+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread: Anything DC can do...

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Default Re: S.H.I.E.L.D.

From what I understand the shorts were so that they can expand the universe/give stories the chance to develop if they want so they could be more important down the line. Just personally don't think the show is going to be their time, or at least the majority of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Oh man. Awesome.

So, I saw the trailer. I can safely say I was more interested BEFORE the trailer.

Your loss, see you all on the banwagon in four years!

jk :P

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

I don't know man. I hoping it last 4 years. But I can see it being a one season thing.

I'm still more curious about this than invested.
    I hope that trailer isn't quite representative of the final thing, the effects seemed pretty solid but some of the requisites looked somewhat fake/low quality like or rather in need of some post production magic.

Network Tv is pretty much what you see is what you get.

I doubt Marvel will spend the money on their budget , despite just making
    another billion dollar movie.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    I'm still more curious about this than invested.
    I hope that trailer isn't quite representative of the final thing, the effects seemed pretty solid but some of the requisites looked somewhat fake/low quality like or rather in need of some post production magic.
    That's pretty much the standard for pilots.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

So who caught the premiere?

Probably just the Marvel movie bias but Coulson was the MVP of the night. Show seems to be going the "case of a week/ongoing season storyline" format. I have a feeling the cast will grow on me fondly as well, but none of them really did anything that stuck with me after watching the first episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Watched the first episode. It was a lot of fun.
    Didn't feel like anything special but I can do with it just being fun for now.
    Some stuff still looked a bit cheap though other stuff looked better than I expected.
    I'm probably on board for the rest of the season.

I think the highlight is that all the characters made a good first impression and seem interesting.

Not bad. Not great. Coulson is definitely the interesting factor here from the getgo, but he has movie bias behind him. I'll keep watching.

Assuming I remember to get home on time Tuesdays.

Overall solid first episode. The cast is solid and likable, plus, Colbie Smulders, whom I want to stay on my TV once How I Met Your Mother ends.

While nothing jumped out at me as fantastic about the pilot (it didn't even have any of Whedon's snappy dialogue--talk about disappointing) it does show a lot of promise, especially if we can really dig into Coulson.

However, you know you've been watching too much Breaking Bad when
    Spoiler:

Gunn... er, Mike, gets shot in the head and you assume he's dead without even batting an eye.

My only problem with the show....it comes on the same time as NCIS. ABC move the show to 9 pm and we'll have no problems.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

not as great as I thought it would be, but being a huge marvel fan boy, a fan of Joss Weadon, and being interested in it's tie-ins with the next Avengers movie, and really wanting to know the Coulson secret I'll keep watching watching

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

excuse me, is this series a prequel to the Avengers movie or did they just sh*t on Coulson's emotional death in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by 'ko View Post
    excuse me, is this series a prequel to the Avengers movie or did they just sh*t on Coulson's emotional death in the movie?
    Can't tell if this is serious or not....

I'll assume its not...it takes place after Avengers. Coulson lives.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

This wasn't very good.

I liked it. Wasn't perfect but I'm pretty dry for tv shows right now, only keeping up with elementary and psych (and maybe Brooklyn 99 if it is good.), so there is plenty of room of this in my DVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.
    3DS FC-0473-7772-2500
    PSN-Aniki_33

Quote Originally Posted by 'ko View Post
    It takes place after.

They haven't stated *what* exactly happened, but they were pretty blatant about the fact that there ARE shenanigans involved with Coulson's death that even he doesn't know about... presumably we'll find out later what that entails... about the same time he does. (He thinks he spent a few weeks in Tahiti... other characters know he didn't.)

So what are the popular theories after that line alluding to himself not knowing?
    Spoiler:
    Coulson clone? Robot?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information