+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1311

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread: The Inhuman Cosplayers

Default Re: Marvel TV Series Thread: Anything DC can do...

Obviously, spoiler warning is in place for this video.
    NNID: TrowaAyanami
    3DS: 2964-8696-4030

So, yeah, finished Iron Fist. Not nearly as good as the other 3 shows before it. I think that's pretty obvious by now. I liked it fair enough though so I'm just kinda lukewarm about it.

Even on its own merits it just kinda falls flat and I think the main problem for me is the protagonist. He's not inspiring or charismatic when he's supposed to be heroic. He can't pull off thst angry dramatic look without looking like an angsty teen who was denied the latest Iphone for Christmas. His one saving grace which are his fight scenes are hit and miss.

Spoiler:
    Best fight scene in the entire season was the one in China with the drunken master. They should've brought that guy back for the finale
    The other characters were fine. I was most intrigued by a certain father-son dynamic.
    Everything's Eventual...

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Spoiler:
    Best fight scene in the entire season was the one in China with the drunken master. They should've brought that guy back for the finale
    Spoiler:
    This show had at least five antagonists and its the drunken fist bouncer that ends up being the most entertaining (aside from Madame Gao, all of her scenes throughout the Netflixverse steal the show).

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I hope the next season has Danny clean shaven. It's a weird thing to nitpick but it just seems off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I hope the next season has Danny clean shaven. It's a weird thing to nitpick but it just seems off.
    I hope he finally gets, you know, his mask.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I hope he finally gets, you know, his mask.
    Ah yeah. He'll have to. Can't be a billionaire walking around in Harlem and Hell's Kitchen beating up people. Imagine the headlines lol.

I'm sure you would not have forgotten the requested review.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Ah yeah. He'll have to. Can't be a billionaire walking around in Harlem and Hell's Kitchen beating up people. Imagine the headlines lol.
    I'd say that Daredevil's more likely to deal with that sooner or later since his secret identity's confidentiality is handled worse than Hannah Montana's.

Spoiler:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I'm sure you would not have forgotten the requested review.
    Life happens. It'll be up tonight.

This might be the greatest moment of superhero fame I have ever seen. This everything Booster gold has ever dreamt of.

No problem

I'd say that Daredevil's more likely to deal with that sooner or later since his secret identity's confidentiality is handled worse than Hannah Montana's.

Oh wow. Lol. That's so silly on so many levels. I had figured Dare Devil was a mopey kind of guy. He seems pretty happy go lucky.

Oh wow. Lol. That's so silly on so many levels. I had figured Dare Devil was a mopey kind of guy. He seems pretty happy go lucky.
    Oh, he's one of the most depressing heroes of all time. The latter two images are from a recent run by Mark Waid that was trying to go for a lighter feel after decades of Daredevil being about hardcore trauma and gritty noir elements. Believe it or not, Daredevil turned dark before Batman did (never forget the campy Silver Age).

Spoiler:

Oh, and Bullseye better be in Daredevil Season 3. I'm glad that Marvel didn't blow their load too quickly in awkwardly shoving him into the first two plots, but it's about time he finally showed up to make Daredevil's life a living hell. Sort of hoping other Daredevil villains finally show up too (Owl, Gladiator, Typhoid Mary, I wouldn't even mind a reworked Stilt-Man lol) since the only individual classic villain we've had is Kingpin. The Hand is a generic entity, Elektra is more of an ally than a foe, and Punisher is a whole other vigilante. Daredevil's rogues gallery is pretty underrated and full of kookiness.

Aww. Poor Ironfist is at 17% on Rotten Tomatoes with critics. But at 86% with audience lol.

Aww. Poor Ironfist is at 17% on Rotten Tomatoes with critics. But at 86% with audience lol.
    Better audience and worse critics than BvS. I guess we found the new polarizing superhero media.

It really is not for critics.

Episode 4
    Spoiler:

-We scrap the whole putting Rand back in his company conflict. That's good. The family dynamic even start to be interesting.

-The lawyer continue to be a delight. You can tell how uncomfortable he is to have a man stick his head under his desk while you sitting on the other side with your dress above the knees. Also no hugs. I was kind of hoping she would stick around to make Danny more business savy.

-Ward is probably my favorite character for how blase he is about all that stuff going on. He just seems to want the night off. Just look at him take that pill when dad is calling.

-Daddy Ward is trying plenty villain trope this episode. We have villain that pretends to be a friend at the beginning. We have the villain is a secret ninja and we got villain with a heart. The last one kind of worked. Let's hope it sticks a little.

-New favorite of the show is the cage animator. The guy brings the hype but you can see he just want his business to run smooth and no stupid fighting junkies.

-Danny is still kind of an idiot or kind of simple-minded. I'm not sure. More than half of his choices are questionable.

-Clunky exposition is clunky but I sure would appreciate if it was new info.

-Those dude with hatchets reminded me that asian movie with the guy born every thousand and that did the Buddha palm at the end. A fairly funny movie that had the axe gang and a giant battle with 3 martial artist vs the giant gang. Fun movie.

-Not the best fighting scenes. Danny barely seems to be trying when he fights. When the axe got thrown I imagined him catching it and throwing it back. Best moment was Cousin sister throwing a punch. Watching her in the background is kind of funny. I suppose she is going to take some lessons.

-Still not the biggest fan of Danny but it seems the series is getting more enjoyable.
    Last edited by desa; March 20th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.

Did anyone else get a William Dafoe vibe from Walter? I kept expecting him to say "Spider-man!"
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Better audience and worse critics than BvS. I guess we found the new polarizing superhero media.

It really is not for critics.

Episode 4
    Spoiler:

-We scrap the whole putting Rand back in his company conflict. That's good. The family dynamic even start to be interesting.

-The lawyer continue to be a delight. You can tell how uncomfortable he is to have a man stick his head under his desk while you sitting on the other side with your dress above the knees. Also no hugs. I was kind of hoping she would stick around to make Danny more business savy.

-Ward is probably my favorite character for how blase he is about all that stuff going on. He just seems to want the night off. Just look at him take that pill when dad is calling.

-Daddy Ward is trying plenty villain trope this episode. We have villain that pretends to be a friend at the beginning. We have the villain is a secret ninja and we got villain with a heart. The last one kind of worked. Let's hope it sticks a little.

-New favorite of the show is the cage animator. The guy brings the hype but you can see he just want his business to run smooth and no stupid fighting junkies.

-Danny is still kind of an idiot or kind of simple-minded. I'm not sure. More than half of his choices are questionable.

-Clunky exposition is clunky but I sure would appreciate if it was new info.

-Those dude with hatchets reminded me that asian movie with the guy born every thousand and that did the Buddha palm at the end. A fairly funny movie that had the axe gang and a giant battle with 3 martial artist vs the giant gang. Fun movie.

-Not the best fighting scenes. Danny barely seems to be trying when he fights. When the axe got thrown I imagined him catching it and throwing it back. Best moment was Cousin sister throwing a punch. Watching her in the background is kind of funny. I suppose she is going to take some lessons.

-Still not the biggest fan of Danny but it seems the series is getting more enjoyable.
    KUNG FU HUSTLE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

Goddamnit, Danny Rand sucks. His characterization just plain sucks. I'll get more into my thoughts later.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Spoiler:
    The other characters were fine. I was most intrigued by a certain father-son dynamic.
    What's made worse like salt on the wound is that Lewis Tan - the half-Chinese actor with extensive training in martial arts - applied for and was turned down for the lead role of Iron Fist, and his brief portrayal as the Drunken fighting master in episode 8 was actually one the most entertaining highlights of the entire season. This leaves me with a very disappointing taste of what could have been if they had cast differently.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/lewis...interview.html
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; March 20th, 2017 at 05:54 PM.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

I actually thoroughly enjoyed iron fist, was it the greatest show ever, no definitely not, and it wasn't as fun as the other Netflix shows, but I enjoyed it nonetheless

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Wrap your head around this. When Power rangers came out, (The original) they hired actors who had martial arts experience. They didn't do that for this show. Power rangers gave more thought to their fighting scenes than Iron fist.

Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    KUNG FU HUSTLE!
    Yeaaaah.

That movie deserve every bit of the 90% on rotten tomatoes. It knew how to have fun with a concept. I laughed for a good chunk of it.

Yeaaaah.

That movie deserve every bit of the 90% on rotten tomatoes. It knew how to have fun with a concept. I laughed for a good chunk of it.
    That fight with the 3 masters vs the army of thugs is better than every fight in Iron fist put together. Though tbf that's a pretty damn impressive fight scene. Imo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information