View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 410 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    I've been reading a lot of complaints about the Nami vs. Kalifa fight, saying Kalifa should have won.

I really don't get the meaning behind this; can someone explain to me why the fight was bad?
    She was an assassin who had been trained for years, but she forgot all of that during the fight and only used her devil fruit.
    I mean if she had used a little soru, maybe some shigan the fight would have ended right quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."

Quote Originally Posted by AlucarDraculA View Post
    She was an assassin who had been trained for years, but she forgot all of that during the fight and only used her devil fruit.
    I mean if she had used a little soru, maybe some shigan the fight would have ended right quick.
    Wait, she barely used her Rokushiki?

SHE BARELY USED HER ROKUSHIKI WHAT THE HELL?

Okay I understand now.

...well, she is​ senile. Dammit, a broken glass!

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

She also abandoned her whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    She also abandoned her whip.
    She's a senile assassin dammit! q.q

~

I just realized something: it's been two years and the Rolling Pirates just arrived at...Water 7? What?

~

I just realized something: it's been two years and the Rolling Pirates just arrived at...Water 7? What?
    Who said they just arrived? They could have arrived there 2 years ago and decided to settle in.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Who said they just arrived? They could have arrived there 2 years ago and decided to settle in.
    Well it seems odd that Lola and the Risky Brothers hasn't changed one bit.

There WAS that huge monster that we will never know.

~

I am certain they went backwards through the grand line and now after 2 years they are almost back to the Red Line, with their latest stop back at Water 7.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    I am certain they went backwards through the grand line and now after 2 years they are almost back to the Red Line, with their latest stop back at Water 7.
    Makes sense...

at least it's a better explanation that getting caught up with that Florian Triangle monster.

Damn I wonder what that thing is...
    I hope Oda doesn't forget and gives us an explanation sometime..

As interested as I am in those things, I wouldn't be surprised if they remained a mystery. It's also not that easy to bring them up in the New World, assuming they are bound to the Florian Triangle. What I could, however, see as a possibility is someone somehow gaining control over them and bringing them to a possible war later in the story (if they can move that is). Or maybe, in the New World, there's a sea that, similar to the Florian Triangle, also features them. Great, now my interest in them has been sparked again

How do you think Zoro would have fared if he instead had to go to Amazon Lily for 2 years? He's probably immune to Hancock's powers

Well it seems odd that Lola and the Risky Brothers hasn't changed one bit.

There WAS that huge monster that we will never know.
    Are you talking about what looks like giants in the mist at end of Thriller Bark?
    I am trying to find the page, think it's on Oda's facebook page, but someone asked oda about that, they found some pitcures of natural phenomena that looks like that and posted it. I think it had something to do how the fog refracted light and shadows, and makes a mirage of giant proportions. They asked Oda if that what it was and he indicated yes.

... I'm still looking for that! dang could have sworn I saved that page... but that would be useless if its one of those pages that that continuely chages with updates, dang!
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Are you talking about what looks like giants in the mist at end of Thriller Bark?
    I am trying to find the page, think it's on Oda's facebook page, but someone asked oda about that, they found some pitcures of natural phenomena that looks like that and posted it. I think it had something to do how the fog refracted light and shadows, and makes a mirage of giant proportions. They asked Oda if that what it was and he indicated yes.
    They were probably referring to a fata morgana. Oda had already done something a bit like this once before, when the shadows of the Shandians were made to appear like giants. Anyway, even if that is the case, I still think there was a physical... SOMETHING that was distorted by the fog. Can anyone tell me what the sound effects on this page are?

Spoiler:

In the top panel, ゴゴゴゴ ('gogogogo') is used to set a menacing/threatening atmosphere. I assume the ゴゴオオ ('gogooo') sound in the middle panel to be just an elongated version of this (but I'm not entirely sure if it hasn't got another meaning). Also in the top panel, around Thriller Bark, the がや ('gaya') sound describes an excited crowd. At the bottom, ぽかぽか ('poka poka') is the warmth of the sunrays.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    How do you think Zoro would have fared if he instead had to go to Amazon Lily for 2 years? He's probably immune to Hancock's powers
    He'd turn into Asura again if they tried to put a frilly outfit on him like they did Luffy.

But Zoro's as man as you can get, he's not as ambiguous about it as Luffy is (he wouldn't be able to get away with being a "flat-chested girl"). He wouldn't be able to get any type of training really, though he'd be able to learn Haki from them if he was able to pass off as a woman. He'd probably yell at them a lot for being sexists, and he'd end up on their bad side. This would result in him dying by excessive Snoo Snoo.

I don't think Zoro is immune to Hancock's powers - he can fight it like Momonga, but really, Zoro's honor is what's making him not fawn over women.

But can you actually imagine Zoro not getting perverted thoughts when seeing Hancock's tits boobs? I mean he has dick manhood to you know.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

But can you actually imagine Zoro not getting perverted thoughts when seeing Hancock's tits boobs? I mean he has dick manhood to you know.
    He's never even paid attention to women, unless they were fighters, in which case he wanted to fight them, not bone them. He's never once nosebled, and he's never geeked out over one of Franky's machines.

I can picture himself doing so, for like a brief moment, then he'd probably get pissed and curse himself for acting "like that stupid ero-cook"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    He's never even paid attention to women, unless they were fighters, in which case he wanted to fight them, not bone them. He's never once nosebled, and he's never geeked out over one of Franky's machines.
    Zoro's a very honorable man. It's that that keeps him from having lustful thoughts. I can imagine a fight between Hancock and Zoro were Zoro is suppressing the thoughts; like what Momonga did. Momonga's honorable, but he's still a man.

Luffy's just...Luffy. Though it still puzzles me to this day why he got affected by Nami's Happiness Punch. Maybe's he's manhood is in there somewhere, he did also panic when he dropped in the bath tub exclaiming he didn't see Hancock's naked body.

And Sanji has never geeked out over Franky's gadgets either.

Luffy panicked because he thought he recognized Hancock's Hoofprint of the Celestial Dragons as being related to Arlong's crew.

Zoro always seemed asexual to me; being a "man" has nothing to do with it. Oda just won't write that kind of story unless it's for laughs like with Hancock and Luffy.

Likewise, Smoker fought Hancock in the war and seemed not to care at all about her. And when he unbuttoned Tashigi's shirt (and apparently ripped off her bra according to the SBS ), he didn't visibly react either. It just seems like a common thing in the OP world for people, male or female, to not care about that sort of thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information