+ Reply to Thread
Page 1251 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 251 751 1151 1201 1241 1249 1250 1251
Results 25,001 to 25,018 of 25018

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I actually would like for one of the people the strawhats befriend for several islands to be a marine spy or something. I've been wanting to see that for a while now. That said, it makes no sense for Carrot to be a traitor for Kaido given her young age and her history. I'm not sure its even confirmed that there's a traitor, its possible that Kaido got his hand on someone's vivre card somehow.

Now you're just being disingenuous. At the bare minimum, Carrot's chances of joining are on the same level as Paulie. There was nothing pointing to Perona joining, and there was only one person in the entire world who thought she would. Even the most hardened Carrot-hater thinks that she's being set up as a grand fleet member.
    I am talking about how the discussion is and not about her chances compared to Perona.

And compare it to Paulie... Yeah there was a discussion too... But at least we had Franky at the same time.

Carrot so far is nothing more than a Paulie... so bare minimum chances.

But this thread is an evergreen and will always be up as long as Oda doesn’t say that’s it.

Only thing annoying is the repeating over and over again. Just stand still and wait for more... or a new candidate

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

I guess I'm just unsure what you think was unsatisfactory with Carrot's performance as lookout that chapter.
    Hmm nothing ? She did a pretty fine job. I guess I didn't express myself clearly ^^;;;
    3DS FC : 0559-6804-1461

Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    The thing with Jinbe is, both of your explanations are valid. I am more inclined to side with Avocado's because the routine of missing colorspreads has been there for longer. Oda just doesn't want to fit Jinbe in the group yet, for whatever reason. Spoilers of his uncertain situation could be a cause, but waiting for his true integration in the group may be equally important. He's not in the crew yet after all.
    Think of it from a story perspective.

Robin and Usopp officially left the crew in the Water 7 Arc. If we look at the color spreads from that era (there's one in the chapter immediately after Usopp left), they both remained in all of the color spreads.

Does their inclusion in the color spreads outweigh the fact that they left? Of course not, because in the story itself, they were no longer members of the crew anymore. You could say Robin rejoined when she said she wanted to live, but Usopp didn't just get to rejoin without letting go of his pride and apologizing.

In the story, based on written dialogue, Jinbe is a member of the Straw Hat crew. He's just not with them right now.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Think of it from a story perspective.

Robin and Usopp officially left the crew in the Water 7 Arc. If we look at the color spreads from that era (there's one in the chapter immediately after Usopp left), they both remained in all of the color spreads.

Does their inclusion in the color spreads outweigh the fact that they left? Of course not, because in the story itself, they were no longer members of the crew anymore. You could say Robin rejoined when she said she wanted to live, but Usopp didn't just get to rejoin without letting go of his pride and apologizing.

In the story, based on written dialogue, Jinbe is a member of the Straw Hat crew. He's just not with them right now.
    Based on written dialogue, as you said. In practice however he is not a member of the Straw Hat crew, because in order to he has to leave his old crew once and for all. And he hasn't done that. He postponed it again to save them.

Other than that, our disagreement is minor. Since I think the colorspreads have a symbolic meaning and I don't think Jinbe is part of the group yet, he's not represented here. You are pointing at the uncertainty of his current situation, which is also valid but more of a narrative reason (to avoid spoilers). In both our cases, it will easily be solved once Jinbe appears again, this time as a proper member of the SHs in front of the entire crew.

Robin and Usopp remaining in the colorspreads was a way to tell us that they would keep being part of the crew. I would assume it tried to keep a positive approach to these events and reinforce the idea that once created and solidified the ties never disappear.

There is a difference between:

In/part of the crew
    And
    With the crew.

Jimbe is a Straw Hat that is not with the crew, that is all. The cover page in Fishman Island already gave us him with the entire crew. Which for some, me, was enough. Although, I joke that I do not care for future color spreads because he isn't there.

Luffy told him he was his captain. And merely left him to guard their backs. The same way Luffy sent the Swirlyhats ahead to Zou. Unless, people consider the Swirlyhats to have acutañly left the crew, and it was not merely a joke.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    There is a difference between:

In/part of the crew
    And
    With the crew.

Jimbe is a Straw Hat that is not with the crew, that is all. The cover page in Fishman Island already gave us him with the entire crew. Which for some, me, was enough. Although, I joke that I do not care for future color spreads because he isn't there.

Luffy told him he was his captain. And merely left him to guard their backs. The same way Luffy sent the Swirlyhats ahead to Zou. Unless, people consider the Swirlyhats to have acutañly left the crew, and it was not merely a joke.
    We are discussing technicalities here (and I don't think either Luffy or Jinbe care that much xD), but Jinbe is still acting as the captain of the Sun Pirates in that scene. That's why I draw the line. I understand this moment as his last act as a captain of his old crew before joining a new one definitely.

I think the technicality is thinking that Jimbe needs a color spread or anything of that sort.

Luffy said I am your captain. While you see him staying behind as a captain duty. I merely see it as a friend thing. Jimbe did not want to lose any of his friends.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Oh, no, I don't think he needs a colorspread, that's a bit of a twist in the chain of events. I think the colorspreads are symbolic, they don't have an influence on the story. They just reflect it.

Jinbe already has joined the crew tentatively, definitely and through luffy's own words.

It's just this "cheeky bastard" oda who wont make it official through the colorspreads
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

He's just waiting to pass the drug test and background check to be made official, guys.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I feel like Oda keeps feeling like it isn't quite the right time for a former Shichibukai to be walking around on the ship, and keeps delaying it until it feels right. Whenever that might be.
    Presumably defeating a Yonkou.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Kinda wonder when he'll show up, though. Hopefully sooner then later.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Kinda wonder when he'll show up, though. Hopefully sooner then later.
    BM only seemed pissed off about Luffy last we saw her. She didn't seem to have been embarrassed by what happened against the fishmen and Germa. Her speeding into battle like she did doesn't bode well for Jimbei's chances of escape. So I think we're only going to see Jimbei again when BM arrives at Wano and he's going to be used as bait for the strawhats (to explain why she didn't simply kill him, or leave him on WCI).

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    I think the technicality is thinking that Jimbe needs a color spread or anything of that sort.

Luffy said I am your captain. While you see him staying behind as a captain duty. I merely see it as a friend thing. Jimbe did not want to lose any of his friends.
    I think the color spread is a big technic point which is difficult to avoid though. As suggeking said, Oda had no problem to spoil the fact that Robin and Usopp would come back so why would he care now if not for the reason that he doesn’t consider Jinbei is fully part of the crew. Usopp was removed from the volumes intro pages so let’s see what 90th one says.

As i said, he probably feel the need of a chapter dedicated to his joining. The i’m your captain was in the middle of other event and completely lacked impact for such a crucial event that is adding a person to the crew. The fact that we disagree on the moment he joins (after fishman island, when he return mum’s sake cup, when luffy said i’m your captain...) also reinforce the need of a more conclusive one.
    Last edited by Kdom; July 14th, 2018 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    . Usopp was removed from the volumes intro pages so let’s see what 90th one says.
    Jimbei wouldn't be in the vol 90 intro page anyways, new strawhats only get added to the volume intros after the one where they join. Brook wasn't introed as a strawhat in vol 50, only in 51. So its vol 91 that we'll have to watch out for. But given that he isn't in the colour spreads, I doubt much will be different.

Purely coincidence

Jimbei wouldn't be in the vol 90 intro page anyways, new strawhats only get added to the volume intros after the one where they join. Brook wasn't introed as a strawhat in vol 50, only in 51. So its vol 91 that we'll have to watch out for. But given that he isn't in the colour spreads, I doubt much will be different.
    Thanks, I hadn’t noticed. But even if he isn’t, people will still claim Jinbei is an official strawhat and call us "intellectually dishonest or just plain ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Thanks, I hadn’t noticed. But even if he isn’t, people will still claim Jinbei is an official strawhat and call us "intellectually dishonest or just plain ignorant"
    Which is ridiculous because the intro page is literally the ultimate authority on One Piece making a list of the strawhats. If Jimbei isn't on that list, he isn't a strawhat yet. Its as simple as that. But no, people on here know more about this than Oda.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I feel like Oda keeps feeling like it isn't quite the right time for a former Shichibukai to be walking around on the ship, and keeps delaying it until it feels right. Whenever that might be.
    Presumably defeating a Yonkou.
    Jinbe will return for Wano arc.

I think Oda decided to delay his joining because Weevil is currently a looming threat to Luffy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information