+ Reply to Thread
Page 897 of 910 FirstFirst ... 397 797 847 887 895 896 897 898 899 907 ... LastLast
Results 17,921 to 17,940 of 18190

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    One of my main reason Kinemon would join is so the Straw Hats could always suit up before epic scenes. Like Strong World.

Imagine Reiju would join and Zoro struggles because he is attracted to her, but reminds him of Sanji too much.
    In such a scenario, I think it would be more likely for Oda to play up Reiju flirting with Zoro, and Sanji acting overprotective about his sister to annoy Zoro.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Second Best Drunkard The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    The thing I'm most excited for about Jinbe joining is completely silly. But I really want to see what other outfits and color schemes Oda would put him in lfrom arc to arc or movie to movie lol.
    So I'm not alone on thinking this, it's one of the many things I'm going hoopla for when he joins. My #1 pattern is the leaf design on FI with the second best being the jolly roger one currently. As for different outfits, he did wear a suit during Otohime's funeral (if you wanna count that, I guess), so maybe Oda could give him other types of clothes, as long as he keeps his sandals. Seeing him or even Luffy wear normal shoes would be like putting a shirt and shoes on the Hulk, it doesn't work lol.
    Last edited by The Tenth Strawhat; January 11th, 2017 at 05:56 PM.

I hope for a world where Dub and Sub anime watchers can both understand and respect each others opinions and get along.

I just can't wait for Brooke, Jimbe and Chopper to relax at an unappropiate time like in Shabondy. Maybe see Jimbe with sunglasses and a tropical hat.
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Link to game

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    So I'm not alone on thinking this, it's one of the many things I'm going hoopla for when he joins. My #1 pattern is the leaf design on FI with the second best being the jolly roger one currently. As for different outfits, he did wear a suit during Otohime's funeral (if you wanna count that, I guess), so maybe Oda could give him other types of clothes, as long as he keeps his sandals. Seeing him or even Luffy wear normal shoes would be like putting shoes on the Hulk, it doesn't work lol.
    Jimbei's seaweed-themed Fishman Island pattern is actually my least favorite design for him. But I LOVE the jolly roger pattern this arc though. I hope that is his "main" look akin to the designs the Straw Hats had right after post-timeskip since this will be his joining arc.

If we're offering ideas for clothes Jimbei could wear, I think that a stylized boxing robe would be perfect in every way. It fits his martial arts theme and looks similar to a gi. And Jimbei wearing a hood just looks so badass to me in my head.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

"I Just took care of it"

Sorry if I get in trouble for swearing but holy shit is that what he really said?

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    "I Just took care of it"

Sorry if I get in trouble for swearing but holy shit is that what he really said?

Finally!!!

And now it shouldn't be allowed to ever talk about Jinbe again and the whole thread should go to hall of shame

We just need to know if he is not gonna die at the end of the arc.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    At this point the only ones expecting Jinbe to die are those who eagerly want him to die to make way for ass and tits Redux.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    At this point the only ones expecting Jinbe to die are those who eagerly want him to die to make way for ass and tits Redux.
    Are we talking about Carrot or Reiju?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Are we talking about Carrot or Reiju?
    The sad part is that some people might still be hoping for Monet.

No one else will join in this arc... and before it cones up... no mink will join as well

Since the chance of that is -0.0000%, it's time to lay out the welcome mat for the big, blue fish uncle.

I personally still liked Jinbe's original outfit the best. The orange just pops so well against his blue. The light green he had on FI was... meh.

(Also the black and white squares against orange was pretty good as well.)

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I'm still expecting Jinbe to say something after the arc to the extent of "I'm going back to Fishman Island to protect it from Big Mom" given the event's gotta occur where the treasure chest explodes and Big Mom will want revenge.

If anyone should be at Wano it's Jinbe, but how's the whole Fishman Island aspect going to be taken care of otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm still expecting Jinbe to say something after the arc to the extent of "I'm going back to Fishman Island to protect it from Big Mom" given the event's gotta occur where the treasure chest explodes and Big Mom will want revenge.

If anyone should be at Wano it's Jinbe, but how's the whole Fishman Island aspect going to be taken care of otherwise?
    No just no it would be against everything Jinbe said and what Alladin said to him.

Alladin and Co can bo back as protection.

But there is still one thing to settle. And I bet it will be settled soon

His entire recruitment becomes an ongoing joke at that point.

But seriously what would they even have to gain from attacking FI from a narrative tension standpoint when the entire Royal Family is currently at Reviere? Aside from that , I think the reason FI was left so opened ended is because Joy Boy's promise , Shirley's vision and Noah, it all connects to the dream shared by Tiger, Otohime and Jinbe for Fishman and Humans to find common ground and the only way for that to happen is for them to migrate to the surface....Which was a central theme all through out FI, the flashback and even Arlong Park looking strikingly similar to Sabaody.

Only thing that's holding him back imo is their current predicament with Sanji's Family and Big Mom's. Like in a nutshell.

Any other delay for him joining will feel contrived as hell.
    Last edited by Blowfish; January 12th, 2017 at 12:56 PM.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

And I bring it up because it's one thing to go "Aladdin promised to protect the island" in a generic fashion while having a wife and kid under Big Mom's kid.

It's another to have Big Mom get attacked by a Fishman Island treasure and wanting petty revenge and knowingly brings the wrath of her crew down on the island. If I was Jinbe or Luffy I'd want to go there to defend it.

But I'm just playing devil's addvocate until we see how the scenes play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

And I bring it up because it's one thing to go "Aladdin promised to protect the island" in a generic fashion while having a wife and kid under Big Mom's kid.

It's another to have Big Mom get attacked by a Fishman Island treasure and wanting petty revenge and knowingly brings the wrath of her crew down on the island. If I was Jinbe or Luffy I'd want to go there to defend it.

But I'm just playing devil's addvocate until we see how the scenes play out.
    Maybe they will go back if shit happens... But Jinbe for sure won't go back alone and disappear for a long time as well. If he joins, he joins full time.

He said he settled things to Nami... That was what he said to Luffy he has to do before joining. Him saying naah Luffy now something else is between us... Just a wait longer... Maybe we will meet at Raftel would be plain bullshit

This is going to end with Luffy and Big Mom as allies, or at least on neutral ground, so FI shouldn't be an issue.

Narratively, Sanji needs to make his dad proud of him... but also disown him and say "Zeff is my real father". And Big Mom's issues with Lola need to be adressed.

*Those* are the key emotional issues. Luffy just sort of happens to be there. The bomb, Jinbe, Capone, the Vinsmokes, that's all secondary to make things worse and more dramatic in the momnet, not as important as the family issues.

And, however you feel about this chapter, Oda just got done showing us again how a mother is supposed to feel about her children... and its something that he's come back to time and time again. However pissed big mom is at Lola, (and why) I have to imagine she's still a mother first.

No real idea how exactly that's all going to tie together, but Luffy as the brunt force fighter isn't the key here. Sanji the chef and Nami the friend of Lola, are.

Holy shit Robby... If Big Mom somehow turns "good" I will ask you about numbers for lottery... I can't see it in the slightest after seeing her giving no fucks killing her son because she was hungry.

Same as she is enoying and allowing Anana violenting her stuffs like a psycho

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information