+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 939 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Well, Vegeta is the most famous one, but .....
    i forget how much random info i learn when u show up from time to time

ps on topic im all for MR. Samurai to join at first i was against it cause of the have swordsman angle but the more i think about it

*2 sword style goes well with our 1 and 3 styles

*most crews have lots!!!of sword users if SH have 3 instead of 90 percent of them no big deal

*his interaction with the crew is very fun

*i like the idea of fire ice and wind(flying slashes)as specialties

i agree its likely he will get a vivi-esque treatment but its fun to root for someone to be next crew mate in these forums
    Last edited by Chopper Madness; September 21st, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

the answer is Spaghetti! zachri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper Madness View Post
    i forget how much random info i learn when u show up from time to time

ps on topic im all for MR. Samurai to join at first i was against it cause of the have swordsman angle but the more i think about it

*2 sword style goes well with our 1 and 3 styles

*most crews have lots!!!of sword users if SH have 3 instead of 90 percent of them no big deal

*his interaction with the crew is very fun

*i like the idea of fire ice and wind(flying slashes)as specialties

i agree its likely he will get a vivi-esque treatment but its fun to root for someone to be next crew mate in these forums
    Aohige is like a library that gives you the facts you want and much more without the tedious task of having to read through a tonne of things to find what you want.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    That award wasn`t good for you, dude.

#SWAGLETON

1) Jinbe after proper flashback, dream and buildup

2) Kinemon.

I don't see any other options at the moment. Monet is too much of a Robin (except lacking in ambiguity) and Baby 5 only just appeared, and I'm 99% sure her Doflamingo hatred is a character quirk, or running gag.
    Plus, her power is, so far at least, a massive Wapol rehash. More uniqueness in the crew plz.

What about Brownbeard?

Won't talk about any of the character right now... For me none of them has a chance so far and if anything Kinemon cuz I think we will have him longer around... but not even him so far. Even if I love his interaction with the crew

About Jinbe... he is done and will join as soon as Big Mom will get her fat ass kicked by Luffy... I just want to see how Oda will let the joining be something "awesome" once again... Luffy asking him in Fishmen Island was just awesome... Dunno how this can be surpassed
    Last edited by Kishido; September 21st, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

A new thread, eh?

May it go on for another 1000 pages...

Hey new thread.

Jinbei is pretty much the only one in the running so far. Luffy even asked him to join; he just deferred the joining for later on. I expect Oda to reveal a little more of his history, maybe his childhood or something? Either way, he's pretty much sold.

And people have been talking about other characters, so here's my thoughts-

Kinemon: No question in my mind, he'll be a traveling ally and no more. He's quirky, hiliarous, and is currently assisting the Straw Hats in the Punk Hazard ordeals....but I can't see him being a pirate. He's more focused on finding his son, even if the Straw Hats proved to be the exeception to his "I hate pirates" attitude (and when have they haven't been?). He hasn't shown to have a goal to see the world or anything like that......Oda will definitely show more of his past later on, but I remain unconvinced.

And this is more of an aesthetic complaint, but the Straw Hat crew is all about diversity. He's honorable (like Zoro and Jinbei), is a dedicated swordsman (like Zoro and Brook), and slightly lecherous (like Sanji and Brook). Three Straw Hats (well, four) share the same key traits as him. And does the crew need another swordsman?

Monet: She's largely a mystery, and....still technically a villain. There's not much personality that's present, and a chapter ago she calmly said she had to carry out her orders or killed by Doflamingo. This recent chapter has her and Caesar saying "yes, sir" on a phone call!

So far she's too similar to Robin's role in Alabasta, a mysterious and calm woman working for the big bad. Only difference, Oda made it clear from the start Robin wasn't 100% loyal to Croc. It's the opposite for Monet.

Even if Oda showed more of her character and gave her a flashback, the jarring similarity to Robin turns me off from accepting her as crew material.

Baby 5: Okay, she interested me in the chapter......but I refuse to consider her until she's seen more than one chapter. 'Nuff said. There's barely anything to her so far....because she's only been in ONE chapter!

EDIT: And while I would welcome another woman on the crew, I would prefer something more than a pretty face. I've been liking the sarcastic granny idea thrown around, but I wouldn't mind either way the gender of the next crewmate.

/2cents

I`ve to agree with Kishido.

Monet would be the only person who may have such an interesting backstory that she might be in the end a good choice, but allow me to remind you that still Bonney is somewhere waiting for the coming showdown in Maryjoa to fully shine and may even have to join our beloved pirates.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    I`ve to agree with Kishido.

Monet would be the only person who may have such an interesting backstory that she might be in the end a good choice, but allow me to remind you that still Bonney is somewhere waiting for the coming showdown in Maryjoa to fully shine and may even have to join our beloved pirates.
    Agreed, Bonney has even now still more material to work with or rather potential than any female character we have seen in this arc. She has a history with the WG (even Akainu had a shiver when she escaped the WG, that is a statement alright), she seems to have some kind of relation with either WB or Ace (gave BB the fault for anything and tried to hunt him down, silly girl) and she actually had an encounter with one of the SHs (Zoro) and said that she would hunt them down in the New World. Of course this is all even less than speculation for now but it is still obvious that is much to work with.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Jinbe.

C'mon guys.

It's written in the stars.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    I'm sold on this. The way he decides to stick around implies there's still more room to go, even if what we've seen of him so far after FI is through Caribou's sidestory. I hope he isn't simply left out at FI just to clear the place of incoming pirates or whatnot before his next reappearance.

2) Kinemon.
    This one... I can't say I agree. He ain't gonna leave his kid after he finds him, and I doubt the kid's coming along for the ride too.

I don't see any other options at the moment. Monet is too much of a Robin (except lacking in ambiguity) and Baby 5 only just appeared, and I'm 99% sure her Doflamingo hatred is a character quirk, or running gag.
    Plus, her power is, so far at least, a massive Wapol rehash. More uniqueness in the crew plz.
    Yes to more originality; Maybe to the character quirk. It would be delightful to know if Dofla just pissed her off by putting her in a maid outfit. For a woman who looks like a weapon lover, wearing a maid's outfit is one of the worst ways to ridicule. I can consent. The classic "trapped" damsel type is getting old.
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    I'd say we need half-buildup. The other half was already covered on ID, MF (especially post-MF) and FI.
    And yes, if he's bound to join, I want a proper flashback+dream.

Quote Originally Posted by rubia_ryu View Post
    I'm sold on this. The way he decides to stick around implies there's still more room to go, even if what we've seen of him so far after FI is through Caribou's sidestory. I hope he isn't simply left out at FI just to clear the place of incoming pirates or whatnot before his next reappearance.
    I'm sure he's on his way to Big Mom at the moment: he had a backpack on the boat and I really doubt his presence on the cover story was only for a comical purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    What about Brownbeard?
    In his past, Brownbeard was a child who grew facial hair at the age of 2. The other kids mercilessly made fun of him and threw rocks at him, considering him a freak. At one point he was living in a carnival freak show, The Bearded Child, more facial hair than face. His parents were the ones who set him up there. People laughed at him, he was treated as a clown. One day pirates raided his town, and he lost his parents to them. He found the strength of pirates admirable and wanted to have the power to hurt others who hurt him. Thus he became stronger and became a pirate.

He managed to make a name for himself as Brownbeard. Eventually, he found himself in his current predicament, as a crocodile centaur working for another clown - Caesar Clown - which led to some memories. He has a dream about being with a new family, one that would not hurt him. He sees this in the Straw Hats. After the PH arc is all good and done, Luffy offers Brownbeard a chance to join, interested in his centaur form. Thus, Brownbeard joins the crew as the transportation guy, serving to have others ride him and provide them a place to rest. He enjoys his new role as the Straw Hats' uncle. His color is brown and his animal is a crocodile. His dream is fulfilled and he enjoys the rest of the journey with the Straw Hats.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodyne View Post
    I'd say we need half-buildup. The other half was already covered on ID, MF (especially post-MF) and FI.
    And yes, if he's bound to join, I want a proper flashback+dream.

I'm sure he's on his way to Big Mom at the moment: he had a backpack on the boat and I really doubt his presence on the cover story was only for a comical purpose.
    we still have the mystery of his scar

and we dont know what his ambitions were before fisher tiger called in all his chips for a crew

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I'll just get this out of the way: Jinbe for new-mate! ;)

Now let the dialogues re-commmence.
    I'm with you brother Jinbe for new-mate!!

Sabo for new-mate too!!!
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    In his past, Brownbeard was a child who grew facial hair at the age of 2. The other kids mercilessly made fun of him and threw rocks at him, considering him a freak. At one point he was living in a carnival freak show, The Bearded Child, more facial hair than face. His parents were the ones who set him up there. People laughed at him, he was treated as a clown. One day pirates raided his town, and he lost his parents to them. He found the strength of pirates admirable and wanted to have the power to hurt others who hurt him. Thus he became stronger and became a pirate.

He managed to make a name for himself as Brownbeard. Eventually, he found himself in his current predicament, as a crocodile centaur working for another clown - Caesar Clown - which led to some memories. He has a dream about being with a new family, one that would not hurt him. He sees this in the Straw Hats. After the PH arc is all good and done, Luffy offers Brownbeard a chance to join, interested in his centaur form. Thus, Brownbeard joins the crew as the transportation guy, serving to have others ride him and provide them a place to rest. He enjoys his new role as the Straw Hats' uncle. His color is brown and his animal is a crocodile. His dream is fulfilled and he enjoys the rest of the journey with the Straw Hats.

I am surprised about the fact that nobody seems to mention the left side theory (all Nakamas having a feature on their left side) anymore, in the past it always was part of the New Nakama discussion. Jinbe obviously fits that criterion (if you can call it that), Kinemon and Monet on the other hand do not.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Am I the only one who thinks Aokiji will join the SH?

I've heard that suggested before, I'd rather he be a lone ranger though, or maybe join up with a few other disillusioned marines (Perhaps Smoker et al if Vergo gets out of this and starts a smear campaign?)
    Reading One Piece, Berserk, Kekkaishi (Finished :( ), Naruto, The Breaker, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, Vagabond, Toriko, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Thankfully finished), Soul Eater, Freezing, Gamaran, Magi and Fairy Tail.

If Momosuka can be a dragon, then couldn't he travel and fight with them?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information