+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda´s tributes to another Mangas, mangakas, celebrities...

Default Re: Oda´s tributes to another Mangas, mangakas, celebrities...

this thread is a must see, nice collection.

Oda's Kenshin tribute :

Apparently the fans don't like it : http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...enshin-tribute

I really don't see any resemblance to Zoro in this. Especially the eye shapes and pupils are definitely different(bigger) and his face is rounder than Zoro's.
    Where the hell did the author of the article take that opinion out of anyway? Isn't it just his own? Ah, well that's just internet articles, I guess. All these illustrations look really cool, I like the different various styles that have been used with different illustrations.

I don't see any resemblance to Zoro or Nami (seriously ?) too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Where the hell did the author of the article take that opinion out of anyway? Isn't it just his own?
    Here i think : http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/11/0...lting-at-best/
    But this is only one opinion. I don't know who are those "fans" they talk about.

"Cosplaying as Kenshing".

And then, the article shamelessly rips this very thread that redon created (and it's also at raftel forums, but it's also created by him).

Sure, the value of it, is?. . .

The tribute is not bad itself, it just doesn't look like Kenshin. Big fucking deal. The black and white contrast, on the other hand, is awesome.

I wonder from where is this picture, I want the book :)

I like Oda tribute, it´s his own style and I love it ^^

Damn it,dat Zaku!

I really wouldn't mind a mecha series from Oda,but I'm sure tons of /m/ kind of "conservatives" would intantly rip it to shreds for being "too cartoony".

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    Damn it,dat Zaku!

I really wouldn't mind a mecha series from Oda,but I'm sure tons of /m/ kind of "conservatives" would intantly rip it to shreds for being "too cartoony".
    Who says One Piece won't have a mecha arc?

Anyway, I love all of his tributes because I love his style. Thats what a tribute is, an artists using their style to show appreaciation for something. Haters gonna hate.

I think Oda's Kenshin looks way better than the original. Besides, if I wanted to look at art that exactly emulated the original style, I would look at the original art. It's good that it looks different.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

LOL, dumb fans be dumb. Every author has his/her own style, of-fucking-course the characters they're paying a tribute to will definitely look like some of their own manga characters.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Admittedly, I'm not wild about it either, but I certainly don't see much of a resemblance to Zoro...or Nami for that matter. Zoro's far from the only character in the series to scowl like that.

Also, isn't that Final Fantasy picture actually just part of a fan art dolled up to look like various manga artists' styles?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

redon, I have the book. If you'd like to know more about it you know where to contact me.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

LOL i actually think its better than the original kenshin , never was a fan of kenshin design but oda's looks really good (at least to me it does) .

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not wild about it either, but I certainly don't see much of a resemblance to Zoro...or Nami for that matter. Zoro's far from the only character in the series to scowl like that.

Also, isn't that Final Fantasy picture actually just part of a fan art dolled up to look like various manga artists' styles?
    When I read them mention the Nami resemblance I legit laughed my ass off. I was like, where?

And yeah, the Final Fantasy one is a fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroFTW9 View Post
    LOL i actually think its better than the original kenshin , never was a fan of kenshin design but oda's looks really good (at least to me it does) .
    Same here, and I'm a bit of a Kenshin fan.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

I saw a little of Nami in it but not enough to call him out on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."

Oda's tribute is definitely not the Kenshin we know so I am not surprised a lot of fans don't like it.
    I don't see much of Zoro in it either rather it resembles more an angry Luffy. However, the apparent similarity to a OP character isn't the issue here as Oda's tributes always carry his OP drawing style in them. It is just, as I already said, not the Kenshin with the personality we know from the manga, anime or even the dark and emotional anime movies.

P.S.: I also see a little of Nami in those eyes
    Last edited by dial; November 9th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

is it me or oda's jotaro looks like michel jakson

For me, a tribute to another Mangaka is not trying to draw his character while imitating his art or style but rather draw the Mangaka´s character in your own style. Whether or not it looks better than the original is debatable and a matter of opinion but the tribute itself is in no way bad, bold and insolent or insulting to Watsuki or his character.

If fans are in a rage cause this tribute looks nothing like the original. . . .

Then what happened to the Naruto fans when Oda did that tribute? Did they send him death threats or what? Cause if the issue here is "it doesn't look nothing like the original". . .

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    redon, I have the book. If you'd like to know more about it you know where to contact me.
    Thanks Greg, I always can count on you. I´ve sent you a PM in Facebook :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information