View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 442 of 444 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 8865

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by facizaxe View Post
    Sorry. Delete the comment above please.
    1) What happened to the Marineford forum?
    2) Does the author have more chapters ahead of the latest one that we have?
    Please reply. Thanks.
    I don't know about the Marineford forum but I haven't seen it for a while anyway.

Mangaka typically work on a schedule about three weeks ahead of release. This gives a buffer for the publisher in case of an unplanned break, and allows them to distribute it internationally for translation for a more simultaneous release.

Also, you should check the FAQ for guidelines on different sections and roles. Anyone with three stars or more is a mod you can direct forum-specific questions to, but it's also generally better to simply wait for a reply rather than message people asking for one.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

The fuck is going on with some dude (i assume its the same person with different accounts) creating new accounts to just ask some random questions?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    The fuck is going on with some dude (i assume its the same person with different accounts) creating new accounts to just ask some random questions?
    Well, at least they found this thread. Imagine them to start new threads all day long...

After rereading post TS I noticed something strange.

Why was Bege so surprised that Sanji can fly if later at WCI big Mom pirates could do so as well and even mocked it as nothing special

And something different
    Geppou ok cool but Sanji speed was mocked even if it was the first highlight seen post TS with Blue Walk.

So I ask myself instead of raid suit alone why Oda hasn't given him Soru at least which would really suit Sanji

Same goes for Rankyaku or any other long range move.

Sanji for sure shouldn't have problems to do so
    Last edited by Kishido; February 18th, 2019 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post

Why was Bege so surprised that Sanji can fly if later at WCI big Mom pirates could do so as well and even mocked it as nothing special
    Back when we were on Dressrosa I don't think there was that many people able to fly and they are in-universe big shots. Also Sanji was not a supernova. So if that many big shots are incapable of flying it might surprise Bege that someone like Sanji can. Especially if he was downplayed by the Vinsmokes.

Candyman, Big Mom, Genie, Oven... It's not that it is impossible but that not that many people have it. So someone you don't have high expectation of having it is surprising.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Back when we were on Dressrosa I don't think there was that many people able to fly and they are in-universe big shots. Also Sanji was not a supernova. So if that many big shots are incapable of flying it might surprise Bege that someone like Sanji can. Especially if he was downplayed by the Vinsmokes.

Candyman, Big Mom, Genie, Oven... It's not that it is impossible but that not that many people have it. So someone you don't have high expectation of having it is surprising.
    Whoa, all of them can fly? I know Big Mom can ride Zeus like a Flying Nimbus but I don't really think that counts since anyone can really do that if they hopped on (it's not like the one from Dragonball where you have to be pure of heart to ride it, after all!) But I agree, just an underling of a Supernova wouldn't necessarily be expected to be capable of Rokushiki techniques. Of course, Luffy's crew is far less like any other, more like Roger's where it's far fewer people who are far more talented (Shanks' crew is similarly built) so that might contribute to others underestimating his crew's might if they're unfamiliar with the Straw Hat crew at large.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Whoa, all of them can fly? I know Big Mom can ride Zeus like a Flying Nimbus but I don't really think that counts since anyone can really do that if they hopped on (it's not like the one from Dragonball where you have to be pure of heart to ride it, after all!) But I agree, just an underling of a Supernova wouldn't necessarily be expected to be capable of Rokushiki techniques. Of course, Luffy's crew is far less like any other, more like Roger's where it's far fewer people who are far more talented (Shanks' crew is similarly built) so that might contribute to others underestimating his crew's might if they're unfamiliar with the Straw Hat crew at large.
    I was citing Big names of the crew that can't fly and why a no-name like Sanji flying was surprising.

Where can I read the complete series in Japanese?

1) Could someone PLEASE convince the admin at Wikipedia to upload the FIRST VOLUME COVER as profile picture and to add a PLOT to the Wikipedia article of One Piece?
    2) Where can I read the complete series of One Piece in Japanese on the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by suweyah View Post
    1) Could someone PLEASE convince the admin at Wikipedia to upload the FIRST VOLUME COVER as profile picture and to add a PLOT to the Wikipedia article of One Piece?
    2) Where can I read the complete series of One Piece in Japanese on the Internet?
    No

16 characters

So I asked this in another thread but I want to know who the hell could have been the rox pirates Captain? I mean to have Big Mom, Kaido, White Beard, Shakky and Bakkin as subordinates, whoever the captain is he/she must have been one total badass, I wonder how powerful or how big of bounty the captain must have had

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So I asked this in another thread but I want to know who the hell could have been the rox pirates Captain? I mean to have Big Mom, Kaido, White Beard, Shakky and Bakkin as subordinates, whoever the captain is he/she must have been one total badass, I wonder how powerful or how big of bounty the captain must have had
    We have no idea and I am not a fan of the previously unheard of superbadass late in the game.

We have no idea and I am not a fan of the previously unheard of superbadass late in the game.
    We'll that was 40 years ago, and I think they talked about the crew gaining strength even without there Captain, so it might just be his subordinates coming back

but I definitely want to find out who he/she is

Cuz I missed a lot... Was it ever said who was the 2nd shadow next to Snack facing off Judge in chapter 900

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Cuz I missed a lot... Was it ever said who was the 2nd shadow next to Snack facing off Judge in chapter 900
    It was the decuplet Charlotte's megazord form.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    It was the decuplet Charlotte's megazord form.
    Ahh OK thank you
    Last edited by Kishido; March 3rd, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

Well its ancient news at this point, before even Roger's time, so....

Besides, we didn't know about Golden Shiki until Strong World, and he was a guy that Oda had in mind to mention years earlier in the same breath as Shanks and Mihawk and Roger, but didn't want to confuse things.... and even to this day in the manga proper he only has one little reference unless you count Chapter 0.

Much more concerning is the introduction of a guy like IM, who apparently rules the damn world, currently, not coming up until now... and the added importance of the straw hat which used to just be a momento but has escalated to also the hat of Roger and an ancient prophecy symbol... but since we're still only at the 2/3 mark in the series its more okay than it would have been if he came up another couple years from now.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well its ancient news at this point, before even Roger's time, so....

Besides, we didn't know about Golden Shiki until Strong World, and he was a guy that Oda had in mind to mention years earlier in the same breath as Shanks and Mihawk and Roger, but didn't want to confuse things.... and even to this day in the manga proper he only has one little reference unless you count Chapter 0.

Much more concerning is the introduction of a guy like IM, who apparently rules the damn world, currently, not coming up until now... and the added importance of the straw hat which used to just be a momento but has escalated to also the hat of Roger and an ancient prophecy symbol... but since we're still only at the 2/3 mark in the series its more okay than it would have been if he came up another couple years from now.
    There's no way Rocks is not showing up in the manga proper and will just be be background info. And I doubt Oda put 2(possibly 3) emperors under him for other purpose than hyping him when he show up. It will be another case of an obvious late addition like Im where it clearly feels like something that should have been mentioned long ago. Im is way worse but that does not make this good.

Rocks having Big Mom and Kaido is interesting since it builds on characters that are established and flesh out the story of the world. I don't question Shakky or Chinjao. They are nice side characters from those time. Secret badass captain that had every emperor under him is a major character and is not ok because it feels tacked on and added late.

If Rocks shows up in-story as an active player that has for some reason been dormant for 40 years, yeah, its a late addition and out of place. If Rocks shows up only in flashback, its setup for that flashback.

It's the difference between Moria hyping up Kaidou, and Hancock hyping Fisher Tiger.

I mean heck, how long did we know Shanks before we learned he was an Emporer? How long before learned he was on Roger's ship? Those details took a while.

How long before we found out Luffy had a brother? How long before we found out he had a second brother?

A pirate from decades ago, before even Roger's time, that hasn't been active anytime recently... no, there's not a lot of casual reason to bring him up. How often in your daily life do you talk about Gerald Ford? He was President of the United States 40 years ago. That's a big deal! But.... not a topic that ever comes up in casual conversation. Meanwhile, Nixon who was president a few years earlier than that, gets mentioned a lot nowadays... because of his relevence to the current events.
    Last edited by Robby; March 5th, 2019 at 12:23 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    If Rocks shows up in-story as an active player that has for some reason been dormant for 40 years, yeah, its a late addition and out of place. If Rocks shows up only in flashback, its setup for that flashback.

It's the difference between Moria hyping up Kaidou, and Hancock hyping Fisher Tiger.

I mean heck, how long did we know Shanks before we learned he was an Emporer? How long before learned he was on Roger's ship? Those details took a while. How long before we found out Luffy had a brother? How long before we found out he had a second brother?
    If it's just flashback it will be fine(like Shiki was) but with way Garp was talking about the possible return of Rocks and the mention an in interview of the worst villain Luffy ever faced I definitely expecting him to show back up in the present as a major villain.

I guess wait and see is the game but I think we can all agree Sabo felt like a late addition to replace Ace.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information