this SH+Sun Pirates+Heart Pirates alliance that was mentioned above. Even more so if Kidd & co. turn up just to fxck things up. It'd be the maddest shxt. And yes, an Alliance'd really help to overcome the fact that the SH're probably still unable to defeat a Yonkou on their own. Drag along 2 Shichibukai and everything'll be just fine.
    Last edited by BinSquarr; May 18th, 2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: actually finished the chapter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information