View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 453 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453
Results 9,041 to 9,057 of 9057

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Was it done on purpose by Oda or is it just me that this all feels more like Kinemon's story more than Momos'? In FI arc, I felt like Shirahoshi and Jinbe shared a great amount of focus. Fisher Tiger's right hand, an honorable and dutiful fishman that wants best for his people and Luffy's comrade was basically his narrative. Shirahoshi wasn't just another person that Luffy encouraged to go for their treasure or goal, she was Poseidon and someone that carried on Otohime's will like Jinbe did for Fisher Tiger and Otihime. I feel like that they both were equally focused on in that narrative.

Now, I feel like Kinemon has overshadowed Momo during many points. From the flashback to every arc since PH, I feel like this is more about Kinemon's mission than Momo being developed to do whatever he's destined to do. That can be taking the Shogun role from Orochi or just holding that off and sailing until he's more experienced. Maybe because Momo is a Kozuki and his role in the story is bigger, maybe Oda is giving most of the focus to Kinemon for this plot. I just don't know how to feel about all of this. Is Momo's narrative lacking or is Kinemon's narrative supposed to take priority in all of this?

Not saying that Momo's importance or focus is diminutive. Just that i'm looking for the Jinbe/Shirahoshi balance when it comes to focus due to Momo being Oden's son.

Thats true,i have to say i was disappointed to see that Momo didnt manage to free himself from Kanjuro,i was sure it was his chance to finally do something cool. I really dont know what to say about Momo,sometimes it seems like he is important,sometimes it seems just like the classic children we can see in some arcs like Aisa or Chimney.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Kin'emon did say he felt like he was going to die. I don't have any hard data, but it feels to me like characters who are in that boat typically live to fight another day. He would probably be the most impactful death. I feel like other potential death options are:

Kanjuro, if he has a change of heart and defects from the bad guys.
    Raizo, if he's protecting the minks.
    Ashura, if his sacrifice is a tribute to his comrades who attacked Onigashima 10 years earlier and died.

IMO only Kin'emon and Kanjuro have more than a 2% chance of dying.

I don't feel like it would be right to kill any of the others.
    • Denjiro has the most political power and experience among the Scabbards. He will almost certainly play a big role in rebuilding Wano while Momonosuke continues to grow up. Plus, if Kin'emon dies Denjiro absolutely needs to stay alive as the other original Scabbards member.
    • Kiku dying would have little impact on the story, and judging by Pound's survival there's no chance that Oda would kill her or Izo after reuniting.
    • Kawamatsu is better off being alive. He's already been through hell, and has tied loose ends with Hiyori. As a fish-man, he could play a considerable role in Wano's reopening in terms of helping the citizens accept different races and maybe being a liason to Fishman island.
    • It doesn't really make sense to kill Inu and Neko either. Back in the Zou arc Pedro insisted that their lives be saved first, because "the world is waiting for them". Now, maybe that statement will come to pass in this arc, but it still makes no sense for one of them to die for it. They are clearly a package deal and them treating each other as dead was already a plot point.
    Counterpoint: Law dies in this arc.
    Solid points.

Agree with Law. It's in the back of my mind since it was revealed that Kaido wasn't really his true objective. He can be an impactful death too. This is a war with an emperor and the alliance shouldn't come off unscathed.

Can someone please tell me where the nickname Jaggy is coming from? Luffy and Zoro even call Kid by that name but I neither seem to remember when it happened the first time nor do I really get what the nickname refers to in the first place. Seems like the right thread to ask a question like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Can someone please tell me where the nickname Jaggy is coming from? Luffy and Zoro even call Kid by that name but I neither seem to remember when it happened the first time nor do I really get what the nickname refers to in the first place. Seems like the right thread to ask a question like this.
    It's referring to Kid's jagged/spiky hair. It started in Ch. 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    It's referring to Kid's jagged/spiky hair. It started in Ch. 926.
    Oh that's it. I was not familiar with the term so it confused the hell out of me. Thanks for the info.
    Now I'm curious what they call him in Japanese.

My question is where is the best place to read all of One Piece legally? I don't mind paying for a subscription to Viz Media if they have all the chapters. Thank you in advance! :3

(I want to catch up again, and I feel it's best to start over, as where I stopped it was somewhere in the Wano arc.)

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - 雄塩; Character - Ayano Sugiura; Series - Yuru Yuri
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/goddessarisu/; Discord: Starla Lily-Moon#2548
    ~Formerly known as Stranger~

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    My question is where is the best place to read all of One Piece legally? I don't mind paying for a subscription to Viz Media if they have all the chapters. Thank you in advance! :3

(I want to catch up again, and I feel it's best to start over, as where I stopped it was somewhere in the Wano arc.)
    VIZ has the entire series available digitally, as I understand it - though only the three most recent chapters are available to read without a subscription. So that's probably your best bet.

We're still in the Wano arc, though...

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    VIZ has the entire series available digitally, as I understand it - though only the three most recent chapters are available to read without a subscription. So that's probably your best bet.
    Great, thank you so much!

We're still in the Wano arc, though...
    Oh, I see. I didn't think it was still going. Well, that's good to know.

Signature:
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/goddessarisu/; Discord: Starla Lily-Moon#2548

Great, thank you so much!
    No problem.

Oh, I see. I didn't think it was still going. Well, that's good to know.
    It's a long one...

It's a long one...
    Even longer than Dressrosa?

Signature:

Even longer than Dressrosa?
    I'd have to check, but we're on track to surpass it, if we haven't already.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Wano's currently at 75 chapters. We could be realistically looking at a 120-140 chapter arc.

Spoiler:

I'd have to check, but we're on track to surpass it, if we haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Wano's currently at 75 chapters. We could be realistically looking at a 120-140 chapter arc.
    Oh, wow. It seems like a very important story arc then.

Signature:

Nothing Really Mattress Czechmate's Avatar

I kinda vibe with Law/Denjiro/Kinemon dying. Any of those would be poignant and tragic in their own ways, after what each of them has endured, and would definitely be more impactful than if a less-developed alliance member ate it. But I do kinda hope somebody of note dies in all this, it'd definitely help increasing sense of stakes that I think the series has (mostly) succeeded with post-timeskip.

I also think Law dying would be a fine twist for the "worst generation" triad stuff. I've been suspecting (hoping, maybe) that Kidd actually takes Kaido's life at the end of all of this (while Luffy will be the one to land the finishing blow, of course). It's hard to imagine a way for Kaido to be meaningfully defeated while still being alive, given what little we know about him, and it would give a good deal of weight to Kidd's rep as a savage dude/set him up to be a more serious antagonist towards Luffy later on.

But it's really hard for me to imagine what Law would do in this story after Kaido's defeat except just... sail around, if the alliance is indeed over. I don't see Law and Luffy having a real fight with gravitas during the story, and as a D. I think there's potential for a "sacrifice himself so that Luffy can go on to do his thing" end, a la Saul. This would also get Law out of the picture, leave Kidd as a more meaningful rival, and permanently take two significant actors out of the series endgame.

Just a thought!

How old are the members of the scabbards who didn't travel through time be now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Silvers View Post
    How old are the members of the scabbards who didn't travel through time be now?
    Neko and Inu are 40, Ashura is 56. Denjiro probably also somewhere around 50+, and Kawamatsu 40+.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information