+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 929 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 18571

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

  1. #41

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    So here comes another idea of how we should see the future of the Straw Hats...

    And I think I see a sort of patern how many we can expect probably.

    Let's put a list togheter..

    East Blue

    Zoro - 3 Style Swordsman - Master Type
    Usopp
    Sanji
    Nami - Girl - Ranged Attacks

    Grand Line: Paradise

    Chopper
    Robin - Women - Ranged Attacks
    Franky
    Brook - 1 style Swordsman - Speed Type


    So if we look at this we see a sort of pattern. The first sea gave us a women and a swordsman. Paradise brought us also a women and a swordsman.
    Now we have seen that Kinemon fights with 2 swords, is the possibility to have a Samurai from the Country of Wano who just happens to use 2 swords join a crew of pirates? Where we now of that the Samurai's have no allegiance to someone and hate Pirates it seems? Well I see it possible.

    But if we even look further we can maybe even find something else hidden?

    East Blue

    Zoro - 3 Style Swordsman - Master Type (Physical)
    Usopp - Ranged Fighter
    Sanji - Physical Fighter
    Nami - Girl - Ranged Attacks


    Grand Line: Paradise

    Chopper - Physical Fighter
    Robin - Women - Ranged Attacks
    Franky - Ranged Fighter
    Brook - 1 style Swordsman - Speed Type (Physical)
    It's just something I happend to stumble upon. It is probably just nothing what I saw and maybe we can predict what Oda does. Maybe it's just a coincidence..
    Another thing is that the two women of the ship both had some sort of disagreement with the Government. Nami with Nizumi who was just a small part of the WG then we got Robin who was targeted by the World Government so maybe we have the next women who has something much bigger than Robin who joins. If I have to put my money on that? Yeah you probably would hate me for even thinking it but this would be my list for the future what we could see...

    Grand Line: New World

    Jinbe - Physcial
    Kinemon - 2 Style Swordsman - Power Style (Physical)
    Bonney - Women - Ranged Attacks
    Cabin Boy - Ranged Attacks.

    And if I have to take the whole conclusion I think the Cabin Boy will be the last member of the crew, will be a young boy who will be the apprentice of Luffy which takes the hat after him and has the fruit of Ace. n.n;

    Probably more of a fanfic idea of mine, it just an idea. We dont have any proof and the story will tell what happens, I just wanted to share this with some people and see what they think about it. Just some gibberish or do you think that I have sort of a point in it?

    I put this here again.
    " I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. "

  2. #42
    SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Money and Spades View Post
    If Momosuka can be a dragon, then couldn't he travel and fight with them?
    Actually that could be an interesting development, particularly if Wano shares Kinemon's disdain for Dragons. Kinemon could make the tearful decision that his son is better off with the SH than coming with him back to Wano because of the prejudice. Granted this requires like 20 more chapters of character development with Monosuke, but it would certainly be an oda-style curve-ball. To first show the dad but have the son join instead.

    I'd always wondered if the SH would get a cabin boy, and it would be rather fitting for them to get one that can turn into a Dragon.

  3. #43
    of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Being an emotional drunk in a cave.

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Maybe Kinemon's son could be the Cabin Boy of the Strawhat Pirates? And maybe, just maybe, Kinemon could die trying to 'rescue' his son?


  4. #44
    HHMMMMM!!?? Money and Spades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Straw Hat's Ship

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Yes finally I got supporters! Momosuke for cabin boy!

  5. #45
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I am surprised about the fact that nobody seems to mention the left side theory (all Nakamas having a feature on their left side) anymore, in the past it always was part of the New Nakama discussion. Jinbe obviously fits that criterion (if you can call it that), Kinemon and Monet on the other hand do not.
    Brook's skull is cracked on the right side, so that's already debunked.

    Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

  6. #46

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Actually Baby 5 holding a grudge against Dofly could be a good clue of her joining in the future.
    As it was already said in the previous thread some of the best moments in One Piece were the emotional flashbacks of the crew members before joining (or when consoliding their stay in the team) Baby 5 could provide a huge emotional bang like that; sent by Do Flamingo to eliminate the strawhats and finally joining them against her own boss, it could work very well.

    About the supernovas I don't think of any of them as future crew members. They are all ambitious captains with their own dreams, falling unto another's flag would mean giving up on them.

  7. #47
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Squawk

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    I want Momonosuke to look like Daigorō from Lone Wolf and Cub:



    How sick would that be for him to join the crew? Like a badass version of Chopper.

  8. #48
    HHMMMMM!!?? Money and Spades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Straw Hat's Ship

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    I want Momonosuke to look like Daigorō from Lone Wolf and Cub: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3...41-daigoro.jpg How sick would that be for him to join the crew? Like a badass version of Chopper.
    So Chopper's not bad ass, especially with his new horn point?

  9. #49
    of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Being an emotional drunk in a cave.

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Money and Spades View Post
    So Chopper's not bad ass, especially with his new horn point?
    Chopper's never been bad ass. He's simply there to be sexy.


  10. #50

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Brownbeard for new-mate!

  11. #51

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinotX View Post
    So here comes another idea of how we should see the future of the Straw Hats...

    And I think I see a sort of patern how many we can expect probably.

    Let's put a list togheter..

    East Blue

    Zoro - 3 Style Swordsman - Master Type
    Usopp
    Sanji
    Nami - Girl - Ranged Attacks

    Grand Line: Paradise

    Chopper
    Robin - Women - Ranged Attacks
    Franky
    Brook - 1 style Swordsman - Speed Type


    So if we look at this we see a sort of pattern. The first sea gave us a women and a swordsman. Paradise brought us also a women and a swordsman.
    Now we have seen that Kinemon fights with 2 swords, is the possibility to have a Samurai from the Country of Wano who just happens to use 2 swords join a crew of pirates? Where we now of that the Samurai's have no allegiance to someone and hate Pirates it seems? Well I see it possible.

    But if we even look further we can maybe even find something else hidden?

    East Blue

    Zoro - 3 Style Swordsman - Master Type (Physical)
    Usopp - Ranged Fighter
    Sanji - Physical Fighter
    Nami - Girl - Ranged Attacks


    Grand Line: Paradise

    Chopper - Physical Fighter
    Robin - Women - Ranged Attacks
    Franky - Ranged Fighter
    Brook - 1 style Swordsman - Speed Type (Physical)
    It's just something I happend to stumble upon. It is probably just nothing what I saw and maybe we can predict what Oda does. Maybe it's just a coincidence..
    Another thing is that the two women of the ship both had some sort of disagreement with the Government. Nami with Nizumi who was just a small part of the WG then we got Robin who was targeted by the World Government so maybe we have the next women who has something much bigger than Robin who joins. If I have to put my money on that? Yeah you probably would hate me for even thinking it but this would be my list for the future what we could see...

    Grand Line: New World

    Jinbe - Physcial
    Kinemon - 2 Style Swordsman - Power Style (Physical)
    Bonney - Women - Ranged Attacks
    Cabin Boy - Ranged Attacks.

    And if I have to take the whole conclusion I think the Cabin Boy will be the last member of the crew, will be a young boy who will be the apprentice of Luffy which takes the hat after him and has the fruit of Ace. n.n;

    Probably more of a fanfic idea of mine, it just an idea. We dont have any proof and the story will tell what happens, I just wanted to share this with some people and see what they think about it. Just some gibberish or do you think that I have sort of a point in it?

    I put this here again.
    4 people joining in the New World is a kind of a stretch. We're already past the point of having new main characters. Oda should concentrate on the ones he already has.

    The Strawhats will get 2 new members at max, with Jinbe most likely being one of them. Kinemon, as great as he is, doesn't bring too much originality.

  12. #52
    HHMMMMM!!?? Money and Spades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Straw Hat's Ship

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Why do people hate them having 15 people? Thats small compare to other crews

  13. #53
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Oda said ten members (excluding Luffy) and had an interview saying he wanted the crew to be like a soccer team (11 players) so no debating anymore then two

    sorry I just love using that smiley!!!

    but seriously I do not see monet as even a plausible option yet (or probably in the future)

    Baby 5 has just entered it's jumping the gun a little I say, but actually I don't remember the last time we saw a beautiful girl who someone didn't think would join (perona, camie, Bonney, Marguerite, Hancock, Bon-chan , Shirashoshi) and those are just the ones I've been around for

    Kinnemon is really looking like a brook rival though

    Brook vs Kinemon
    • Swordsmen
    • use opposite elements
    • same height (which usually wouldn't mean much but given how tall they are...)
    • Protective of there hair (aren't samurai... k maybe I'm wrong)
    • both indebted to a different strawhat (zoro and sanji) outside of Luffy for saving them from an effect of a shichibukai's devil fruit
    And now he has them competing for who gets to beat the dragon, zoro and sanji version 2

    @money and spades: cause Oda's made it obviously clear, in interviews, books, and the manga itself that there will only be ten members (excluding Luffy)

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  14. #54

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Money and Spades View Post
    Why do people hate them having 15 people? Thats small compare to other crews
    Having a 15+ character main cast makes it hard for all of them to get equal amounts of development and screen (panel) time.


  15. #55

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Jinbe is given.
    Baby 5, , hopefully we get to see her rage around some more and learn about her relation to donflamingo, so maybe.
    Aokiji, Cant see him joining the SH's atleast not anytime soon, But could see him teaming up atleast with the SH when shit is going down at the end of the manga.

  16. #56
    Buggy's no 1 fangirl Persian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rouyn-Noranda

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    I personally think that there's gonna be 2 more nakama, but that both the Straw Hats and (insert random last villain) will have lots of allies who will join them for the last battle...
    As for the new nakama, let see... Jinbei, I wouldn't mind. I definitely don't want Law or Kinemon to join. Maybe being allies, but not Straw Hats. Bonney? nah... a rival or an ally, but not a nakama. Monet? NO. Just NO. She'll be a great villain working for Dofla, but nothing else. Same go for Vergo. Bon-Chan? I would LOVE to, but I don't think he will. He'll definitely show up at the final battle to help the Straw Hats, though...

    So... Jinbei and a new girl we haven't seen yet for me. A Logia would be interesting since the crew don't have one yet. Yes... Or maybe a Haki specialist who uses a weapon made of sea stone, that would be nice too. A girl cross-dresser (a girl that dresses and act like a guy) would be funny! Sanji would be wondering why he's attracted to the new pretty-boy and would almost go crazy thinking that the newkama might had a biggest influence on him than he thought... until he accidentally discover that the new pretty-boy is actually a girl!
    Weird and proud of it!

  17. #57
    Discovered Stowaway WarshipArc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hamilton ON.

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    What about Brownbeard?
    I second Brownbeard for Moo-ghee-wara nakamaship!
    Brownbeard is the perfect pack mule to lug whatever treasure Nami steals.
    If that isn't enough to convince people of his worth,BROWN BEARD HAS BOOBS.
    And unlike Baby 5, and Bonney, he doesn't have to cover them up fella's

  18. #58

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    I second Brownbeard for Moo-ghee-wara nakamaship!
    Brownbeard is the perfect pack mule to lug whatever treasure Nami steals.
    If that isn't enough to convince people of his worth,BROWN BEARD HAS BOOBS.
    And unlike Baby 5, and Bonney, he doesn't have to cover them up fella's
    Do Brownbeard's moobs have beards on them?
    If so, I'm sold!


  19. #59
    Bisoromi Bear Game And Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hitchhiking through the Galaxy

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    ...we really don't have a bearded guy in our main cast, don't we?

    You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

  20. #60

    Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    ...we really don't have a bearded guy in our main cast, don't we?
    Usopp and Sanji. And Jinbe, eventually.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 10 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts