+ Reply to Thread
Page 900 of 900 FirstFirst ... 400 800 850 890 898 899 900
Results 17,981 to 17,999 of 17999

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    We still have Reverie this year right?
    Yes. But how much do you want to bet that it gets a cliffhanger and we see the rest of it after Wano Country ends?

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Yes. But how much do you want to bet that it gets a cliffhanger and we see the rest of it after Wano Country ends?
    As in the two arcs happening parallel to each other?

That seems plausible.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I think he meant the opposite, we get the Reverie, and when it is getting to a spicy conclusion, Wano starts and after the entire arc we get the: "meanwhile, at the Reverie..."
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Link to game

So if Wano starts at october, it would have...12 chapters at most?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

What are you talking about? The length of the Wano arc? I would think that it would bleed into 2018.
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks:
    Link to game

We don't know how things will play out this year, but is it starting to get to people that Oda's editor's announcement doesn't match that well with the current pace? I doubt that we will make any progress before February, and unless the tea party and the wedding is dissapointly skipped , there's too much Totland material to be covered in say 20 chapters.

Then maybe we skip to the Reverie for like 10 chapters and the rest is left for Wano?

Man,i don't know...

As in the two arcs happening parallel to each other?

That seems plausible.
    I think he meant the opposite, we get the Reverie, and when it is getting to a spicy conclusion, Wano starts and after the entire arc we get the: "meanwhile, at the Reverie..."
    Tamiel got what I meant. Just replace the word "conclusion" with "climax" since I fully expect the rulers and Marine/World Government officials at the Reverie to react to the news of Kaido's defeat and Wano Country opening its borders.

So if Wano starts at october, it would have...12 chapters at most?
    Probably. Is that supposed to be a problem? I hope you don't mean that Wano Country is ONLY going to have twelve chapters in total (that would only be what would come out THIS year) when it looks like it will be the size of Dressrosa and Water 7/Enies Lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by gangonga View Post
    We don't know how things will play out this year, but is it starting to get to people that Oda's editor's announcement doesn't match that well with the current pace? I doubt that we will make any progress before February, and unless the tea party and the wedding is dissapointly skipped , there's too much Totland material to be covered in say 20 chapters.

Then maybe we skip to the Reverie for like 10 chapters and the rest is left for Wano?

Man,i don't know...
    Eh, I think it's possible for the rest of the arc to end with twenty-thirty chapters left at the current pace this arc is going. I don't expect Brook and Pedro to get that much panel time for their battles, and everybody else is focused on getting closer to Sanji while Sanji himself is finally open to believing in himself again. So while I don't think the editor's comment was completely accurate quantitatively, it wasn't that far off. It's extremely doubtful that anybody (besides maybe Sanji) are getting legitimate fights for the wedding.
    Last edited by Count Mario; January 14th, 2017 at 04:54 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

It's extremely doubtful that anybody (besides maybe Sanji) are getting legitimate fights for the wedding.
    And this is very disheartening, taking into account that they barely had any fights since the timeskip,let alone decent focus,let alone decent anything...

This is a shonen story alright, and Oda tends to showcase their personal growth, opinions, character and personal conflicts throught their fights and if you agree he actually does it well.

What's the reason of Galette's, Amande's ,Bobbin's and the rest of Big Mom's crew if not for being the antagonists? And if not now when? When Big Mom is not relevant after all as you too suggested?

The only one that i don't see involved in a serious fight is Big Mom of course.But the rest?

And of course the common answer to this is that we will have our share of fights in Wano etc.

Oh well...i should not derail the thread any further, and i should have more faith in Oda i guess.

I keep saying it and I honestly think the only legit threats left as far as Big Mom's forces is concerned are the remaining Sweet Commanders and Mom herself. The rest are henchmen level at best and why would Oda waste time setting up fights for the likes of Bobbin and the 24th or 25th Charlotte kid?

I feel like Pudding's true value was as a double agent/schemer (which has already been exposed) but we have yet to see if she has true top tier fighting ability. The Water 7 and Toto Land arcs already share a number of parallels , between the crewmate who left the crew and new members potential joining and the whole behind the scenes stabbing in the back going on, like cp9 and Galley La but I could see Pudding totally being the Spadam of this arc.

Which begs the question could the events taking place here have conclusion elsewhere? Like Water 7/Enies Lobby Either Wano or Reverie is the most likely choice.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    I keep saying it and I honestly think the only legit threats left as far as Big Mom's forces is concerned are the remaining Sweet Commanders and Mom herself. The rest are henchmen level at best and why would Oda waste time setting up fights for the likes of Bobbin and the 24th or 25th Charlotte kid?

I feel like Pudding's true value was as a double agent/schemer (which has already been exposed) but we have yet to see if she has true top tier fighting ability. The Water 7 and Toto Land arcs already share a number of parallels , between the crewmate who left the crew and new members potential joining and the whole behind the scenes stabbing in the back going on, like cp9 and Galley La but I could see Pudding totally being the Spadam of this arc.

Which begs the question could the events taking place here have conclusion elsewhere? Like Water 7/Enies Lobby Either Wano or Reverie is the most likely choice.
    the 24th or 25th kid is exactly the type of people I expect nami, Chopper, and Brook to take on. If anything I feel like the weaker SH are below the Big Mom people but at the same time I doubt that. Though like it was already said I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any major fights. I also doubt that it will transfer islands (outside totland) This is gonna get all wrapped up during the wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if someone interrupts the wedding and starts mass confusion for the SH escape. Capone is the most likely culprit in my mind. Maybe BB but that would seem rather out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by HacheBe View Post
    Capone is the most likely culprit in my mind. Maybe BB but that would seem rather out of the blue.
    Why not both? Big Moms Yonko level power seems to come from a huge number of forced underlings.
    Capones "life force" for example seems to be in puddings personal potato thing. I guess he and Jimbe are not the only ones who would like to escape Big Mom grip.
    Add the number of prisoners and maybe germa, Big Mom might not lose the fight, but would be significantly weakened.

Like in marine fort somebody (Capone) can unite all the rebells and prisoners, like Buggy, to become a big name.

After their escape Big Mom is ready to be picked. With all those devil fruits Black Beard is not out of the picture. The marines might also be interested in cleaning up.

About the last nakama after jimbei. Luffy said he wanted a giant statue, maybe that is the last nakama? Like maybe a giant that has the statue statue no mi, or just a statue that is alive?
    Spoiler:

They are going to decorate Sunny with the Rio Poneglyph.

He's got em godlike killer moves

900 pages...and we still don't have a new nakama. That's rambling

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omy785 View Post
    900 pages...and we still don't have a new nakama. That's rambling
    And we only moved to the new thread because the old one was getting too . . . Rambly.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuechterling View Post
    Why not both? After their escape Big Mom is ready to be picked. With all those devil fruits Black Beard is not out of the picture. The marines might also be interested in cleaning up.
    Yeah thats what I'm thinking. To me Capone has a got a legit plan to either get away from Big Mom or take her out. Blackbeard could be involved if Capone has allied himself with him. Other than though I think it would be weird that at the end of the arc we just get BB show and finish Big Mom off. Like there should be hints in the earlier part of the arc about his presence.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    About the last nakama after jimbei. Luffy said he wanted a giant statue, maybe that is the last nakama? Like maybe a giant that has the statue statue no mi, or just a statue that is alive?
    interesting idea but I think that might just be something that Luffy wants. Maybe at the end of the series he will get one and it kinda shows that he has everything he ever really wanted sorta giving a tone of finality but it is possible. Idk how likely considering that fruit doesn't seem all that useful and we already got a similar(ish) fruit with Pica. if anyone can do it tho Oda could.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    interesting idea but I think that might just be something that Luffy wants. Maybe at the end of the series he will get one and it kinda shows that he has everything he ever really wanted sorta giving a tone of finality but it is possible. Idk how likely considering that fruit doesn't seem all that useful and we already got a similar(ish) fruit with Pica. if anyone can do it tho Oda could.
    He already got that fulfilled in Dressrosa.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    He already got that fulfilled in Dressrosa.
    I was thinking on the ship but yeah that could work.

I was thinking on the ship but yeah that could work.
    I know, but it's still what Luffy basically wanted. And when he saw Kyros' bronze statue, he said he wanted one like that. And he got it. Just on Dressrosa.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information