+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 673: Vergo and Joker

∞ Samus Returns ∞ Deviant_Mugen's Avatar

Default Chapter 673: Vergo and Joker

It's out on Mangapanda and Mangareader, good folks.

Mangapanda

Mangareader
    Last edited by Deviant_Mugen; July 4th, 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Default Re: Chapter 673: Vergo and Joker

Fro some reason Smiley reminds me of Kogmaw the way he spits smaller slimes like that.

so, Doflamingo is joker ! congrats to the people who predicted that.... but now i have the feeling since doflamingo is in control and he told the WG that he ''killed'' Moria, will we see moria again ? is he a part of ''Jokers'' Army ?
    and about a fight between the strawhats and Doflamingo i think somehow that Sanji ends up fighting him!, in a way that Doflamingo controlls them, and he wants sanji to attack nami and his will is so ''STRONG'' not to kick a girl that he breaks free :P.

Your toughts?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Just a note on MangaPanda's translation: They seem to have made the same mistake that was made with Drake's rank.
    The new G5 character, whose name means "too much", is actually a rear-admiral. Commodore is a different rank in OP.

I still think Doflamingo will be the new yonkou because he wanted to team up with Crocodile and he showed interest in Luffy so it makes sense for him to use Law's plan and to team up with Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Just a note on MangaPanda's translation: They seem to have made the same mistake that was made with Drake's rank.
    The new G5 character, whose name means "too much", is actually a rear-admiral. Commodore is a different rank in OP.
    Yeah Smoker was a commodore, so I was thinking that was odd. Rear admiral is right below vice admiral right? I think that was Drake's rank. Seeing Doflamingo was nice, but realizing Law was his subordinate was icing on the cake. That makes the picture clearer now but there is still a lot of stuff to be learned, reminds me of Alabasta with a deeper and darker plot.
    Prediction: Kaidou and his crew will be the first Yonkou taken down. He will be taken down by by SH alliance and Supernovas. Blackbeard is the first and only Yonkou taken down by SH crew solo (ie Luffy vs Blackbeard).

Thoughts on chapter:

-The marine at the beginning sucks, dislike him. Tashigi got dem props by being nice tho.
    -Smiley is so cute now that he turned out to be a Mudkip zoan. Really, makes me :3 and I avoid doing that.
    -I'm so glad the hamburger meat was pointed out, that was really bugging me. How the hell does something that thick even go unnoticed.
    -Chopper will save the caged Straw Hats
    -Everyone knew Law would be connected to Doflamingo. It's nice that Doflamingo turned out to be Joker though. He finally has a real role in the story, which like people said in the spoiler, is nice since we won't have people predicting Doflamingo is behind everything that happens from now on.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

The people on the island asking for the kids look like they have the same cloths as Law so i think its his home island also i still think Doflamingo will be the new yonkou because he wanted to team up with Crocodile and he showed interest in Luffy so it makes sense for him to use Law's plan and to team up with Luffy lol.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/673/2

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post

-Chopper will save the caged Straw Hats.
    Finally, someone who realizes it. Chopper is RIGHT THERE.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong about the new guy being a rear-admiral. Aohige clarified his mistake in the spoiler thread.
    However, Drake is still a former rear-admiral.

Donflamingo is behind everything!

Now this chapter was just freaking awesome.

Especially for that cage scene...

good chapter .
    All the peieces of this arc are coming nicely together .

So now I'm a bit confused about who the guy in the hat was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Nah, I made the mistake.
    The two entry level admirals confuse me.

i can't help but think giving the slime a devil fruit is a waste but whatever. Quite a lot of cool revelations this chapter. I like how we are learning more about doflamingo now. I wonder how smokers obvious escape will impact dofla's plans.

I'm gonna assume nami-in-sanji and usopp have been captured. I think chopper will replace caesers drugs with placebos or something. Depends if he has more than just the one on him or not. The other 4 will probably save them all

∞ Samus Returns ∞ Deviant_Mugen's Avatar

And Oda hits it out of the park once again!

We got a better look at G-5's corrupt side, and new Zoan-type fruit, a proper introduction for Vergo (and an explanation for his face-meat), a bit of information on Law, and the reveal of Joker (though many people had already predicted that he'd be Doflamingo). Just an all-around amazing chapter. It's a shame the translation was so shoddy, though...

Also, I got a good chuckle out of Luffy and Robin reminiscing about the seastone cage back in Rain Dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    The people on the island asking for the kids look like they have the same cloths as Law so i think its his home island
    Law comes from the north blue not the new world

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

lol if you look at the peoples imagining of vergo he has what looks like chop sticks in his beard. Messy eater much

Wow, this was a great chapter with a lot of content. Especially the reveal at the end.

- The marines being assholes, what a surprise. Commodore Yarisugi, huh?
    - I like that the parents aren't idiots.
    - Oh crap, will Nami and Ussop be taken out or not? I'd prefer them to at least show some resistance, even if it's logical that they will be taken out.
    - Well, Zoro, Sanji, Brook, Kinemon are heading to the facility. The slime is explained, too, it's a DF, that's nice.
    - Now the best part of the chapter. Doflamingo is behind everything, basically, finally.
    Vergo is his subordinate, Law used to be his subordinate. Vergo's been working undercover for 15 years in the marines. He's a vice admiral.
    I'm excited for stuff coming up.

It did feel a bit filler-y with the Zoro group stuff, but I'm curious where the confrontation with Ceasar goes and of course all the stuff inside the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKid View Post
    Yeah Smoker was a commodore, so I was thinking that was odd. Rear admiral is right below vice admiral right? I think that was Drake's rank. Seeing Doflamingo was nice, but realizing Law was his subordinate was icing on the cake. That makes the picture clearer now but there is still a lot of stuff to be learned, reminds me of Alabasta with a deeper and darker plot.
    yeah, it is. Oda actually posted a ranking page in SBS in vol 18.
    I had colored it to make it easier to read=

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information