+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1296

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread: The Inhuman Cosplayers

Default Re: Marvel TV Series Thread: The Inhuman Cosplayers

I don't know how I feel about these attempts at expanding the X-Men franchise on tv. I've heard great things about Legion, and can accept that considering that from what I've seen and heard about it, it looks to break from the mold and is pretty original(and short). Gifted just looks like another Heroes-esque show with the only connection to Marvel being "mutants". I could be dead wrong on all of this, but at least that's what this show appears to be to me.

Not every show has to share a continuity, and be a part of an expanded universe. But it feels like Fox wants the appearance of one. Putting Bryan Singer's name on that show only increases my opinion on this. They want to say "Yup, you know those awesome Wolverine and his Merry Men movies we made, it's like them because they're mutants, and if you're lucky, we may namedrop an X-man."

Something like Legion being it's own continuity, or just being loosely implied to be related is fine, as it seems to have many more things to focus on than a franchise connection(and I have seen one seen of David referencing Xavier, so I know they've at least went that far. But considering the already shit continuity in the films(a large part of it being Singer's fault) trying to expand the X-men just feels like Fox has the piggy bank with an X on it, and are just violently shaking it for pennies now.

Between this project, the Gambit movie which seems to be going nowhere, and these other rumors /confirmations of X related films, it's starting to remind of me the pre-First Class time. When Fox was pretty much full on board with the idea of doing a series of "X-Men Origins" movies to expand on certain characters. XOW bombed, Origins: Magneto was redundant by the time First Class came around, and then we got a sequel to The Last Stand, and then a time travel film. Fox went from focusing on expanding the original trilogy's characters, to a good prequel, to a crossover film with the two casts, to now focusing on anything other than the X-men. Yes, we're getting a Dark Phoenix movie. But do I think that will expand on the characters like Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Storm? Not a chance. I'd bet all my money that while it will focus on Jean, it will heavily focus on Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and MAYBE some Hank.

A movie like Deadpool not giving a fuck about continuity makes sense. Legion is a bit of a mind fuck on it's own and they're telling an interesting story, so it's fine. But I'm just bored at the prospect of "Bryan Singer brings you: Some people with powers because having Mutants around is a cheap way to give characters power and create drama".

Contrast to Agents of SHIELD which set up the Inhumans seasons ago, established how they came to be, and the Inhumans show is going to focus on this specific segment of the race that has been mainly separate from the rest of mankind. They set up the idea of these characters being around years ago, established why they would be independent from the rest of the world, and now we'll explore it.

Fox creating a show focusing on young mutants is exploring something we've seen thoughout the entire X-men franchise already. Hell, this was pretty much the point of Rogue's character in the first film. We've seen a scared kid get powers, learn to accept them, and get friends. We've seen the impacts of mutants with family and paranoia with Bobby Drake. Again, I could be dead wrong, but this just seems like another milking of the X-men franchise without any of the X-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I don't know how I feel about these attempts at expanding the X-Men franchise on tv. I've heard great things about Legion, and can accept that considering that from what I've seen and heard about it, it looks to break from the mold and is pretty original(and short). Gifted just looks like another Heroes-esque show with the only connection to Marvel being "mutants". I could be dead wrong on all of this, but at least that's what this show appears to be to me.

Not every show has to share a continuity, and be a part of an expanded universe. But it feels like Fox wants the appearance of one. Putting Bryan Singer's name on that show only increases my opinion on this. They want to say "Yup, you know those awesome Wolverine and his Merry Men movies we made, it's like them because they're mutants, and if you're lucky, we may namedrop an X-man."

Something like Legion being it's own continuity, or just being loosely implied to be related is fine, as it seems to have many more things to focus on than a franchise connection(and I have seen one seen of David referencing Xavier, so I know they've at least went that far. But considering the already shit continuity in the films(a large part of it being Singer's fault) trying to expand the X-men just feels like Fox has the piggy bank with an X on it, and are just violently shaking it for pennies now.

Between this project, the Gambit movie which seems to be going nowhere, and these other rumors /confirmations of X related films, it's starting to remind of me the pre-First Class time. When Fox was pretty much full on board with the idea of doing a series of "X-Men Origins" movies to expand on certain characters. XOW bombed, Origins: Magneto was redundant by the time First Class came around, and then we got a sequel to The Last Stand, and then a time travel film. Fox went from focusing on expanding the original trilogy's characters, to a good prequel, to a crossover film with the two casts, to now focusing on anything other than the X-men. Yes, we're getting a Dark Phoenix movie. But do I think that will expand on the characters like Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Storm? Not a chance. I'd bet all my money that while it will focus on Jean, it will heavily focus on Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and MAYBE some Hank.

A movie like Deadpool not giving a fuck about continuity makes sense. Legion is a bit of a mind fuck on it's own and they're telling an interesting story, so it's fine. But I'm just bored at the prospect of "Bryan Singer brings you: Some people with powers because having Mutants around is a cheap way to give characters power and create drama".

Contrast to Agents of SHIELD which set up the Inhumans seasons ago, established how they came to be, and the Inhumans show is going to focus on this specific segment of the race that has been mainly separate from the rest of mankind. They set up the idea of these characters being around years ago, established why they would be independent from the rest of the world, and now we'll explore it.

Fox creating a show focusing on young mutants is exploring something we've seen thoughout the entire X-men franchise already. Hell, this was pretty much the point of Rogue's character in the first film. We've seen a scared kid get powers, learn to accept them, and get friends. We've seen the impacts of mutants with family and paranoia with Bobby Drake. Again, I could be dead wrong, but this just seems like another milking of the X-men franchise without any of the X-men.
    Well said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

Agents of Shield, S4 Ep21 - The Return

Spoiler:
    Ivanov said it best. Ophelia is like an infant when it comes to emotions and she is experiencing the whole range of them in the shortest time span imaginable. Of course she can't stay sane throughout that.

I liked her being on the side of good thanks to Fitz (and herself). And I liked her going crazy thanks to Ivanov (and herself). It's another version of what Ward and Fitz went through. I could be reaching. I guess she wouldn't have needed Ivanov as an influence to want to hurt our agents. That visceral scream when Fitz rejects her! What the Superior does do is open her eyes to new possibilities of vengeance. And he may be turning Ophelia into an alcoholic.

Or maybe she is an addict now that she carries some of Lincoln's DNA. She most likely has Jiaying's powers as well. What a double sucker punch for Daisy. Great offense, perfect defense, and mobility to top it of. Great choices. She may also have Vijay's genes but I'm not sure that will be relevant. And we don't actually know what he does anyway.

Fortunately Simmons knows not to turn off the feed before Fitz can clarify that he still needs her and only her. No miscommunications, thank you very much.

Our trio of second-tier agents gets real lippy with the others. Deservedly so, I'd say. It's been a tough 10 days for everybody. And then 'I still don't know his name' gets his neck broken. :/ Davis might be dead but we never saw, so probably not.

What else, what else...

Coulson tip-toes around the awkwardness of what happened with the May LMD.
    Talbot is back to be casually racist.
    Yoyo enters a horror movie. I hope she can find some wild Terrigen.

And Robbie Reyes comes back. I don't know why but I hope I will after next week's episode. Beyond the plot demanding him to be there.
    I hear we should know about S5 by friday so keep your fingers crossed!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Amy Acker is in The Gifted so I'll at least be checking it out.
    Last edited by Huschel; May 10th, 2017 at 02:53 AM.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

3DS Friend Code: 0619 - 7302 - 6515 Oops, lost my 3DS... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Agents of Shield, S4 Ep21 - The Return

Spoiler:
    Ivanov said it best. Ophelia is like an infant when it comes to emotions and she is experiencing the whole range of them in the shortest time span imaginable. Of course she can't stay sane throughout that.

I liked her being on the side of good thanks to Fitz (and herself). And I liked her going crazy thanks to Ivanov (and herself). It's another version of what Ward and Fitz went through. I could be reaching. I guess she wouldn't have needed Ivanov as an influence to want to hurt our agents. That visceral scream when Fitz rejects her! What the Superior does do is open her eyes to new possibilities of vengeance. And he may be turning Ophelia into an alcoholic.

Or maybe she is an addict now that she carries some of Lincoln's DNA. She most likely has Jiaying's powers as well. What a double sucker punch for Daisy. Great offense, perfect defense, and mobility to top it of. Great choices. She may also have Vijay's genes but I'm not sure that will be relevant. And we don't actually know what he does anyway.

Fortunately Simmons knows not to turn off the feed before Fitz can clarify that he still needs her and only her. No miscommunications, thank you very much.

Our trio of second-tier agents gets real lippy with the others. Deservedly so, I'd say. It's been a tough 10 days for everybody. And then 'I still don't know his name' gets his neck broken. :/ Davis might be dead but we never saw, so probably not.

What else, what else...

Coulson tip-toes around the awkwardness of what happened with the May LMD.
    Talbot is back to be casually racist.
    Yoyo enters a horror movie. I hope she can find some wild Terrigen.

And Robbie Reyes comes back. I don't know why but I hope I will after next week's episode. Beyond the plot demanding him to be there.
    Spoiler:
    To me this episode had the first big misstep of the arc. Orphelia going crazy.

While not everything as not be always optimal they were at least passable and serviceable. This plot tho transform the Orphelia into a cartoony broken mess with unstoppable power more akin to a funny cartoon than the fairly great character exploration the story has been having. The idea could work but the total over the top presention ruins it.

At least she did not bang/pork the Russian.

Aside from that the episode was pretty good as always. I loved Coulson and May's interactions during the whole episode. Especially that moment where she is pissed that he opened their bottle.

The exploration of Fitz and Orphelia as they are just out is also pretty good. The way they analyze the action they made. I liked Fitz comparing himself to Ward. I loved Orphelia first step into the real world and feelings.

The whole go to the beach to feel the water might be super cliché but it works. That moment she realize she is scared of dying is pretty powerful to. That pure moment of joy after saving Mac is palpable. I also love the bonding moment in the cell. And it's interesting to see how much she relies on Fitz guidance in her first moments.

Jemma struggle is real and I liked that the Framework experience was considered as a life. I want that level of blurriness in something that explore such an high level of simulation.

Little things like how on edge the crew without outright being assholish is and Yoyo saying to Daisy she should have pushed Mac makes the episode even better.

The crazy Orphelia plot took my excitement away as to how they will close such a great arc but as an episode it was still a pretty good one.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:
    To me this episode had the first big misstep of the arc. Orphelia going crazy.

While not everything as not be always optimal they were at least passable and serviceable. This plot tho transform the Orphelia into a cartoony broken mess with unstoppable power more akin to a funny cartoon than the fairly great character exploration the story has been having. The idea could work but the total over the top presention ruins it.

At least she did not bang/pork the Russian.

Aside from that the episode was pretty good as always. I loved Coulson and May's interactions during the whole episode. Especially that moment where she is pissed that he opened their bottle.

The exploration of Fitz and Orphelia as they are just out is also pretty good. The way they analyze the action they made. I liked Fitz comparing himself to Ward. I loved Orphelia first step into the real world and feelings.

The whole go to the beach to feel the water might be super cliché but it works. That moment she realize she is scared of dying is pretty powerful to. That pure moment of joy after saving Mac is palpable. I also love the bonding moment in the cell. And it's interesting to see how much she relies on Fitz guidance in her first moments.

Jemma struggle is real and I liked that the Framework experience was considered as a life. I want that level of blurriness in something that explore such an high level of simulation.

Little things like how on edge the crew without outright being assholish is and Yoyo saying to Daisy she should have pushed Mac makes the episode even better.

The crazy Orphelia plot took my excitement away as to how they will close such a great arc but as an episode it was still a pretty good one.
    Spoiler:
    Ohpelia being unhinged now does make the end-game rather simple. Fitz and the others don't have to try and empathize with her because now she's just trying to destroy the world. No moral dilemma at all.

There's an alternate path here where Ophelia doesn't have all these powers and the team has to accept that she is not to blame (or is she?) while the final villain is the army of Ivanovs. I might have quite liked that, too.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Ohpelia being unhinged now does make the end-game rather simple. Fitz and the others don't have to try and empathize with her because now she's just trying to destroy the world. No moral dilemma at all.
    Spoiler:

I mean you can have the same thing by just saying she needs to be held accountable for the real people she killed and her refusing to pay for stuff Aida did. It's basically the same as the framework conflict. Or keep the whole thing the whole thing just without her going over the top(and probably build up her powers through the episode).

I don't mind the absence of morale dilemma to much.It's really the what they have done to Ophelia that troubles me. She suddenly transform from a interesting character to a cartoonish version of herself. So we switch from having to face a real character to having to face a character to facing a cardboard cartoonish evil housewife with all the power throws into her.

When Ophelia appears last episode and she teleports it's still interesting because you have seen the chracter work her ass off to get to that point and the discovery of human emotions makes you wonder where she is going even as evil but when She suddenly turns crazy she lose that interesting attribute and throwing the other powers in that moment just makes you realize how empty and serviceable of a villain she suddenly became. Hell, there's even a random conquer the world in it. Concocted by random minion number 37 (AKA the Russian), which the show is trying to make us take seriously despite Coulson already explaining how insignificant he is.

The writers have been pretty great but I doubt they can give me a satisfying finale at this point.

It's a real shame. But I will say that moment when Fitz switch from connecting to Ophelia to realizing he's close to murderous lunatic is funny as hell. Fitz is really the MVP of that arc for me. He just makes everything works.

Spoiler:
    There's an alternate path here where Ophelia doesn't have all these powers and the team has to accept that she is not to blame (or is she?) while the final villain is the army of Ivanovs. I might have quite liked that, too.
    Spoiler:
    There's a lot of alternate path. One where Ophelia teams up with Fitz(wonky but interesting), one where ophelia tries to close herself by emulating Aida to not suffer(intersting in how much she wanted to be human), One where Fitz choose Ophelia or neither, one where Ophelia teams up with them(probably dies to the russian), One where the same stuff happen but it is true revenge without the over the top or the conquer the world, one where ophelia has a fucked plan they are forced to stop but Fitz is tortured by having to kill her when she just got to start experimenting being human.

None ivolve porking the russian or over the top cartoon.

Considering how totally unimpressed I was by the Superior when he first showed up (I didn't even realize it was him because he bored me so much), I have come to enjoy his role in the series and how the actor portrays him. He's pretty much over it all.
    Spoiler:

Considering how totally unimpressed I was by the Superior when he first showed up (I didn't even realize it was him because he bored me so much), I have come to enjoy his role in the series and how the actor portrays him. He's pretty much over it all.
    With a name like the superior you would think the guy could avoid constantly looking like an henchman.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Defenders Trailer:

I am excited for all of them except Danny Rand. His series really did not sell me on the character. Although I am kind of scared they keep Claire as preachy as she was in the Iron Fist.

Last edited by Huschel; May 11th, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler:

That Coulson pose is awesome.

Agents of Shield, S4 Ep22 - World's End

Spoiler:
    I would say this was one of the weaker season finales and definitely not as strong as the episodes leading up to it.

The beginning felt choppy to me with people jumping around from location to location.
    Talbot gets shot in the head for shock value but he's totally fine.
    The dialogue was not good. Exposition upon exposition about things we already knew. Bottle of Haig, Ghostrider can hurt Ophelia, bottle of Haig, Ophelia is afraid of Ghostrider, Ophelia ran away from Ghostrider.
    And the teaser was very...underwhelming because it was so open-ended. I wonder if there were any clues there whatsoever. Maybe the green gadget that was used in the diner.

I liked some stuff. Leopold Fitz is a pretty good actor. Iain de Caestecker is better. I was disappointed about Iain not being very convincing when Simmons was in danger until I realized that Fitz wasn't actually feeling it. How remarkable that acting choices can make a twist obvious. I did not see coming that Ghostrider would slip into Coulson so that was cool. The teleportation fight was gimmicky but fun. And then it was over. I wasn't agreeing with desa last week about Ophelia's mental state being disappointing but she wasn't very interesting this episode and then she was dead.

Her (or the Superior's) plan was severely lacking, too. Is it just me or is the way the Darkhold brings about a fascist world still utterly vague? Why did they need to bring it to this meeting? Why did they think this magic book of obvious malevolence would convince anybody? Why did they leave it there to be scooped up by Coulson? And in the chase afterwards why did Robby stealth-kill the rando-bot instead of Ophelia? Agents of Shield is supposed to be better written than this.

Alright, while I'm ranting: if Mack and Yoyo had perished in the Framework I would have been so mad at both of them. Yoyo for choosing to die and Mack for being the reason for her death. Their exit would have been awful. But this anger I am alright with because the writing was solid. I just would have been mad at the characters (and the writers for making Hope stay around while everybody else is vanishing).

I need to mention more good things now:

Radcliffe's send-off.
    Fitz wanting to take the blame and Daisy reminding him that she tried that once. A great way to end that foolishness quickly.
    The scene at the diner with the team being just way too nonchalant and cool. The episode ended on a high note. In space.
    The Hellmouth getting mentioned. Although I feel like Daisy was being literal and not referencing Buffy. The writers were. Which again...a little clumsy and disappointing.

And on that note, sorry for this choppy review. I learned from the best.
    Season 5 can't come soon enough!
    Last edited by Huschel; May 17th, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
    Spoiler:

Season 4 Finale:

Spoiler:

Good end to a great season.

A great shame there was no chance at redemption for AIDA aka Ophelia. She had that moment last episode, then went batshit crazy after Fitz rejected her..... i was hoping for a bit more...and her death was a bit disappointing. I was hoping they coulda done a bit more with it.

Poor Mack. Had to go through losing his daughter a second time, though i'm glad he made it out. Though i have to say i wish they'd kept Agent Triplet in the show, he was more fun & interesting a character, and did great with Coulson.

Daisy & Robbie Reyes clearly have a thing between them....if he ever returns, i wonder if they'll explore that even more.

That ending though.....Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in space.....that's gonna be interesting

It sucks we gotta wait till Mid-Season for it to return....such a loooong wait. 7/8 months wait...
    Ugh. I just hope we get a decent sized season and not a reduced order

Well since it is coming back so late, that means that there won't be multiple month long waits between episodes. Look on the sunny side people.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Well since it is coming back so late, that means that there won't be multiple month long waits between episodes. Look on the sunny side people.
    As long as there is no reduction in episode order, I'm fine with it, even if i do hate waiting...

I liked this finale more than last season. At least I cared about the villain. Gonna make this simple and just reply to everything Huschel said. Before I forget, screw AoS for that final scene if you didn't get renewed!

Agents of Shield, S4 Ep22 - World's End

Spoiler:

The beginning felt choppy to me with people jumping around from location to location.
    Talbot gets shot in the head for shock value but he's totally fine.
    The dialogue was not good. Exposition upon exposition about things we already knew. Bottle of Haig, Ghostrider can hurt Ophelia, bottle of Haig, Ophelia is afraid of Ghostrider, Ophelia ran away from Ghostrider.
    Spoiler:

Yeah. Yo-yo and Radcliff going back and forth the entire episode didn't help either.

And the teaser was very...underwhelming because it was so open-ended. I wonder if there were any clues there whatsoever. Maybe the green gadget that was used in the diner.
    I like it, now that I know it'll be explained next season. Going to check around the internet for answers later but right now I'm thinking maybe the agents of SHIELD got locked up by SWORD. Maybe the darkhold Ghostrider stuff qualifies as "alien" and under their jurisdiction. I'm fine with just about anything. After four seasons I've finally accepted movie characters are not coming back to this show. F**k you Marvel movie department.

I liked some stuff. Leopold Fitz is a pretty good actor. Iain de Caestecker is better. I was disappointed about Iain not being very convincing when Simmons was in danger until I realized that Fitz wasn't actually feeling it. How remarkable that acting choices can make a twist obvious.
    Props to him and AIDA's actress. They kicked acting ass.

I did not see coming that Ghostrider would slip into Coulson so that was cool.
    A great twist and it has ramifications! Is Coulson dying or something? Guess we gotta wait. Gold star to Jemma for unloading on Ophelia.

The teleportation fight was gimmicky but fun. And then it was over. I wasn't agreeing with desa last week about Ophelia's mental state being disappointing but she wasn't very interesting this episode and then she was dead.
    Would've been nice if Ophelia had more depth in the end but she said it herself. She hung on to one emotion, vengeance. And how cool would it be if Ophelia and Ghostrider teleported into the Netflix verse, landing in Jessica Jones or Matt Murdock's office? Whatever show! Guess I'll take that subway shot and headcannon the Defenders are inside.

Her (or the Superior's) plan was severely lacking, too. Is it just me or is the way the Darkhold brings about a fascist world still utterly vague? Why did they need to bring it to this meeting? Why did they think this magic book of obvious malevolence would convince anybody? Why did they leave it there to be scooped up by Coulson? And in the chase afterwards why did Robby stealth-kill the rando-bot instead of Ophelia? Agents of Shield is supposed to be better written than this.
    The Darkhold is...magic and evil. That's all we get. Guess the Superior thought the folks in charge would become assholes like everyone else who read the book. All the other plot holes I'll blame on the Iron Fist showrunner because why not?

Alright, while I'm ranting: if Mack and Yoyo had perished in the Framework I would have been so mad at both of them. Yoyo for choosing to die and Mack for being the reason for her death. Their exit would have been awful. But this anger I am alright with because the writing was solid. I just would have been mad at the characters (and the writers for making Hope stay around while everybody else is vanishing).
    I want to see them leaving the Framework from inside. Was it a sad, slow walk through the door or a oh shit! Hope's dead, I'm outta here *zip!* mad dash?

I need to mention more good things now:

Radcliffe's send-off.
    I love that. One of my favorite moments in the episode. Reminded me of that old Candlejack mem-

Fitz wanting to take the blame and Daisy reminding him that she tried that once. A great way to end that foolishness quickly.
    The scene at the diner with the team being just way too nonchalant and cool. The episode ended on a high note. In space.
    The Hellmouth getting mentioned. Although I feel like Daisy was being literal and not referencing Buffy. The writers were. Which again...a little clumsy and disappointing.
    I liked that scene. The team wasn't goofy, just eating together as a family.

And on that note, sorry for this choppy review. I learned from the best.
    Leave desa alone!
    Last edited by Nectar; May 18th, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I liked this finale more than last season. At least I cared about the villain. Gonna make this simple and just reply to everything Huschel said. Before I forget, screw up AoS for that final scene if you didn't get renewed!

Spoiler:
    I like it, now that I know it'll be explained next season. Going to check around the internet for answers later but right now I'm thinking maybe the agents of SHIELD got locked up by SWORD. Maybe the darkhold Ghostrider stuff qualifies as "alien" and under their jurisdiction. I'm fine with just about anything. After four seasons I've finally accepted movie characters are not coming back to this show. F**k you Marvel movie department.
    Spoiler:
    I did not dislike it. It just wasn't Simmons getting sucked into the monolith. Or even Hot Topic Daisy on the run. I'm sure it'll be exciting.

Props to him and AIDA's actress. They kicked acting ass.
    This show has such a good main and supporting cast, it's ridiculous. They're all good and some are just exceptional.

Would've been nice if Ophelia had more depth in the end but she said it herself. She hung on to one emotion, vengeance. And how cool would it be if Ophelia and Ghostrider teleported into the Netflix verse, landing in Jessica Jones or Matt Murdock's office? Whatever show! Guess I'll take that subway shot and headcannon the Defenders are inside.
    Haha, headcanon accepted. I would have liked to see Ophelia struggling with her emotions one more time before doubling down on vengeance, I guess.

I want to see them leaving the Framework from inside. Was it a sad, slow walk through the door or a oh shit! Hope's dead, I'm outta here *zip!* mad dash?
    That would have taken away the suspense of them making it but yes, it would have been a better scene, I think. The sad, slow walk.
    Leave desa alone!
    No!

Additional thoughts:

Spoiler:
    So Ophelia is a being made of the Darkhold. Was that then where her healing powers come from? Because apparently it's not Jiaying as her powers worked and looked somewhat differently. But Fitz said she was unstoppable while mentioning all the Inhumans they had tested. He also name-drops Vijay whose ability she may have exhibited with her quick reflexes and awareness whenever somebody snuck up on her. At least that's what some people think. I'm not entirely convinced or satisfied with the portrayal if it is true.

Ophelia being a Darkhold creation which needs to be hunted down by the Ghostrider also finally drove it home for me that nobody else would get created from the Framework. The machine had already been lost but I still thought it would happen. I like the sendoff Ward ultimately got though, so that's okay.

The Russian still exists. Yay? I don't know. His attitude was fun at the end but I'd hoped that we'd be done with robots. Maybe he'll get one more episode somewhere during S5.

I thought this was a fun interview with Whedon and Bell about S4.
    Last edited by Huschel; May 18th, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Spoiler:

Forgot to mention:
    Spoiler:
    The hell was with that Talbot fake out! That was complete bullship! He's shot in the head, right? Dude should be dead. That really annoyed me.

Additional thoughts:

Spoiler:
    So Ophelia is a being made of the Darkhold. Was that then where her healing powers come from? Because apparently it's not Jiaying as her powers worked and looked somewhat differently. But Fitz said she was unstoppable while mentioning all the Inhumans they had tested. He also name-drops Vijay whose ability she may have exhibited with her quick reflexes and awareness whenever somebody snuck up on her. At least that's what some people think. I'm not entirely convinced or satisfied with the portrayal if it is true.
    Spoiler:

Maybe we'll see the healing inhuman in S5... Probably not.

The Russian still exists. Yay? I don't know. His attitude was fun at the end but I'd hoped that we'd be done with robots. Maybe he'll get one more episode somewhere during S5.

Spoiler:
    Rumor is the Russian is MCU MODOK. Guess that's a good thing. Depending on how he's used in the next season. Especially if Gravity Guy from season one comes back and crush his brain.

I thought this was a fun interview with Whedon and Bell about S4.
    Spoiler:
    Nice. Not much info about season five but we got confirmation they are in space. Surprised the interviewer didn't ask about SWORD. Yeah, I'd be fine with six or seven seasons at the least with ample time for them to give the fans a proper ending.

NNID: jervinnectar

Time for me to say something. I hated AIDA right from ep 1 which is probably why I watched Ep 1+2 when they came out and nothing more after until now. I watched it all and still don't like the Season. I just always hated AIDA and knew she was trouble from the getgo. Season Finale was very disappointing and so the season had a few emotional high points, all in all it just didn't grab me. The whole other world was just too much of a tease of characters we can't have anymore and then doesn't even have Bobby and Hunter.
    I also never liked Mace, so him dieing was just a shoulder shrug from me.

I'm probably the only one who'd rather have a Season like Season 1 again :x

There is too much plotarmour around and I wish for a big character death for S5. With that I mean a character who's been in this show from S1 onwards.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information