View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310 360 400 408 409 410
Results 8,181 to 8,194 of 8194

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I believe they met at a convention where Oda's wife was cosplaying as Nami lol.
    That... is awesome. Oda you dog lol

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    How long has Oda been married? I saw a video of his wife and wow, beautiful. Was she with him before his career took off?
    Iirc, they met because she played Nami in the very first animated OVA of One Piece, before the anime series.
    There's in fact a photo of her cosplaying as Nami in a Jump Festa or something, but that wasn't random.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

This is a fun question that I hope will be in an SBS one day, assuming there are no copyright issues or whatever if that is a thing.

If the Straw Hats were fans of Weekly Shonen Jump, what would be their favorite series throughout the magazine's entire publication?

My list would be:

Spoiler:

Luffy - Dragon Ball
    Zoro - Rurouni Kenshin
    Nami - Bakuman
    Usopp - Dr. Stone
    Sanji - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma
    Chopper - Dr. Slump
    Robin - The Promised Neverland
    Franky - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    Brook - Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    Jinbe - Fist of the North Star
    Last edited by Count Mario; November 15th, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I'm pretty sure Brook would be Shaman King, but I guess he would probably drop it.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I changed D.Gray-Man to Bobobo for Brook since I thought the comedy and the conflict centering around protecting your hair would better fit Brook's personality. I considered Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, and even Death Note, but I don't think he would be into reading stories about the supernatural just because he himself is a supernatural being. Especially if he is ironically fearful of supernormal creatures like his own reflection lol.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Has there been any buster call aside from the two we seen? I get the impression that it is treated kind of like the nuclear bombs where it was used once and everyone decided we should not let stuff go this far again.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Has there been any buster call aside from the two we seen? I get the impression that it is treated kind of like the nuclear bombs where it was used once and everyone decided we should not let stuff go this far again.
    It has only ever been used twice as far as we know.

And that description is ironic yet fitting when you think about how an Admiral gets summoned if just one Celestial Dragon gets assaulted.

This is a fun question that I hope will be in an SBS one day, assuming there are no copyright issues or whatever if that is a thing.

If the Straw Hats were fans of Weekly Shonen Jump, what would be their favorite series throughout the magazine's entire publication?

My list would be:

Spoiler:

Luffy - Dragon Ball
    Zoro - Rurouni Kenshin
    Nami - Bakuman
    Usopp - Dr. Stone
    Chopper - Dr. Slump
    Sanji would be fairy tail because...boobies

It has only ever been used twice as far as we know.

And that description is ironic yet fitting when you think about how an Admiral gets summoned if just one Celestial Dragon gets assaulted.
    If we are still doing parallels I guess that would be like messing with the president.

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Sanji would be fairy tail because...boobies
    But Fairy Tail is not published by Weekly Shonen Jump lol.

But Fairy Tail is not published by Weekly Shonen Jump lol.
    Aw damn. Wow lol I read that for years and somehow missed that.

My list would be:

Spoiler:

Luffy - Dragon Ball
    Zoro - Rurouni Kenshin
    Nami - Bakuman
    Usopp - Dr. Stone
    Chopper - Dr. Slump
    Law could be into Naruto. Ninjas that every man like plus revenge(Sasuke) like his obsession for Doffly. Of course he could choose death note to be smug

Doffly would definitely be Death note being god and deciding who lives or die.

I could see Luffy being into Toriko instead. Shitload of punching of punching for meat rather than Dragonball which is punching for serious reasons/tournaments.

Maybe Capone could pick Reborn to teach his kid how he has to be become a mafia boss.

I can't see who would pick Bleach. I'm not talking about quality. I'm just not sure who it fits.

I'm not sre what fits Brook but I'm not sure he would take anything not focus on music or boobies. Bobobo is more a Franky kind of thing.

Anyone ever notice how, at least in the early part of the series, all the Straw Hats up until Robin had a distinct asymmetrical feature on the left-hand sides of their body? Luffy's scar is under his left eye. Zoro wears his swords and has earrings only on his left side. Nami's tattoo is on her left shoulder. Usopp ties his sash on the left and wears an armband only on his left arm. Sanji's left eye was covered up by his hair. Chopper's left antler is the one with a metal attachment to keep it from being broken off.

I never heard if anyone found any significance to that but it's food for thought. Robin doesn't seem to have any consistent left-favoring feature and after the time-skip lots of them have changed (although Zoro's eye scar is on his left side, but Sanji flipped his hair to the other eye). Plus Brook's crack in his skull is on the right side of his face, so that ends the streak for sure.

Also, did anyone try connecting each Straw Hat to the elements? It's just a fun little exercise from another forum but I wonder if anyone agrees with this breakdown:
    Luffy - Light. I mean, look at all the good he does and inspires in others. It's like Naruto but not overly sappy and doesn't bash you over the head with it every 5 pages.
    Zoro - Wind. So many of his attacks are wind-based and his lousy sense of direction means he just goes wherever he will, just like the wind.
    Nami - Thunder. Her lightning-quick temper aside, no one wields it quite like her as a weapon.
    Usopp - Nature (plants mainly). Even before his Pop Greens upgrade, he was fond of bugs and woodworking as the fledgling shipwright before Franky came along.
    Sanji - Fire. I mean, duh. A cook, Diable Jambe, his fiery aura when he gets mad, there's just no contest.
    Chopper - Earth. An animal that comes from a species that lives off the land (non-carnivorous) and, after the time-skip, he can burrow underground like nobody's business.
    Robin - Dark. Assassin, horribly tragic backstory, dark sense of humor and dark hair to match...I'd say that fits her to a T.
    Franky - Metal. Cyborg. 'Nuff said.
    Brook - Ice. This one is only really accounted for by the first post-time-skip fight where he unleashes the power of Soul Solid.
    Jimbei - Water. Fishman. Water bullets. Blue skin. He's got it all.

I wonder if I should move this to the 'who will join next' thread since what other elements are not yet accounted for? Who would represent whichever ones are still left out?
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; November 22nd, 2017 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Anyone ever notice how, at least in the early part of the series, all the Straw Hats up until Robin had a distinct asymmetrical feature on the left-hand sides of their body? Luffy's scar is under his left eye. Zoro wears his swords and has earrings only on his left side. Nami's tattoo is on her left shoulder. Usopp ties his sash on the left and wears an armband only on his left arm. Sanji's left eye was covered up by his hair. Chopper's left antler is the one with a metal attachment to keep it from being broken off.

I never heard if anyone found any significance to that but it's food for thought. Robin doesn't seem to have any consistent left-favoring feature and after the time-skip lots of them have changed (although Zoro's eye scar is on his left side, but Sanji flipped his hair to the other eye). Plus Brook's crack in his skull is on the right side of his face, so that ends the streak for sure.
    Yes, it's been brought up. Robin had an armband on her left arm, Brook's suit had tears on his left side when he was introduced and Jinbe has his scar on his left side as well.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information