+ Reply to Thread
Page 1036 of 1045 FirstFirst ... 36 536 936 986 1026 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,720 of 20894

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

The best time for a demonstration would've been Wano imo, no particular need to have her be the first. We would have gotten less outrageous (presumably, we don't know what happens) power ups or w/e anyhow due to there being other Minks around.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    The best time for a demonstration would've been Wano imo, no particular need to have her be the first. We would have gotten less outrageous (presumably, we don't know what happens) power ups or w/e anyhow due to there being other Minks around.
    Didn't most of the Minks stay on Zou or come to Big Mom's territory? I don't remember which or how many actually went with the other half of the crew to Wano. But who knows, maybe the SMILE DF users will have the same full moon effect? THAT would be impressive, so seeing what happens to Carrot now would be great buildup if Oda plans to unleash an army of them next time.

Jinbe is introduced as a member of Straw Hats in Kurumazaki Shrine in Kyoto known as spiritual spot for entertainment industry. People need to pay 90 dollars to get his name featured on the red fence called Tamagaki. Shonen Jump office/Shueisha paid for it.
    Hidden:

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcY3UvGD...-by=mizopocket

^
    ^
    Thanks for the news, man

But I think we can't say Jinbe is the official SHs until his name is addressed under the SH's band in the introduction part of the volume.

This is as official as it can get without being "canonical". The best part is that Jinbe joining is so established as a fact by now (I mean, even Jinbe already sees himself as part of the crew) that Shueisha apparently doesn't even see as a spoiler treating him that way.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Well the video games and toy people and all the merchandising were gearing up to make him the next member 4 years ago when Fishman Island was ending. So not too shocking that they're ready to be done with it, especially since he should be official within the next couple months assuming this arc doesn't go too crazy from here.

Good ol' Sandman bringing the good word!

I want someone to read that and say with a straight face Jimbei is not joining.

I want his official wanted poster hanging up in my home yesterday!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rebecca, Hancock, Shirahoshi were so easy to turn down both as crewmembers and as characters.

Carrot is a lot harder though. Like I still don't think she'll join but I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post

Well now wonder, you had to defend Jinbei on reset from guy that thinks Carrot is a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Well now wonder, you had to defend Jinbei on reset from guy that thinks Carrot is a better fit.
    Can we really not have both?

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Can we really not have both?
    We sure can lol :3

That would mean I think Oda cares to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post

I read this while a song said Yesterday lol but in all seriousness yes! I want tonsee that wanted poster on Mr. Chickens ship
    What reason would there be to interfere with a man's departure?
    Monkey D. Dragon

Nintendo ID: 0.o.MUGIWARA.o.0

It's unfortunate that Carrot's name is Carrot and that other minks can do what she does otherwise I'd jump all over the Carrot bandwagon right now.

This is just the tease to prepare us for Wano and the mink army.

Still think its craaazy unfair on Oda's part to have a full moon one week after the last Even if the OP moon has always been weird he's never made it a point before it was convenient now.

Everything about Carrot is just throw together from her relationship with Pedro to this powerup /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    This is just the tease to prepare us for Wano and the mink army.

Still think its craaazy unfair on Oda's part to have a full moon one week after the last Even if the OP moon has always been weird he's never made it a point before it was convenient now.
    Greg was posting something on twitter about the Strawhats perhaps spending more time than thought on Zou while Chopper healed Zunisha. But I'm waiting to see him post something here about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Considering i don't think Greg posted here since he was hired I don't think he will considering he probably knows things.

Hey,
    Shift
    I'm wondering if you'd go in-depth into your thinking about Carrot joining. I'm still in the 'no' category, but I'm quite curious.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jinx View Post
    It's unfortunate that Carrot's name is Carrot and that other minks can do what she does otherwise I'd jump all over the Carrot bandwagon right now.
    The name is not a factor since Jinbe.
    The only reason Carrot looks like a more uncreative name than Jinbe to us is because we are not japanese native speakers. Not saying that Carrot is not a lazy name, but Jinbe really set the bar much lower for that... let's say for her name to be as uncreative, she would need to actually be called Bunny.

That said, while this chapter made me realize I do want her to join, it further strengthened my impression that is not going to happen.
    Like I mentioned in the spoiler thread, the Sulon transformation is definitely something that is going to join the SH repertoire. Too much foreshadow plus a whole chapter dedicated to show how amazing it is... that is too much for just an ability of some temporary allies. This is SH material thing.
    Problem I see is who Sulon is going to belong to in the crew. If Chopper can use it, then Carrot chances of joining go to 0. If he can't, they go to max. But this chapter really made me think it's going to be the former. Two reasons: (1) the fact the whole thing came up after Chopper announced he was going to do the exact same thing highlighted their similarities - the strongest point against her - and it also means that not only Oda is perfectly aware of that but he also wants us to be aware of it too rather than diverting our attention from that; and (2) the fact it was only Chopper seeing the whole sequence in the crew and being truly moved by those powers (not to mention Luffy's absence in Carrot's "amazing moment" was a strong blow already - sure he missed Jinbe showing his godly abilities at the helm for the first time, but he already got something similar back in ID with the whale sharks).
    And let's be honest, Chopper is the merchandise character. After making him conquer the fans by sheer cuteness, then trying to turn him into furry-shotacon material with the new Horn Point, turning him into a hot guy is the next obvious move (refer to: Hitsugaya).

I can perfectly see Chopper asking Carrot to train him on their way to Wano and then he already having a grasp of it by the time they get there.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; December 8th, 2017 at 06:20 AM.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information