+ Reply to Thread
Page 1245 of 1253 FirstFirst ... 245 745 1145 1195 1235 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 ... LastLast
Results 24,881 to 24,900 of 25060

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Sengoku revealed that form back in the war.
    That's a golden statue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    Isn't the 'successive members joining" quote a reference to the strawhat grand fleets?

I hope Jinbei finally & officially joined this arc.
    Nope, apparently the translation from the interview meant crew-members specifically. I'll find the source on that later, though.

But I will repeat. Any unique Kunoichi or Onna-bugeisha will get my full support

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    But I will repeat. Any unique Kunoichi or Onna-bugeisha will get my full support
    Does this new girl fit the bill for you?

EDIT: By the way... Some people in this thread like to say that we only think Carrot will join because she's a cute girl. But I don't see those same people crawling out of the woodworks to lob that same criticism at comments like this.
    Last edited by AvocadoInTheRain; July 12th, 2018 at 01:26 AM.

Purely coincidence

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

That means only one left and we have our 11 people soccer team
    Please Kishido. Don't submit to the American speech imperialism in this case: It's "football" for all intents and purposes. *jk*

I think O-Tama isn't crewmember material at all, her role is pretty much to be the Marguerite that introduces this isolated strange new island in a way. At least that's the vibe I got from her in this chapter.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

O-Tama is Momonosuke's waifu material.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    I think O-Tama isn't crewmember material at all, her role is pretty much to be the Marguerite that introduces this isolated strange new island in a way. At least that's the vibe I got from her in this chapter.
    I think she's more analogous to Camie, what with people wanting to capture her.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    O-Tama is Momonosuke's waifu material.
    She's introduced wearing rags, and she'll be a princess by the end of the arc. I'm calling it right now.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Does this new girl fit the bill for you?

EDIT: By the way... Some people in this thread like to say that we only think Carrot will join because she's a cute girl. But I don't see those same people crawling out of the woodworks to lob that same criticism at comments like this.
    No she is 8 and it was a joke

But I would love to see a “badass” female character in the crew.

No matter if hot or not. Kinemon said Wano girls are “covered” and not like Nami.

Hell i even would like to see a kunoichi with an awkward design like Raizou...

Or just a male ninja or other interesting Japanese themed characters. Just not a MALE samurai. That’s why I brought in Onna-bugeishas

But we already have our male ninja in Raizo, Kishido.

After years of reading One Piece and analyzing Oda's pattern for new crew members, I managed to find out the common factor that every strawhats shares.
    The next crew mate will have to share this particularity as well.

Yes, the one thing they all have in common is :
    Spoiler:
    THEY ARE NOT RAIZOU!

Nobody is actually seriously suggesting Otama is NN. As of now...
    It's a running gag in this thread that every time a new character does something *cool*, they get suggested.
    Heck, Carrot was suggested as NN for the lulz when she showed up way back in 2015.

When someone start to write essay on why Otama is the NN, the criticism will come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

No she is 8 and it was a joke
    Cabin boy/girl is a ship role. If Oda took a page from Naruto and had ninjas start ridiculously young, it could still have worked.

But I would love to see a “badass” female character in the crew.
    I mean, not to belabour a point, but...
    Hidden:

Purely coincidence

I hope you don't mind avocado if I steal your signature idea and do the same with Pekoms

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I hope you don't mind avocado if I steal your signature idea and do the same with Pekoms
    Go for it. I'm not the one who made it, Shift did it for me.

It's a running gag in this thread that every time a new character does something *cool*, they get suggested.
    Heck, Carrot was suggested as NN for the lulz when she showed up way back in 2015.
    I've seen people keep saying that even after Pedro blew himself up and passed his will onto Carrot.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    But we already have our male ninja in Raizo, Kishido.
    And he will be the only one in the story right?

Nobody is actually seriously suggesting Otama is NN. As of now...
    This reminds me... I've seen people suggest Kaido for nakama. I mean, he has a dream (dying) and a sad backstory (not dying). They were not serious tho

Just like Momo, Otama also has reference to the story Momotaro. I think it is likely she will be one of the more important supporting characters.

I've seen people keep saying that even after Pedro blew himself up and passed his will onto Carrot.
    Because "Carrot for NN" movement more or less died out mid-arc. People realise she was just a supporting character.
    Then Pedro died and now suddenly she is going to the main character. After 70+ chapters of just being a supporting characters.
    You can't blame people for not taking it seriously.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Carrot was more or less in the background in the newest chapter. Not a good sign for a new crewmate...

Because "Carrot for NN" movement more or less died out mid-arc. People realise she was just a supporting character.
    Then Pedro died and now suddenly she is going to the main character. After 70+ chapters of just being a supporting characters.
    You can't blame people for not taking it seriously.
    What are you on about? Just like your statement on Carrot being pushed as a lookout only after Pedro's death, this never happened like that.

Maybe I've just been in different communities, I don't know. Because what you say is SO detached from my experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    What are you on about? Just like your statement on Carrot being pushed as a lookout only after Pedro's death, this never happened like that.

Maybe I've just been in different communities, I don't know. Because what you say is SO detached from my experience...
    http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3825548

Shift's post got the ball rolling again for "Carrot for NN" movement. That was the chapter when Pedro blew himself up.
    There were a couple of NN posts for Carrot in the past 10 pages before that but it was really spread out so no serious discussion. People were mostly talking about random off-topic things.
    There could have been some posts suggesting Carrot as lookout but nobody really insisted on it.
    But after Pedro blew himself up, Carrot as the lookout gained a lot of traction & mentioned more frequently.

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3825548

Shift's post got the ball rolling again for "Carrot for NN" movement. That was the chapter when Pedro blew himself up.
    There were a couple of NN posts for Carrot in the past 10 pages before that but it was really spread out so no serious discussion. People were mostly talking about random off-topic things.
    There could have been some posts suggesting Carrot as lookout but nobody really insisted on it.
    But after Pedro blew himself up, Carrot as the lookout gained a lot of traction & mentioned more frequently.
    You are seriously telling me that Shift restarted the whole Carrot for NN movement? Not sure if you are trolling, honestly. I wasn't in AP then but I have been in several other communities. Carrot has been a very established candidate for a long while.

This is like people believing that the whole movement started after chapter 888 because a lot of people jumped in back then. Of course the theory gets more popular when certain events happen. That doesn't mean it didn't exist in the first place.

I mean, to better clarify. The "Carrot for nakama" theories have existed for very long. What you are pointing here is the occurrence of certain events that further push the theory, create new discussion and make new people join in. This happens with every candidate, it's not exclusive of Carrot. The narrative introduces new traits or situations and that allows to theorise and/or convince more people. But your belief that "Carrot was just forgotten until" that you seem to be applying here makes no sense. It's about as simple as, if there is new information, there are more things to talk about, more people will consider the idea and the debate will be revived.

Now that we are in Wano for instance, I expect the old theories of Kinemon or Momonosuke for nakama to have a comeback. That's only normal because in order to keep the discussion fresh we need to take into account recent manga events. Otherwise it's just repeating reasons and discussions in an endless cycle.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information