+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1276

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread: The Inhuman Cosplayers

Default Re: Marvel TV Series Thread: Anything DC can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    That fight with the 3 masters vs the army of thugs is better than every fight in Iron fist put together. Though tbf that's a pretty damn impressive fight scene.
    As you said the fight in Kung Fu Hustle was pretty damn impressive. I really should rewatch that movie.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    Did anyone else get a William Dafoe vibe from Walter? I kept expecting him to say "Spider-man!"
    And by Walter I mean Harold.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Episode 5

Spoiler:

Claire is finally here

But damn that was the most half-ass way to shove her in. Rhis definitely the moment that convince me they just have some bullet points for the episodes.

When you know the other shows it's weird to see her appear and meet Danny. Considering the setting she is is introduced it would have been easy to introduce her 1 or 2 episodes before and have her meet Danny and this one. But that would require planning ahead. It is than followed by a akward dinner which for the sake of the awkward exposition has Claire deliver some questions that do not for one bit feel natural. Once the little exposition is finished we finally have her live.

Later on the same day they actually need a nurse proving once again how little the thought ahead by having Claire appear in the same episode her service will be needed which make her feel super convenient rather than an organic character. Hell, she even offer information about the hand in the same goddamn episode. There should be a limit to how much of a plot convenience you are.

To their defense the lawyer was well integrated enough.

- Colleen still seems orgasmic at some moment when fighting Danny(or comparing sword technique).

-Danny is supposedly the best yet he finds a way to let the guy stabbed. I am having a hard time believing he is better than Daredevil. Maybe in this MCU he is not.

-Ward would have thrown that heroin out. There's just no way he would have kept heroine in his office. I am also not a fan of him becomming an addict.

-Also I doubt Ward would doubt Danny about the merchandise considering what he already knows.

-Madame Gao is revealed that's cool to.
    Last edited by desa; March 21st, 2017 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Episode 5

Spoiler:

Claire is finally here

But damn that was the most half-ass way to shove her in. Rhis definitely the moment that convince me they just have some bullet points for the episodes.

When you know the other shows it's weird to see her appear and meet Danny. Considering the setting she is is introduced it would have been easy to introduce her 1 or 2 episodes before and have her meet Danny and this one. But that would require planning ahead. It is than followed by a akward dinner which for the sake of the awkward exposition has Claire deliver some questions that do not for one bit feel natural. Once the little exposition is finished we finally have her live.

Later on the same day they actually need a nurse proving once again how little the thought ahead by having Claire appear in the same episode her service will be needed which make her feel super convenient rather than an organic character. Hell, she even offer information about the hand in the same goddamn episode. There should be a limit to how much of a plot convenience you are.

To their defense the lawyer was well integrated enough.

- Colleen still seems orgasmic at some moment when fighting Danny(or comparing sword technique).

-Danny is supposedly the best yet he finds a way to let the guy stabbed. I am having a hard time believing he is better than Daredevil. Maybe in this MCU he is not.

-Ward would have thrown that heroin out. There's just no way he would have kept heroine in his office. I am also not a fan of him becomming an addict.

-Also I doubt Ward would doubt Danny about the merchandise considering what he already knows.
    Spoiler:
    Claire is seen taking a flier for Colleens self defense classes at the end of daredevil season 2 in case you didn't know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I'm on episode 11. But if you want to know when Claire shows up, it's:

Spoiler:

Episode 5. And in a rather weird sudden and nonchalant way.
    Episode 5

Spoiler:

Claire is finally here

Later on the same day they actually need a nurse proving once again how little the thought ahead by having Claire appear in the same episode her service will be needed which make her feel super convenient rather than an organic character. Hell, she even offer information about the hand in the same goddamn episode. There should be a limit to how much of a plot convenience you are in just one episode.[

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    Spoiler:
    Claire is seen taking a flier for Colleens self defense classes at the end of daredevil season 2 in case you didn't know
    Spoiler:
    Actually Luke Cage season 1. After Darevil she left her job and visit her mom.

Her integration is still handled badly in the this show.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Episode 5

Spoiler:

Claire is finally here

Later on the same day they actually need a nurse proving once again how little the thought ahead by having Claire appear in the same episode her service will be needed which make her feel super convenient rather than an organic character. Hell, she even offer information about the hand in the same goddamn episode. There should be a limit to how much of a plot convenience you are in just one episode.[

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Actually Luke Cage season 1. After Darevil she left her job and visit her mom.

Her integration is still handled badly in the this show.
    Ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

I watched the whole series. I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like plotwise is Danny becoming so damn “confused“ mid season. I actually really liked the naive Danny from the first half of the season.

Another thing that bothered me from the beginning to the end and I can't really forgive is the low quality fighting choreography. Besides 1 or maximum 2 fights it was really bad. Sadly my expectations were really high since Daredevils was really good and due to the martial arts setting I expected it to be far better. It was way too boring and had waaaaay too many cuts.

Rethinking it there was also a third thing that I was disappointed of: the soundtrack. But I presume this is just because of me comparing it with Luke Cage.

This series is a 7/10 for me.

Speaking of music that reminds me...

Spoiler:
    There's no way Danny used that Ipod to help meditate during his 15 years in Ku'Lun right? There's no way the battery would have lasted that long. I'm thinking that thing ran out of batteries in its first week of use and has been sitting in his bag for 15 years until he could finally recharge it once he got back to our dimension. I know he never said he used it in Ku'Lun but it was kinda implied this was a regular routine of his. Unless he used it veeerrrryyyy sparingly.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Speaking of music that reminds me...

Spoiler:
    There's no way Danny used that Ipod to help meditate during his 15 years in Ku'Lun right? There's no way the battery would have lasted that long. I'm thinking that thing ran out of batteries in its first week of use and has been sitting in his bag for 15 years until he could finally recharge it once he got back to our dimension. I know he never said he used it in Ku'Lun but it was kinda implied this was a regular routine of his. Unless he used it veeerrrryyyy sparingly.
    This is also the same univerese where the monastery in Dr. Strange had wifi. I'm willing to believe there was maybe an outlet at this one lol.

Maybe they just had electricity and Wi-Fi - they're no savages.

Lol, maybe you all are right. Everything described about the place just made it seem like it was running without modern conveniences. Seeing as how though the city was built around a spaceship maybe they've adapted some of that technology. Plus, they've had some contact with the modern world a couple of times I assume so who knows what they've learned.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    What's made worse like salt on the wound is that Lewis Tan - the half-Chinese actor with extensive training in martial arts - applied for and was turned down for the lead role of Iron Fist, and his brief portrayal as the Drunken fighting master in episode 8 was actually one the most entertaining highlights of the entire season. This leaves me with a very disappointing taste of what could have been if they had cast differently.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/lewis...interview.html
    That guy was so charismatic. Too bad. They really should've hired someone with martial arts experience.

NNID: jervinnectar

Goddamnit, Danny Rand sucks. His characterization just plain sucks. I'll get more into my thoughts later.

What's made worse like salt on the wound is that Lewis Tan - the half-Chinese actor with extensive training in martial arts - applied for and was turned down for the lead role of Iron Fist, and his brief portrayal as the Drunken fighting master in episode 8 was actually one the most entertaining highlights of the entire season. This leaves me with a very disappointing taste of what could have been if they had cast differently.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/lewis...interview.html
    I missed this comment and I don't know how.

Wow, we can't truthfully tell from his drunken acting how he would have fared overall in Danny Rand's place but, hell, at this point I would be fine trying anyone else if we could go back in time. Lewis Tan left a far better impression on me in the short time he was given on the show. In Finn Jones's defense though he had the pressure of carrying most of the show on his back and more screentime to be criticized on so, again, can't really tell if Lewis Tan would've been a better lead. Still, what is clear to me at this point is based off of Finn Jones's performance and portrayal that he was not the right choice.
    Everything's Eventual...

Finished watching Iron Fist.

I guess I enjoyed it, for what it was ... and that's an important distinction, I think. This is set in New York, I wasn't expecting him to hang around Chinatown all throughout, but while Daredevil showed us the underground, Luke Cage the street life, each with its own identity, this one on the other hand had none, at least not the one I was wanted.

I was expecting more martial arts. Danny barely even uses that damned iron fist of his. I certainly understand the rotten tomatoes score. It's based on a thumbs up or down system, and I certainly wouldn't recommend this to anyone even though I found good things in it.

I'm really interested in seeing The Defenders now. Finn Jones was not good as Danny Rand. At times it was the writing, and other times it was his acting - his monotome voice, especially. And so I'm curious if he'll be any better in The Defenders.

But good lord the man is a buffoon. I get he's been living in a monastery and he may not realize people aren't familiar with the supernatural as he is, but so many headaches could've been avoided if he just learned how to explain things better. "Your favorite color is emerald! Only Danny Rand would know that!"

Spoiler:
    I liked Ward cus the most because I understood his pain.

And now Joy wants Danny killed. What the hellish hell is that?

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    Spoiler:
    I liked Ward cus the most because I understood his pain.

And now Joy wants Danny killed. What the hellish hell is that?
    Spoiler:
    That was kind of a 180 right? I know she loved her father and all but it was Ward who killed him (again), and when everything started going to hell after Danny's return she was one of the kinder people towards him. Understandably cautious and reluctant but still kind for her circumstances. Now her planning Danny's death is a little crazy and seems out of character especially since she spent the first half of the season questioning their negative behavior towards him and the 2nd half of the season caringly integrating him into the company.
    Everything's Eventual...

Spoiler:
    That was kind of a 180 right? I know she loved her father and all but it was Ward who killed him (again), and when everything started going to hell after Danny's return she was one of the kinder people towards him. Understandably cautious and reluctant but still kind for her circumstances. Now her planning Danny's death is a little crazy and seems out of character especially since she spent the first half of the season questioning their negative behavior towards him and the 2nd half of the season caringly integrating him into the company.
    Spoiler:
    It is mot definitely jarring.

If Danny hadn't arrived, then maybe her father wouldn't have showed up (unless he had another way of destroying The Hand). From there everything went in motion. And her life (which she loved) would've stayed the same. And for that she might've wished he'd never showed up, and in the spur of the moment hit him or something.

But plotting an assassination? No no, I don't buy it. I've read that's also what she does in the comics, but she knows her father is not well.

Regarding Harold, I wished he hadn't been responsible for the murder of Danny's parents. I was hoping he'd have a different story arc. One who was a good guy, but coming back from life changed him, unhinged him, and he descends more and more into darkness after each time he dies and comes back, all the while trying desperately, harder each time, to piece his family together.

There could've been some tragedy there. A good man driven mad. A moment where he realizes what he'd become. But instead we got an evil drug selling guy, who simply became more evil with each turn. And that's not interesting. So when he dies, you can't even mourn what he once was. I liked the actor though.
    Last edited by baby-boo; March 22nd, 2017 at 04:03 PM.

Spoiler:
    since she spent the 2nd half of the season caringly integrating him into the company.
    Spoiler:
    That he then proceeded to almost run his father's company into the ground with zero business experience and idiotic naive idealism ("selling the drugs at cost"). Hell, the first four episodes were about him wanting to be a part of his company soooo damn much, then he spends the rest of the season dodging vital board meetings, leaving the Meachums to do all the damage control, and looking so annoyed and sulking whenever he's forced to show up!

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    I liked the actor who played Harold though.
    I had a mini mind-explosion when I realized that he was Carl from Van Helsing lol
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; March 22nd, 2017 at 04:21 PM.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Spoiler:
    That he then proceeded to almost run his father's company into the ground with zero business experience and idiotic naive idealism ("selling the drugs at cost"). Hell, the first four episodes were about him wanting to be a part of his company soooo damn much, then he spends the rest of the season dodging vital board meetings, leaving the Meachums to do all the damage control, and looking so annoyed and sulking whenever he's forced to show up!

I had a mini mind-explosion when I realized that he was Carl from Van Helsing lol
    Spoiler:
    One of those decisions he made she was pretty ok with because of all the good publicity. And even after they all got booted from the company she wanted to get all 3 of them back in. She kept saying "And Danny" so it still doesn't feel like she hated him and wanted to kill him.
    Everything's Eventual...

Just saw some quotes from Finn Jones describing him getting his choreography 15 minutes before the shoots. If this is true than the director is to blame for his abysmal fighting performance.

The writer is also a tremendous ass.

http://nextshark.com/iron-fist-co-cr...st-trash-llag/

I used to defend Finn's casting cause it was sticking with the comics. His acting was okay but he definitely didn't convince me he was playing someone with years of martial arts training. But if that other story is true it really does answer a lot of questions.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information