+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread: Anything DC can do...

Default Re: S.H.I.E.L.D.

What would it take to just keep Sam Jackson on the show as an actual regular, rather than just a credits surprise cameo?

It needs him.

Other than that, second episode was... a second episode I guess. Not really feeling the show so far.

I'm loving it so far.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

I liked the second one much more than the pilot. That's probably because of the whole "let's be a team" plot which is my favourite thing about most Whedon shows. Now I will be desperately waiting for a scene of the whole gang having lunch in their airship la Firefly. The "last" scene with them watching the explosion was a good start.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It probably helped that as opposed to the pilot I hadn't already seen every other scene.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Explosion = rocket launch...
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

3DS Friend Code: 0619 - 7302 - 6515 Oops, lost my 3DS... :(

This was an improvement over the pilot. I don't like the constant references to the movies. And I still think Coulson doesn't work as anything else than a supporting player.

It's still not perfect but I certainly enjoyed the episode
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.
    3DS FC-0473-7772-2500
    PSN-Aniki_33

Nick Fury. That was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    This was an improvement over the pilot. I don't like the constant references to the movies. And I still think Coulson doesn't work as anything else than a supporting player.
    All the more a shame he's currently carrying the show singlehandedly.

Next episode about Dr Franklin Hall aka Graviton...i wonder how that plays out.

I'm really not liking it. It's average at best.

I don't want to judge a book by it's cover,but man was that pilot episode boring!
    I'll give it a try again when 5 or 6 eps are out.

Second episode was better but most of the characters are too cliched. Feel like I've seen it all before. They need to do something to make them feel more three dimensional. That being said I did like the pilot being the most badass and Sky being a double agent. AIM or Hydra can't get here faster tho.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Next episode about Dr Franklin Hall aka Graviton...i wonder how that plays out.
    Don't expect a massive throwdown featuring Iron-Man,Thor,Hulk,Hank, & Wasp.

Watched both episodes. Meh. I like Coulson. Does he do well as a main character? Meh. Is the supporting cast of characters interesting? Meh. Did it grab my attention? Meh. Nick Fury cameo? Yay. The rest? Meh.

Just wasn't feeling it. Had high hopes when I first heard about it but to me, it's just really not all that interesting. I'm just wishing the whole time that I was watching Avengers instead. I know that's not what the show is and I understood that going in but it's not grabbing me on a "You should see these awesome human SHIELD agents" level at all.

They really need to up the personality depth with Agent Cheekbones, cause the only thing he's got is looks and his predictable relationship with Skye.

I think Skye and Melinda are fine, but the science duo (who are my favorite actually) really need to slow down. The speed in which they talk combined with the science lingo that I don't understand combined with the CONSTANT sass of Joss Whedon... Ugh, it hurts my head.

I enjoyed both episodes. I don't know much about the comics or the characters or some of the references, but I enjoyed it.

But why is Robin here and not at her wedding..

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Anyone else hate FitzSimmons?

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Anyone else hate FitzSimmons?
    Not really, no. I think they're cute.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I enjoyed both episodes. I don't know much about the comics or the characters or some of the references, but I enjoyed it.

But why is Robin here and not at her wedding..
    None of the characters of the comic have been referenced except ones that have already been in the movies.

Hidden:
    Specifically, Maria Hill in EP1 and Nick Fury in EP2. The other heroes are mentioned very briefly at times.

Each episode has been better than the previous IMO. This one tonight was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.
    3DS FC-0473-7772-2500
    PSN-Aniki_33

Show has arguably been pretty hit and miss with their dialog so far but this episode for me was pretty much all miss for me.
    A lot of cheesy shots and scenes.
    I actually was pretty bored this week.

I can settle for a show not being that great in the first few episodes, if there are elements in between that I enjoy.
    But the longer it goes on the higher the need for a show to find its rhythm fast before I lose interest.
    I'm waiting for that episode now that makes me go wow. I'll give it another 4 episodes, that's how long it took for parks and rec to catch me.

That said even if I drop this if the buzz is there for the later season I might pick in up again in a few years we'll see.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information