+ Reply to Thread
Page 1024 of 1024 FirstFirst ... 24 524 924 974 1014 1022 1023 1024
Results 20,461 to 20,474 of 20474

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    What was the point of making Linlin a big human instead of just a giant?
    Huh, how is that even the same thing lol

Well considering big mom was basically raised in elbaf...and her life before that mattered almost not at all...
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

What was the point of making Linlin a big human instead of just a giant? Maybe the disease ends up killing her? Parallels between Roger crew having someone with a disease that could not be cured, this crew did. :3
    For her backstory and motivation of wanting to unite all of the world's races. She's not a main character, only an arc antagonist. A main character in a cast as quirky as the Straw Hats though? A "giant but not really" character feels awfully redundant next to Chopper, Franky, Brook, and Jimbei. If her size isn't going to bring anything unique to the table, then why should she exist? You don't have any details going for her to compensate or justify that happening other than having osteoporosis, and she can just have osteoporosis normally for that.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

His question was broad, and I didn't want to spend hours writing why my imaginary character is valid or not., I am just stating characteristics that I like the last crewmate to have. I don't think I have seen anyone after Jimbe that screams Straw Hat material, besides Kinemon's butt.

So I have to assume it is a character we have not yet seen. So I make a list of characteristics the last crew member should/could have. For me it has to be someone from the New World.

So my response to Count was what else did Linlin being a big human bring besides being a generic destroyer/outcast. Even though there is a superficial aspect to it, it doesn't mean there are not ways to expand on it. But that questions is broad. I said disease, it could be a tribe of smaller giants. We know that not all giants are from Elbaf.

Why I insist on Elbaf, I find that is the last point in the story someone can join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Well considering big mom was basically raised in elbaf...and her life before that mattered almost not at all...
    Considering her backstory and current motivations, it obviously mattered somewhat that she's a human instead of a giant lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Considering her backstory and current motivations, it obviously mattered somewhat that she's a human instead of a giant lol
    Her dream was more tied to the faux dream of mother caramel, and it related to her being an orphan her being abandoned by giants from somewhere else wouldnt change too much, the giants didnt go all " I knew we cant trust humans" or anything her being an unwanted by her parents and later the giants and her being an outsider where the key parts
    Spoiler:

Linlin being a big human is also something the government has been looking to achieve for years. So there is a lot to explore in that area.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

His question was broad, and I didn't want to spend hours writing why my imaginary character is valid or not., I am just stating characteristics that I like the last crewmate to have. I don't think I have seen anyone after Jimbe that screams Straw Hat material, besides Kinemon's butt.

So I have to assume it is a character we have not yet seen. So I make a list of characteristics the last crew member should/could have. For me it has to be someone from the New World.

So my response to Count was what else did Linlin being a big human bring besides being a generic destroyer/outcast. Even though there is a superficial aspect to it, it doesn't mean there are not ways to expand on it. But that questions is broad. I said disease, it could be a tribe of smaller giants. We know that not all giants are from Elbaf.

Why I insist on Elbaf, I find that is the last point in the story someone can join.
    The fact that she wants her family gigantified so she could see them eye to eye. Her size was the reason she believed Carmel's lie and got inspired for her dream.

I know you're not sure of anybody, I only mean to say that wanting a giant who is not a giant feels lackluster and pointless, no matter how Oda spins their backstory.

You can insist that somebody joins in Elbaf, but it doesn't have to be a giant. Just like how a new member in Wano Country does not need to be a samurai.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Yeah it doesn't have to be a giant, and I say Kung Fu point, but I would be fine with her being the biggest member in the team.

And there are more reasons against it like the fleet having a giant crew, so she would have to be some sort of outkast even among the race of giants.

Although the Tontattas are dwarfs, I guess what I would want is a Gimli type of dwarf.

Her dream was more tied to the faux dream of mother caramel, and it related to her being an orphan her being abandoned by giants from somewhere else wouldnt change too much, the giants didnt go all " I knew we cant trust humans" or anything her being an unwanted by her parents and later the giants and her being an outsider where the key parts
    Don't really want to go into a big discussion over it, but the main point is that you couldn't just simply switch out her race like that, not without changing things here and there regarding both her past and present.

Imagine if the sunny was the size of orlumbus' ship
    Spoiler:

Imagine if the sunny was the size of orlumbus' ship
    Totally off-topic, but I still dream of a Suikoden 4 like game in the world of One Piece with Noah being the ship (in Suikoden you recruit an army of 108+ characters and you have an HQ where they all live, have shops. etc. On Suikoden 4 the HQ is a gigantic ship).

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Totally off-topic, but I still dream of a Suikoden 4 like game in the world of One Piece with Noah being the ship (in Suikoden you recruit an army of 108+ characters and you have an HQ where they all live, have shops. etc. On Suikoden 4 the HQ is a gigantic ship).
    That would be awesome so long as it has at least somewhat decent execution unlike Suikoden 4.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    That would be awesome so long as it has at least somewhat decent execution unlike Suikoden 4.
    Ehn the game was nice, the encounter rate was the most annoying thing(seems to be what most people complain about), but it is the worse in the series for sure.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information