View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 456 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 9108

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    Were the 2 gorillas with Cricket minks or just weird humans?
    They say they are human but wether or not Oda had Minks in mind way back when it can easily be written today that they have some mink blood in them. I bet Merry is gonna end up with some Sheep Mink blood as well. All them weird people with horns and creature features. Though Kaidou, Moria and his Yomato might be something else entirely. Magellan looks like a baboon or mandrill.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand vivre cards, if the fragments are drawn to the largest piece of card then how come Luffy was able to use Ace's card to find him when he was in Impel Down? I can't believe the jailers would allow Ace to keep a hold of his portion of the card. Am I just over thinking this?

Quote Originally Posted by runswithcats42 View Post
    I don't understand vivre cards, if the fragments are drawn to the largest piece of card then how come Luffy was able to use Ace's card to find him when he was in Impel Down? I can't believe the jailers would allow Ace to keep a hold of his portion of the card. Am I just over thinking this?
    Maybe it was hidden so deep the jailers couldn’t find it.
    But yeah, I always thought it pointed the person, not other pieces of the paper... until someone corrected me.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by runswithcats42 View Post
    Luffy didn't find Ace because of the Vivre card. The newspapers said that he was currently imprisoned in Impeldown and Hancock used her connections to get him there with a Marine ship.
    He did check on his card every now and then, but that was just to get an update on his general status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Luffy didn't find Ace because of the Vivre card. The newspapers said that he was currently imprisoned in Impeldown and Hancock used her connections to get him there with a Marine ship.
    He did check on his card every now and then, but that was just to get an update on his general status.
    But Luffy did use the Vivre Card inside Impel Down (in one of the first chapters of the arc, I think before he met Buggy), and it pointed to Ace (down).
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    But Luffy did use the Vivre Card inside Impel Down (in one of the first chapters of the arc, I think before he met Buggy), and it pointed to Ace (down).
    Oh hey, it's true. Chapter 526.

Guess it was easy to hide since he wasn't stripped like the other prisoners. A chapter before they note how the boiling bath conveniently sterilizes the cloths as well, so there was no need to change him into jailwear just for a week or so (same with Jinbe).

If Fishpeople are so looked down upon and discriminated, how come there is no slur against them?

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    If Fishpeople are so looked down upon and discriminated, how come there is no slur against them?
    The Straw Hats give them like 10 in the Arlong arc.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Also, being called “fish” is like calling a black man a “monkey” or “ape”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Oh hey, it's true. Chapter 526.

Guess it was easy to hide since he wasn't stripped like the other prisoners. A chapter before they note how the boiling bath conveniently sterilizes the cloths as well, so there was no need to change him into jailwear just for a week or so (same with Jinbe).
    He also checks it in chapters 539 and 540.

You and Decide make a good point, Ace is wearing his own clothes so it wouldn't have been hard for him to have kept his vivre card hidden. Especially since the prison guards probably wouldn't have bothered to look for it. It wasn't a secret that Ace was being kept in Impel Down so why would the prison guards care if people could also tell that using a vivre card.

Is Roger wearing his straw hat here?

It looks like his usual pirate hat.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)
    Bond en Avant practices drawing in general

I draw a silly comic about school and life.

This may not be the place to ask but...

I'm looking for high quality Wanted Poster photos of the crew. I'm having a friend carve them out of wood. Something nice and cool for my nerd displays.

Are there any color walks, HQ magazine photos or anything really of the Wanted Posters? I'm thinking I'll do pre-time skip first with Jimbei's 76 Million as well and then updated ones later. Pictures can be colored or not just want to know if anyone has any leads while I google whats around.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Huh, I never noticed Big Mom had a pistol there. That thing's got to be as big as a cannon!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    This may not be the place to ask but...

I'm looking for high quality Wanted Poster photos of the crew. I'm having a friend carve them out of wood. Something nice and cool for my nerd displays.

Are there any color walks, HQ magazine photos or anything really of the Wanted Posters? I'm thinking I'll do pre-time skip first with Jimbei's 76 Million as well and then updated ones later. Pictures can be colored or not just want to know if anyone has any leads while I google whats around.
    As far as I know, the Mugiwara Store has the best quality wanted posters, both Time Skip and Pre-Time Skip.
    Besides that, the One Piece Magazine has been including a new Wanted Poster with each issue, but those have a different style, not coloured and with a somewhat burnt texture. They only have the Time Skip posters, and are still missing Franky, Brook, and Jinbei.

Also, I'm not sure if Jinbe's Wanted Poster has officially been revealed yet.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)
    Bond en Avant practices drawing in general

I draw a silly comic about school and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post

I believe it was in his Vivre Card, but it absolutely wouldn't be an HQ pic
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    As far as I know, the Mugiwara Store has the best quality wanted posters, both Time Skip and Pre-Time Skip.
    Besides that, the One Piece Magazine has been including a new Wanted Poster with each issue, but those have a different style, not coloured and with a somewhat burnt texture. They only have the Time Skip posters, and are still missing Franky, Brook, and Jinbei.

Thanks for the info! Though I thought for sure in the Tiger flash back we got a glimpse of Jimbei's 76 million. I suppose not.

Did Ace start hunting Blackbeard before or after Luffy got his first wanted poster?

I initially somehow got the impression that Ace started hunting Blackbeard awhile before Luffy left Foosha Village, but then in Chapter 557, I see that Ace had shown Luffy’s first wanted poster to Whitebeard.

This leads me to think that either Blackbeard had murdered down Thatch shortly after Luffy defeated Arlong, and would mean that that murder happened in between the Arlong Park Arc and the Drum Island Arc, or that Ace returned to Whitebeard’s ship after he dismissed the crew’s warnings about not going after Blackbeard to avenge Thatch.

Also another interesting point is how Blackbeard doesn’t recognize Luffy or is even initially willing to believe his 30 million bounty claim at Jaya, meaning that Blackbeard wasn’t around Ace when he was proudly talking about his brother’s bounty achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Did Ace start hunting Blackbeard before or after Luffy got his first wanted poster?
    He must have because of him sharing Luffy bounty with his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post

I initially somehow got the impression that Ace started hunting Blackbeard awhile before Luffy left Foosha Village, but then in Chapter 557, I see that Ace had shown Luffy’s first wanted poster to Whitebeard.

This leads me to think that either Blackbeard had murdered down Thatch shortly after Luffy defeated Arlong, and would mean that that murder happened in between the Arlong Park Arc and the Drum Island Arc, or that Ace returned to Whitebeard’s ship after he dismissed the crew’s warnings about not going after Blackbeard to avenge Thatch.

Also another interesting point is how Blackbeard doesn’t recognize Luffy or is even initially willing to believe his 30 million bounty claim at Jaya, meaning that Blackbeard wasn’t around Ace when he was proudly talking about his brother’s bounty achievement.
    Yeah, I'd say Tatch's murder happened shortly after that.
    Ace said he'd return after he took down Teach, he wouldn't be chasing Blackbeard only to turn around a show a newspaper clip to his friends. Whitebeard probably wouldn't let him leave a second time.

As for Teach not recognizing Luffy, even if Ace had already showed his wanted poster around, my head canon says it's because Teach never really cared about or belonged to WB's crew. He said he joined because he figured out it was his best chance to get the darkness fruit and then killed a sworn brother for it. Maybe he noticed Ace announcing his little brother got a bounty but didn't even bother to look at the paper.

Also, his comment about Luffy not being worth 30 million is because he knows Luffy is much stronger than that, he actually uses the word Haki/Ambition, but that didn't bear such weight back then so it flew under a lot of radars. He says something along the lines : Him? 30 million, with that ambition/haki? Nah, couldn't be.
    When re-reading the series it's easy to see he meant: Nah, he couldn't have that bounty, he's much stronger!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information