+ Reply to Thread
Page 1033 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 33 533 933 983 1023 1031 1032 1033
Results 20,641 to 20,647 of 20647

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Hence why I said the side trip. And that's okay, many believe the same except Luffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

I can't wait for Oda to show the dynamics will have in the crew, maybe then people will finally see him as a good fit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I can't wait for Oda to show the dynamics will have in the crew, maybe then people will finally see him as a good fit lol
    maybe, but prob not lol

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    That's essentially how I see things going down as well. The People of Fishman Island migrating to the surface will represent the symbolic peace between Fishman and humans Jinbe dreams of. The new beginning of sorts.
    Probably. The only question is what the cause of Fishman Island's destruction will be. Even if Luffy does destroy it, it can be in danger from somebody else at the start of a "Return to Fishman Island" arc. I doubt he would literally try to wreck the place in an already peaceful and stable state.

I like to believe that Fishman Island is going to be the island that gets destroyed as an example of Pluton's power, which is said to be able to destroy islands, somewhere before or after Raftel. The only person I see wielding an Ancient Weapon like Pluton though is Blackbeard. And it would be a very ironic sight since Whitebeard became Fishman Island's ally by protecting it from pirates years ago. But hey, the World Government could try destroying the place too.

I will say though that I doubt Fishman Island being under Mariejois and the Red Line is purely an ironic coincidence on Oda's part, as well as the Sunlight Eve Tree being around that area too. If, say, Pluton unleashes a destructive attack on the topside of the Red Line, what's to say that Fishman Island won't suffer effects from such an assault?

The only thing I'm having a hard time figuring out is will this all take place after Luffy is already The Pirate King ? because I think the Great War Oda keeps teasing is bigger than the inevitable fight with The Blackbeard Pirates. Once the truth of the Void Century breaks and the true meaning of D becomes public, it'll be total Chaos and I can't see any peaceful resolutions with all of the tension being built up with the World Government just because Luffy becomes the most powerful Pirate. Even Roger and anyone affiliated with him was still hunted until the day he died.
    Whether or not Luffy will become Pirate King after going to Raftel and during the Final War is a question in itself. Will he be officially recognized as such just by claiming One Piece? Is he even walking out of that island with One Piece before the Final War, especially if the Blackbeard Pirates somehow also make it there?

And here's a the thing about the Void Century. Many people assume that the truth about it is going to have a lot to do with the D's, and in turn Luffy in a way that makes his role in the final saga very special. If so... What exactly makes Blackbeard exempt from this too? He's also a D. The one evil D, in fact. And Oda confirmed in an SBS that Teach likes researching history as a hobby, which is very interesting.

And then there is the Gorosei's role in all of this:
    Spoiler:
    Keep in mind that the Gorosei seem to VERY afraid of D's. They do everything they can to cover up the Void Century and the D's are said to be eternal enemies of the Celestial Dragons (and the Gorosei can have a connection to them. I'm betting they're the first ever Celestial Dragons that lived as immortals since the Void Century since they look pretty old and battle-scarred). But we should also take into account how they're never really portrayed in a purely negative fashion. Everything about how they operate in terms of justice always looks very... grey. In the middle of light and dark. Focused on maintaining peace through the balance of world powers rather than cunningly scheming on how they could own everything while twirling their mustaches. They're not the types to literally cackle and gain enjoyment from oppressing people rather than seeing their system of governing as a necessary means to an end. I'm not saying this as justification for anything they've done, I'm only drawing attention to how they seem rather complex. And if you need an example of how far Oda can go in making characters ethically complex, look at the entire history of Kuzan from killing Saul while letting Robin live to fighting a brute like Akainu for the Fleet Admiral position to now allying with Blackbeard for unknown reasons.

It is very easy to imagine that whatever conflict happened between the early form of the World Government and the Ancient Kingdom was some easy bad versus good conflict. Like the big bad World Government got really jealous of the Ancient Kingdom and wanted to be the top dogs. I think the conflict between them, and the reason why the Gorosei hide info about the Void Century, can be much more compile than that. Especially if Clover was able to confirm that it's not just about preventing the Ancient Weapons from falling into the wrong hands. Which might tie into the D's as the only other major thing we have an idea about in regards to the Ancient Kingdom.

If we tie in the D's with all of this, as well as how much the Gorosei and Celestial Dragons seem to antagonize... Maybe they might have a decent reason for covering things up. Not that it would be justifiable, but not something that is completely selfish either. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't assume that the D Clan in the Ancient Kingdom was full of Luffy's. They also could've had a few Blackbeards as well. Luffy might inspire freedom, but Teach embodies total anarchy from everything in his acts to his Devil Fruit powers. And if somebody like Teach represents everything that the Gorosei fear the most in what would happen to the world if the Void Century was revealed, well... A character that can shake up the world for the rest of time sounds like a more exciting final villain Oda might go for rather than a government that only seems to be satisfied with keeping things hidden and preserving the status-quo.

That, and I think that Oda would prefer having Luffy's last fight be with the most famous pirate in the real world than five old men whose names we still don't even know lol. Or Akainu, whose only interaction with Luffy was killing Ace while Luffy keeps meeting Blackbeard all over the place. And how Shanks knows Blackbeard personally, to the point where I'm pretty sure Teach is going to kill him since it is inevitable for the Blackbeard Pirates and Red Hair Pirates to fight since we need to eventually learn how Shanks got his scar.

We should also keep in mind that Blackbeard is continuously growing in power. He does not have to stop at being a Yonko or a silver medalist for One Piece. In fact, we don't even know why exactly he wants to be Pirate King or what he would do with One Piece. It might probably be something simple like world domination and destruction, but I don't think that Oda would make a fight with the stakes being that big on an isolated place in Raftel where nobody aside from the Straw Hats is in present danger. Enies Lobby is sort of an exception, but at least the lives of Usopp, Robin, Galley-La, and the Franky Family were in danger.

Considering all the build-up Oda has put into Blackbeard compared to any other character in the series, I feel like it's a bit disrespectful to think that he's only being established as far as being somebody to beat up at Raftel. I think he has to contribute more to the story than losing at Raftel. Which is why I think he's going to be Luffy's final fight. Threeway Final War between Luffy, Teach, and the World Government. Each side has an Ancient Weapon (Poseidon, Pluton, Uranus). And it comes down to eleven memorable 1v1 fights at the very end between the Straw Hats and their dark counterparts. At least, I think somebody as shonen-formulaic as Oda would go for something like that instead of having the Monster Trio and Jimbei fight Admirals while the rest of the crew fights random Vice Admirals nobody cares about lol.

The World Government has to be rehauled, that's obvious. The Gorosei and Akainu can't stay in power. But I doubt that Luffy can be the one to defeat either of them. Especially when Oda confirmed something that I have thought about myself in a recent interview:

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    - Oda says it's hard to talk about justice through Luffy's mouth since he is a pirate.
    So, Oda just puts a simple conclusion that the opposite side of justice is another justice. Oda says it's one of the main themes of ONE PIECE.
    That is exactly why I think that Luffy can't defeat either of them. He can briefly talk to and fight them. He can help out in the upheaval against them. But he can't be the opponent to deal the inspiring final blow on them that closes the war against the World Government. Luffy defeating them as a selfish pirate doesn't really mean or change anything aside from beating up people who can act pretty dickish when in power. Having the likes of Dragon and Sabo be the ones to do so in the Final War would have much more meaning and impact as they are fighting for their own interpretation of justice and have personal stakes in this fight just as much as Luffy does. Luffy can destroy the dreams of other pirates and agents of the government, but I can't really see him beating up Akainu actually proving him wrong. It just looks like a criminal is defeating a righteous hero. Meanwhile, Sabo overpowering the man who bragged about lava being superior to fire? That sounds much more impressive.
    Last edited by Count Mario; November 16th, 2017 at 07:38 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Actually the "at least" part only comes from a specific translation. Other translations, like the one from Viz, have said that Luffy thinks that "about" ten members would be fine.

But considering how much this series likes having 1v1 fights in arcs like Arlong Park, Alabasta, Enies Lobby, Fishman Island, and Dressrosa, it is very probable that we might see everybody get 1v1 fights. None of those arcs had EVERYBODY fight since there would always be one or two stragglers being captured or only fighting fodder. Yet we should remember that this is still an action-adventure shonen at the end of the day. It would make sense for Oda to go out on giving all of his beloved main characters a fight.

And I don't think it's likely to change at all. Shonen antagonist groups that specify numbers like that in their titles never change the total number amount of their roster. They can decrease as they are defeated one by one, but they will never increase. You don't hype up how there are ten intimidating people only to bump that up to eleven or twelve for no reason, it's just weird.

And Blackbeard appears so rarely that it's unlikely for him to want to recruit somebody new out of the blue after the timeskip. Especially when we still don't even know the new member who joined over the timeskip to make the crew have eleven members instead of ten.

Definitely an ally. And he will definitely betray them. Oda isn't going to have Kuzan change from not liking Sakazuki's harsh methods of brutality to not minding Blackbeard until the end of the story lol. And Stronger is never listed as a character in any of the volume bios/table of contents when they include the Blackbeard Pirates. He didn't get his own title card either while Doc Q did. Stronger is only an accessory to Doc Q.

Why does the Soldier Dock System have to matter at all when predicting how many crewmates there will be?

That is also rather random.

Think about it like this. Wouldn't it be kind of lackluster if the Straw Hats are on their way to Raftel and declare their dreams around a barrel like the end of Loguetown only for Vivi to go "I want to protect and govern my kingdom, meaning that this crew is only a means to an end for me eventually leaving as I am obligated to my people more than myself or any of you." It stands out too much against how selfish each Straw Hat's reason for being on the ship is. And I also feel like it would sort of spit in the face of how significant the reason for Vivi staying behind in the first place was in wanting to be a princess for her kingdom. Having her still technically join near the end of the series feels like a token gesture without much meaning behind it besides fanservice.

You mean like how Brook joined in the arc right before the Straw Hats got separated for two years? And all of Fishman Island didn't revolve around Jimbei. If anything, Otohime and Fisher Tiger were more of the main focus while Jimbei was more of a witness that wants to preserve the legacy of their ideals. Also take note of how Water 7 and Enies Lobby balanced having flashbacks for both Franky and Robin.
    Wait 10 "men" it clearly states.

But is that + nami and robin... so thats 12 count?

We thought it was all a soccer team reference but it was a Bakers dozen
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Wait 10 "men" it clearly states.

But is that + nami and robin... so thats 12 count?

We thought it was all a soccer team reference but it was a Bakers dozen
    Do post-timeskip Sanji, Chopper, Franky, and Brook even qualify as men either?

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Do post-timeskip Sanji, Chopper, Franky, and Brook even qualify as men either?
    The answer is: No, Yes, Super, and No

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information